General 2022 Schedule

I'm well aware that the 2022 draw won't be announced for quite some time but does anyone know how randomized the draw is each year? We played the Panthers, Rabbits, Roosters, Eels, Broncos & Bulldogs just once each this season so do we automatically play then twice in 2022? Throw in the fact that there's only been 1 season (excluding 2020's reduced schedule) in the last 18 that we haven't played the Storm twice we could be set for a horrendous fixture list in 2022 👀

Geoff Public

Contributor
I'm well aware that the 2022 draw won't be announced for quite some time but does anyone know how randomized the draw is each year? We played the Panthers, Rabbits, Roosters, Eels, Broncos & Bulldogs just once each this season so do we automatically play then twice in 2022? Throw in the fact that there's only been 1 season (excluding 2020's reduced schedule) in the last 18 that we haven't played the Storm twice we could be set for a horrendous fixture list in 2022 👀
As long as the Storm are our Anzac day opponents the chance of playing them twice is high.

• Love
Reactions: bruce and Cces

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Pretty sure it depends on your final placing as to how the draw is decided(in terms of who you play twice). Then I believe there are special considerations of club requests eg in our case the ANZAC Storm game

Reactions: bruce and Cces

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
31BD19E9-C874-40D9-B9C5-4D475C1A31AB.jpeg

Remember the days when we were one of the round 1 big shots ?
We’d pack out Eden Park ….
That was 1 day.

Some dork in the NRL thought it'd be great if the 2011 NRL Grand Final replay between the Warriors and Sea Eagles happened in Round 1 of 2012 at Eden Park. 37 thousand odd, so, yes, big Round 1 big shot.

We regularly get a Saturday slot in Round 1. Before the implementation of the 6PM Friday slot, Saturday tended to be Warriors Game Day if it was an away game, Sunday if it was a home game. Now I'd say Friday is Warriors Day either way...

I read - I think it was on the Daily Telegraph website - that the NRL had promised their broadcasters that a draw would be provided by the end of October. And here we are in November... Mind you, the NRL has never been very good at providing a draw when it originally said it would...

Last edited:
Wonder how many people are looking at https://www.nrl.com/ and refreshing every 30 seconds?

Have to say my money's on an announcement that the NRL "needs final sign off from stakeholders and broadcasters and so the NRL Draw for 2022 will be released at a future date to be determined."

I hope we don't get too many games against our bogey teams. You know the ones..

The Panthers, the Storm, the Sea Eagles, the Sharks, the Roosters, the Bulldogs, the Wests Tigers, the Raiders, the Cowboys, the Eels, the Rabbitohs, the Dragons, the Titans, the Broncos and the Knights.

Avoid them and we just might be in with a shot for 2022.

Anyone know if there's any chance they'd move one of the earlier home games to Mt Smart, if travel is fully going ahead? Gutted we have to wait until the middle of the year.

Reactions: Dave Brough