General 2022 Predicted Lineup

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
So I think its time to start speculating wildly on Brownies or your own Prefered Line-up either for Round1 next year or the Most Preferred/Strongest 17. Over the course of the year. I know a few guys like Tohu Harris won't be back for a while and Reece is suspended and guys like Kane are probably gone with a few additions to maybe come.. so go wild.

I guess I'll go first.

1.RW
2.Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3.Berry
4.Vailea
5.Montoya
6.Chanel
7.Shaun Johnson
8.Addin Fonua-Blake
9.Egan
10.Lodge
11.Curren
12.Aitken
13.Harris

14.Kodi
15.Ben Murdoch-Masila
16.Afoa
17.Katoa

18.Jazz

The theory is Impact middles or edges.
Young Backline hasn't sold me but I'm not sure about that. I think Brownie will play the forwards like that though unless Jazz beats Kodi on Form.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Last edited:

Cobden Aristocracy

I pretty much agree with this team except I wouldn't yet bank on Niukore being with us next season, so replace him with Jaz.
Allowing for a few signings:

1 - Walsh
2 - Montoya
3 - Aitken
4 - Berry
5 - Watene-Zelezniak
6 - Ash Taylor
7 - Johnson
8 - Fonua-Blake
9 - Egan
10 - Lodge
11 - Niukore
12 - Curran
13 - Harris

14 - Harris-Tavita/ Nikorima
15 - Afoa
16 - Katoa
17 - Pene

Potential top 6 team - depending on if they can stay on the field!
I pretty much agree with this team except I wouldn't yet bank on Niukore playing for us next season so would move Katoa to 11 and have Jaz off the bench.
If Niukore comes over it creates a dilemma for me as I'm a Jaz fan.
I think Aitken is a centre and Tohu Harris needs to move to prop when Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake are having a spell.
I do wish Walsh would move to 5/8 but can't see it happening. Would also like to see how Chanel Harris-Tavita goes at hooker.

Oct 5, 2021
Allowing for a few signings:

1 - Walsh
2 - Montoya
3 - Aitken
4 - Berry
5 - Watene-Zelezniak
6 - Ash Taylor
7 - Johnson
8 - Fonua-Blake
9 - Egan
10 - Lodge
11 - Niukore
12 - Curran
13 - Harris

14 - Harris-Tavita/ Nikorima
15 - Afoa
16 - Katoa
17 - Pene

Potential top 6 team - depending on if they can stay on the field!
I pretty much agree with this team except wouldn't yet bank on Niukore playing for us next season, so would replace him with Katoa in the starting line up and would add Jaz to the bench. I do wish Walsh would go to 5/8 as the more he gets his hands on the ball, the better.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
1 D W Zelezniark
2 D Fusitua
3 A Pompey
4 E Aitkin
5 M Montoya
6 C H Tavita
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Lodge
11 J Curren
12 T Harris
13 J Tavaga

14 K Nikorima
15 B Afoa
16 A Pene
17 E Katoa

Think Aitkin would be better suited to right edge on defense with Fusitua or Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

Based on injuries and suspensions reckon we will run with the below

1 D W Zelezniark
2 D Fusitua
3 A Pompey
4 R Berry
5 M Montoya
6 C H Tavita
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 A Pene (Isn't Lodge suspended if I recall correctly)
11 J Curren
12 E Aitken (Tohu Harris won't be back for the start of the season)
13 Sironen (Brown loves him. The New Coach's son)

14 Jazz (Kodi won't get a look in unless injuries require him)
15 B Afoa
16 E Katoa (As a middle)
17 Ben Murdoch-Masila (Returns to second row where he is much better)

That is a pretty meh team to start the year. Only X factor is Addin Fonua-Blake and Shaun Johnson.

Reactions: eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
That is a pretty meh team to start the year. Only X factor is Addin Fonua-Blake and Shaun Johnson.

Yeah its not too flash.

The first few rounds is probably the best time to miss an attacking player, most teams just play completion rate, Walsh can still run rings around them at training.

Dallins seniority probably gets him the FB spot, though they’d have to tell him no trying to playmake, just run the kicks back.

Any success depends on Johnson, Walsh, Fonua-Blake and Lodge all being available for 75%+ of the games, otherwise we have no point of difference, just some good athletes and solid toilers.

Reactions: Worried2Death

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Yeah the team looks pretty ordinary so far, with too many unknowns. Happy with the forwards if they stay healthy and keep out of trouble. Halves are ?? ..
Ive noticed Jamie Soward predicted us to finish 14th due to game management.. I think we're better than that but not much. Still, we havent finished recruiting for 22 yet and 1 or 2 more in the right positions could make all the difference

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Yeah the team looks pretty ordinary so far, with too many unknowns. Happy with the forwards if they stay healthy and keep out of trouble. Halves are ?? ..
Ive noticed Jamie Soward predicted us to finish 14th due to game management.. I think we're better than that but not much. Still, we havent finished recruiting for 22 yet and 1 or 2 more in the right positions could make all the difference
I reckon there’s heaps going on in the background, an article I saw yesterday said Brown is looking looking to put a formidable team on the park in 2022. I think they see SJs contract as a big opportunity.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Too many gaps in the squad to name a team gir 2022

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Reactions: RTS’s calves

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
sneaking suspicions/wishful thinking:
We sign a Winger/FB, doesn't have to be a superstar, a pro.
One of Ratuva, Kosi to make big steps forward next season.
Fusitua to lose a lot of timber to become a viable Centre/FB option, or leaves to free up Cap, either works
Vailea to be a starting Centre, his development will be faster than Berry.
Shaun Johnson to provide that focus and direction in the middle, alongside calmness to get through those close games.
Chanel Harris-Tavita to complement Shaun Johnson and be a strong replacement when and if Shaun Johnson unavailable
Aitken to be 2nd Row shadowing Shaun Johnson.
Otukolo and Katoa to provide impact off the bench, much needed at DH and middle.

Reactions: CHURCUZ and RiceOwl

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
First GradeReserve Grade
1​
Reece WalshDavid Fusitua
2​
Dallin Watene-ZelesniakJunior Ratuva
3​
Viliami VaileaAdam Pompey
4​
Rocco BerryJeremiah Asi (D)
5​
Marcelo MontoyaEdward Kosi (D)
6​
Chanel Harris-TavitaKodi Nikorima
7​
Shaun JohnsonAsh Taylor
8​
Addin Fonua-BlakeAaron Pene
9​
Wayde EganTaniela Otukolo
10​
Matt LodgeJamayne Taunoa-Brown
11​
Euan AitkenTom Ale
12​
Josh CurranJack Murchie
13​
Tohu HarrisBayley Sironen
14​
Jazz TevagaTemple Kalepo (D)
15​
Bunty AfoaKina Kepu (D)
16​
Ben Murdoch-MasilaLingi Kepu (D)
17​
Eliesa KatoaPride Petterson-Robati

Extended Squad (3rd Tier Cap): Jyris Glamuzina, Zyon Maiu'u, Lleyton Finau, Preston Riki.

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings