General 2022 NRL Players - Mandatory Vaccine

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
If the government allows exemptions on heath and religious grounds then the NRL can not over rule the government.

They will be weary of a Folau type suing situation…
The government would be crazy to do that. May as well do nothing and leave it to the employers.

I was listening to Bernard Hickey yesterday. Who is going to enforce these mandates?

The Police...heyzeuss spare me...they cannot even enforce meth during lockdown FFS

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and Judaism have no prohibition on vaccines. Some Christian variants do have an objection to vaccines.

Some like Johovahs Witnesses don’t believe in putting anything in the body. They will sometimes choose to die before even having a blood transfusions.

Others twist pro life values, distort references to ‘the mark of the beast’ and make claims about gods will.

Most countries around the world have allowed exemptions to the vaccine on religious grounds. But there is the issue of if they are sincerely held beliefs or a out for antivaxers. How do authorities determine ‘sincere’ in such a claim?
Thanks for the info bro, so would those same people refuse hosptial treatment in an emergency? I wanna be respectful to the religious people on here but some of their stances are absolutely idiotic. Others I think just use it as an excuse to be Antivaxxers.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Thanks for the info bro, so would those same people refuse hosptial treatment in an emergency? I wanna be respectful to the religious people on here but some of their stances are absolutely idiotic. Others I think just use it as an excuse to be Antivaxxers.
The hardcore JW’s will die before they seek life saving medical treatment (see article). It’s a legitimate belief that’s fundamental to what they believe and who they are. When your belief is that strong (and I’m not religious) I don’t think the govt has the right to force a vax on them.

The hard part (loophole) is the government deciding who is just using religion as an excuse…

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
The hardcore JW’s will die before they seek life saving medical treatment (see article). It’s a legitimate belief that’s fundamental to what they believe and who they are. When your belief is that strong (and I’m not religious) I don’t think the govt has the right to force a vax on them.

The hard part (loophole) is the government deciding who is just using religion as an excuse…

Without being disrespectful that's a F'n stupid belief that needs to be challenged in society!

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Without being disrespectful that's a F'n stupid belief that needs to be challenged in society!
LOL -
"Hank, no offence, but you are an asshole!"
"Now can you hand in that report by 3 o'clock, Adam needs it for the ELT meeting".

• Haha
Reactions: J_P

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I've heard this mentioned in this thread regarding a few players but what exactly are the religious reasons for not to be vaccinated (flu or covid)? Sounds like a bullshit copout excuse cause I couldn't find any religions that are prominent in the nrl being against any vaccinations. Hopefully the NRL makes them bring proof also not just the medically exempt ones.

In the 1970s and 80s Fetal cell lines were grown in the lab from aborted foetuses.

These are used in the manufacturing process of some vaccines, which raises very strong objections from specific religious groups, most notably fundamental Christians.

Bear in mind that the cells used in today's vaccine development of some vaccines are tens of thousands of generations removed from the seed material.

Also lets be very clear that MRNA vaccines like Pfizer DO NOT use this tech.

If this idea concerns people, do your research, and do it from reputable scientific sources, don't be an idiot and use Facebook. This is not tissue we are talking about, this is the replacement by thousands of replication cycles through normal cellular division.

The Head of the Catholic Church, the Pope, has specifically given his blessing to the use of Covid vaccines. This is significant given the Churches stance on abortion.

Fats from Cows and Pigs is used in the manufacture of some vaccines. This clearly is problematic for Muslims, Hindus, and some Christian Sects such as the 7th day Adventists.

Again to be very clear, MRNA vaccines like Pfizer do not contain any of these ingredients.

Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Moderna, have released their full list of ingredients.

Three of the companies that religious groups are concerned about most are Sinovac, Sinopharm, and CanSino Biologics, which have not released official statements about whether or not their products use pork-derived gelatin.

I cannot tell you about Novavax or Johnson and Johnson at this stage because I do not have that information to hand.

But you can see how MRNA vaccines are a......wait for it......pun incoming....'God send'.

Last edited:

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Dr Ron Levy, an associate professor at the Australian National University’s college of law, said the legal prospects for people opposed to vaccine mandates was “quite poor”.

“I just don’t see a lot of limits, legally speaking,” he said. “People want to find them because they might strongly believe their freedoms are being constrained, but legally speaking they’re not going to find what they’re looking for.”

While some groups, including the Australian Human Rights Commission, have raised the prospect of discrimination laws affecting vaccine mandates, Levy said they could only apply in extremely limited cases since personal opposition to vaccines was not a form of discrimination.

“In very rare cases people might not able to have a vaccination for medical reasons so there could be an argument of discrimination on the basis of disability, but what is very, very likely is that any order or law is going to have exemptions for those sorts of people, anyway,” he said.

The legal landscape was less complicated in NSW, Levy said, because the state does not have a Human Rights Act. In the states and territories that do – Victoria, the ACT and Queensland – legislators would have to consider the human rights implications of any rules which limited access to places on the basis of vaccine status.
was reading earlier today that there has been only one church given the right to refuse a previous vaccine under religious objections, upheld under the no jab no play policy. According to last census that church has 982 memeber in the whole of Australia. The Christian Scientists. And they have come out and said that they are not anti-vax but nor pro vax, however if vac is required thats what they will do.
As such the Govt in 2015 removed the right to object to vaccinations due to religious reasons, simply because it was no longer required.

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Fundamentally is everyone going to get the virus eventually? Is the effort to protect everyone futile when the experts say everyone will eventually be exposed anyway?

So how do we allow that to happen? In Australia it seems to be when vaccination is above 80%. I don’t see the point of hardcore NRL restrictions on the field when they go home and 1/5 of the friends you hang out with after the game may have Covid.

I guess it’s about getting the balance right.
have you ever meet anyone who has never had the flu, cause based on what i read thats what happened to the spanish flu.

Also it has been announced that for the forseable future, even once vacc levels have been met that if you have covid, (irrelevent of your lvlo of vac or not) you will still have to quarantine for 2 weeks before you will be allowed out again. hopefully thats at home.

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
I've heard this mentioned in this thread regarding a few players but what exactly are the religious reasons for not to be vaccinated (flu or covid)? Sounds like a bullshit copout excuse cause I couldn't find any religions that are prominent in the nrl being against any vaccinations. Hopefully the NRL makes them bring proof also not just the medically exempt ones.
because there are none. see my other post, on what i read earlier today. Infact most church officials have been co-opted into pushing vaccines amongst their followers. A big reason they will do this is becasue, even once targets are reached, NSW road map dictates you can only go to church or services if you are vaccinated. no jab- no pray

• Love
Reactions: J_P and Sup42

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
It will depend on the terms of the contract. The NRL contracts are very tight, favouring the NRL and the club, not the player.

In the end with civil contracts it comes down to who can afford to pay the lawyers. Tony Kemp won his battle against the NZRL back in the day, but it cost him most of his contract money.

It has cost Jake DeBelin a fortune as well.

I think the Fat Lady has moved on.
this is speculation but - also remember the TV - or media companies are also heavily invested in keeping the comp alive and they will add their weight to any court cases. i dont know if this is by money but could easily see them running a smear campaign etc on behalf of the NRL against idiots etc as the losses they would face if the comp got shut down is about 16 hours of game time per week for two weeks, all the talk shows etc. Having to replace that at the last minute and make ad revenue would hurt

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
have you ever meet anyone who has never had the flu, cause based on what i read thats what happened to the spanish flu.
The same with bird flu and sars. This virus seems to be different

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
The same with bird flu and sars. This virus seems to be different
only because it is so young. Speculating again but i feel that by 2025 covid as such will be nothing that people talk about anymore it will just roll back into the flu category until there is another - sars, birdflu, Aussie flu, etc etc...

Reactions: J_P and Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I heard on the wireless that the Warriors are going to be promoting vaccines.

Hope so. Bout time one of the sports in this country showed some care for people other than themselves and their bottom line.

All the others have hidden their vaccinations behind closed doors for fear of any type of backlash or loss of revenue.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_P and gREVUS

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
only because it is so young. Speculating again but i feel that by 2025 covid as such will be nothing that people talk about anymore it will just roll back into the flu category until there is another - sars, birdflu, Aussie flu, etc etc...
wrong thread

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Another solution:

Make a list of all the anti-vaxxers, corporate officials, referees and players. Then make them all play in their own competition. Make them set up the whole she-bang themselves - the organisation, the structure, the rules and, of course, the income streams ie find broadcasters who'll fund the organisation and show it on radio, internet and TV. Which should be the easy bit, given the hunger broadcasters have for content. Bar the Anti-Vaxx Teams any intellectual rights to logos, certain rules etc (ie make certain NRL rules unable to be used by the new competition.)

It shouldn't be difficult for the NRL to find vaxxed-up replacements for the players who've gone and maybe they didn't need certain corporate officials, etc anyway so it's another cost saving.

So the NRL can argue that they're not barring any player's "right to trade" ie play. They're just barring them from playing in their competition, which they have a right to do.

Does anyone know how many Mark E players would be anti-vaxxers to the point of being kicked out of the NRL?

Disclaimer: I have no legal training beyond watching "Better Call Saul" and oogling hot TV lady lawyers so I declare myself safe from liability from anyone taking the above ideas and actually implementing them because there's a slight possibility they might be bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: J_P and john nick

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
I hope people remember this cause this is a once in hundred years pandemic. I think people will be weary of this cause this virus has fuked our lives for what's gonna be 2+ years. I've got family overseas that haven't been able to send kids to schools since the start of last year.

Reactions: bruce

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings