Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I still believe that we may see players from the top 30 depart prior to next years kick off.

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
Saw Frei in Palm Cove a month ago, a lot bigger than I would have guessed (and yes familiar with Players away from the pitch lol). He was at a lunch with a partner so didn’t disturb but I’d be happy to have a further look at him on a TAT, maybe have Bunty talk to him about lifting the bar a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHURCUZ

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Tom Ale:

The medical team have said that Tom will not play until late next year, based on their track record, he'll be back playing round 1, 2022.

Chanel Harris-Tavita, Addin Fonua-Blake, Hiku ... all out forever, nek minit they're on the field ...

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
More likely they were alloqing for the Kosi signing with 4 spots left. Don't aee Ale in top 30 with that injury
Club dropped the news after that article was published. Stuff would’ve broke the Kosi news otherwise

I agree though I don’t think it’s a good idea for Ale to be top 30 either. I can’t see there being heaps of suitors for a guy that’s only a couple weeks out of ACL surgery. Regardless of potential. Keep him around and get him in the top 30 in 2023 similar to what they did with Ratuva

Jaffa J

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 22, 2020
I think both signings are a waste maybe due to lack of experienced backs led to Kosi making the 30 would rather he stay on a development contract and Ale is injured for most the season unless it's a Lawton situation

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
I think both signings are a waste maybe due to lack of experienced backs led to Kosi making the 30 would rather he stay on a development contract and Ale is injured for most the season unless it's a Lawton situation
They are both guys with NRL experience and future potential taking up what you would assume is minimum wage in the top 30. In terms of balance that is not too bad. Also frees up a development spot for another youngster

Jaffa J

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 22, 2020
They are both guys with NRL experience and future potential taking up what you would assume is minimum wage in the top 30. In terms of balance that is not too bad. Also frees up a development spot for another youngster
Too early for Kosi imo and Ale is out for most of the season

Reactions: playdaball

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
I’m ok with the Kosi signing, pretty much all our home grown wingers have had shaky starts to their careers. Seems to have a good attitude and won’t be on big money so very little risk.

Adds some much needed size as well especially if Aitken moves to the forwards. Montoya is ok at a hit up, but Walsh, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Berry and Vailea aren’t going to kick start a set at this stage very well.

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
Ratuva has been injured most the time he should get the opportunity over Kosi because he has speed something we've lacked over the years

The fact he has been injured all the time tempers my expectations of him. At least Roache, Henry and the fish made it out on to the field before being injured. Ratuva hasn’t really managed to do that yet.

Still not writing him off yet but as a betting man would want to see a few gallops before having a punt on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings