Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do think about Frei? Surely after being in the system for two or three years, you would know if you wanted to resign or train and trial deal??
His frame is about the only thing going for him, not many 6'6 props in the game. Actually has a good head on shoulders unlike Evans. But he doesn't bend the line enough. I'd probably go a different route, maybe fast track one of the Kepu boys instead.

I think he'll sign a contract with Redcliffe for 2023 given he grew up in Brisbane and will be part of their depth.

Reactions: Barty
Had a feeling they would do this. Surprised they announced it before Vailea though.

Down to three spots in top 30 now.
Vailea is on a dev contract until 2023 so i guess they think hes safe with us, get a bit more reverse grade training in early, then back in to nrl late in the year when hes eligible?

With the anouncement of Kosi today by my count that takes us up to 24 players which is the minimum top 30 needed to be signed by november 1st deadline.

Vailea is on a dev contract until 2023 so i guess they think hes safe with us, get a bit more reverse grade training in early, then back in to nrl late in the year when hes eligible?

With the anouncement of Kosi today by my count that takes us up to 24 players which is the minimum top 30 needed to be signed by november 1st deadline.
The rumours are that Vailea has also been promoted to top 30

This is terrible news as Ed Kosi is currently not at the required NRL standard.

He should have had a full year at the Dolphins.
He'll be playing Q Cup unless there's an injury crisis. I like him, a budget Fusitua on minimum wage, massive unit with speed to burn, and most importantly a quick learner. Seeing him break down after a loss spoke volumes about his attitude to me. Give him a year and he could be a weapon on half of Fusitua's contract, smart cap rebalance.

I like the signing. Kosi plays hard and from what I've seen cares about the jersey. Could end up being a Francis Meli type. Metcalf, Niukore and Manu are the rumored players we are after and there just happens to be 3 spots left 👀
Ash Taylor's contract is automatically executed if he passes the fitness tests. If he passes the tests, it automatically converts to one year top 30 contract. So need to take that into account as well. Technically two spots left, assuming he passes which POS said he should.

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Saw Frei in Palm Cove a month ago, a lot bigger than I would have guessed (and yes familiar with Players away from the pitch lol). He was at a lunch with a partner so didn’t disturb but I’d be happy to have a further look at him on a TAT, maybe have Bunty talk to him about lifting the bar a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHURCUZ
More likely they were alloqing for the Kosi signing with 4 spots left. Don't aee Ale in top 30 with that injury
Club dropped the news after that article was published. Stuff would’ve broke the Kosi news otherwise

I agree though I don’t think it’s a good idea for Ale to be top 30 either. I can’t see there being heaps of suitors for a guy that’s only a couple weeks out of ACL surgery. Regardless of potential. Keep him around and get him in the top 30 in 2023 similar to what they did with Ratuva

Status
Not open for further replies.