Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence

Defence

West tigers have rocks in their heads
As much as papali’i was terrific this season I don’t want him back as something in the parramatta environment clicked with Isaiah
He may not feel so inspired elsewhere
One swallow does not a summer make.
One good season does not make you a $600,000 forward in my eyes.
True but better than Luciano at $700,000+
That’s just taking the piss.

Selector

Dmetric Sifakula Otahuhu Leopards junior has signed a 2 year deal with the club he is primarly a winger. Will be involved in up coming preseason training, but will join the NRL squad full time in 2023.

Also Warriors have signed Sefanaia Cowley-Lupo BayRoskill junior for next year can play in the halves and fullback. Will play for Redcliffe in the Queensland Cup

Five&Last

Five&Last

Dmetric Sifakula Otahuhu Leopards junior has signed a 2 year deal with the club he is primarly a winger. Will be involved in up coming preseason training, but will join the NRL squad full time in 2023.

Also Warriors have signed Sefanaia Cowley-Lupo BayRoskill junior for next year can play in the halves and fullback. Will play for Redcliffe in the Queensland Cup
Thoughts on Demetric Sifakula? Highly rated in first XV circles but haven’t seen him play myself

Mr Brownstone

West tigers have rocks in their heads
As much as papali’i was terrific this season I don’t want him back as something in the parramatta environment clicked with Isaiah
He may not feel so inspired elsewhere
One swallow does not a summer make.
One good season does not make you a $600,000 forward in my eyes.
I look at it a bit differently - Isaiah played as well as any middle or edge forward in 2021, he was unbelievably good, much better than $600k. So agree that he is at risk of mean reverting a bit, although I think that risk is limited given he’s still young for his position. However even if he did then $600k would be a good price to get him for.

Blindside

Contributor
Noticed in the statement PO’S put out last night, when he thanked the staff, he thanked Mark, Rob and especially Cameron. Probably for all he’s done arranging the last couple of years I suppose. If the signings are still delivered as he said in the article that nothing changes, it puts a feather in the cap of those left over he said are still sticking to the plan of recruiting the targets and if successful, reassures everybody that they are capable.
That was the funny part.

Reactions: ramps
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

If CG had any brains heand Brown would have had an 'Exit Interview' with PO'S to discuss the state of the roster and recommendations for a replacement.
I'm sure that would have happened plus he would have left a written plan. After all, the Warriors are releasing him early as well.

It was inevitable there would be casualties with the Dolphins startup and while it's impacted on us first, I'm sure if will affect most of the clubs in the comp one way or another.

Not the end of the world in my view and I trust the owners to get things right, been going ok so far

wizards rage

wizards rage

All those worried about the Dolphins taking half our squad:

There are 16 teams and a 30 place Dolphins squad so on average they will take less than 2 players from all other teams.

Bennett has the pulling power to get players from everywhere so he won’t be forced to pulling players only from the unfavoured clubs (us) because players are avoiding the Dolphins. So the spread of clubs he impacts will be fairly even.

Bennett traditionally favours players he has a past relationship to. Former, Broncos, Souths, Queensland players will be over represented in the squad.

1/4 of the squad will be up and coming players, juniors or reserve grade depth. Realistically there are probably only up to 20 solid first grade players they will require, 4 fringe and 6 development.

I honestly think we will only lose 1, perhaps 2 players - one first grade (Lodge) and possibly one fringe player. There are just to many players from to many clubs and to few Dolphin spots.

Just don’t touch Walsh!

Uster101

Even though there is this Nov 1 thing, I would not expect any confirmed signings until closer to or even into December. If confirmation of signings come quickly would mean the Warriors were talking to players before Nov 1 which I don't think is allowed. Also the Talk of Manu etc is well known, and to be honest we may not get any of these players they are talking about. With POS leaving, any players that do sign might not be what we are all hoping for. Look when they signed Montoya, Sironen etc, They came our of the blue with no articles of us even looking at them. Our 2023 Squad may be way different than what we are thinking it will be. If these players are just after a good pay check then yes we have a good chance of signing them, but if they are after a premiership title then signing Manu etc will not happen. It really depends on what the player is looking for.

Uster101

All those worried about the Dolphins taking half our squad:

There are 16 teams and a 30 place Dolphins squad so on average they will take less than 2 players from all other teams.

Bennett has the pulling power to get players from everywhere so he won’t be forced to pulling players only from the unfavoured clubs (us) because players are avoiding the Dolphins. So the spread of clubs he impacts will be fairly even.

Bennett traditionally favours players he has a past relationship to. Former, Broncos, Souths, Queensland players will be over represented in the squad.

1/4 of the squad will be up and coming players, juniors or reserve grade depth. Realistically there are probably only up to 20 solid first grade players they will require, 4 fringe and 6 development.

I honestly think we will only lose 1, perhaps 2 players - one first grade (Lodge) and possibly one fringe player. There are just to many players from to many clubs and to few Dolphin spots.

Just don’t touch Walsh!
I am picking the Dolphins will sign a number of players, but a lot of the Players will be the better ones in the Current Dolphins squad, so some clubs will lose players but with the Salary cap, they will not be able to create a whole new 30 man squad. They will have to use players in the current Dolphins squad. It will be a team of a few top players with a few good players and the rest being current Dolphins players

Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Even though there is this Nov 1 thing, I would not expect any confirmed signings until closer to or even into December. If confirmation of signings come quickly would mean the Warriors were talking to players before Nov 1 which I don't think is allowed. Also the Talk of Manu etc is well known, and to be honest we may not get any of these players they are talking about. With POS leaving, any players that do sign might not be what we are all hoping for. Look when they signed Montoya, Sironen etc, They came our of the blue with no articles of us even looking at them. Our 2023 Squad may be way different than what we are thinking it will be. If these players are just after a good pay check then yes we have a good chance of signing them, but if they are after a premiership title then signing Manu etc will not happen. It really depends on what the player is looking for.
Actually, this is not true I believe, you are allowed to talk to teams, you can't just offer an official contract.

Toookey

Toookey

Ok - thanks for that - But I will not be expecting any announcements for a few weeks into November at the earliest
Mate I’m sitting up past midnight on Oct 31st with a bowl of popcorn in one hand and frantically refreshing news websites on my phone in the other. If we don’t have confirmation by 00:05 November 1st I’m throwing my toys out the cot 😂

But no, while what you’re saying makes a tonne of sense I just really hope you’re wrong haha. Manu knows we’re coming for him, he likely knows close to how much he’s gunna get from us. Imo if Roosters were going to be successful they would have locked him down already

Uster101

Getting rid of players, to hopefully make room for what we want is a good start, but If we do not get the players we want are they going to fill the Spots with 2nd rate players, and leave 2023-2026 as more crap years for the Warriors. upgrading players like Kosi to the top 30 makes me think they are not expecting to land too many players otherwise they would be keeping spots open

JaggedJ

Remember when it was the old June 30 deadline - midnight struck, woke up the next morning and we'd signed PJ Marsh.

Even if nobody has signed, agents would know already which clubs are interested and what they're prepared to offer.

Usually Nov 1st is a meaningless media date and things rarely happen. Would expect things to move a little quicker with the Dolphins circling.

Not sure how they'll go about it. They may have a marquee signing ready to go but it wouldn't surprise me if they quickly went with a batch of mid to low/development tier signings including a couple of Redcliffe juniors to really connect with the area.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Status
Not open for further replies.