Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
It’s a bit harsh, I’d rate a Harris, Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake trio up there with the best in the comp. A fit Shaun Johnson would give us a decent playmaker and there are a few kids in Walsh, Berry and Vailia who should be better for the run around this year.

I’d rate our roster over the Tigers, Bulldogs, Cowboys and Dragons. Sharks signings have been questionable and not yet sold on the Broncos, Raiders haven’t got any better and the Titans spine is exciting but extremely raw.

It’s not a top 4 roster by any stretch of the imagination but theres enough talent to compete for the top 8. Browns challenge is to convert his recruitment skills into results.

Although I rate Brown, Montoya and Curran apart not enough players took a step forward last season. I hope for more next season.
It’s a bit harsh, I’d rate a Harris, Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake trio up there with the best in the comp. A fit Shaun Johnson would give us a decent playmaker and there are a few kids in Walsh, Berry and Vailia who should be better for the run around this year.

I’d rate our roster over the Tigers, Bulldogs, Cowboys and Dragons. Sharks signings have been questionable and not yet sold on the Broncos, Raiders haven’t got any better and the Titans spine is exciting but extremely raw.

It’s not a top 4 roster by any stretch of the imagination but theres enough talent to compete for the top 8. Browns challenge is to convert his recruitment skills into results.

Although I rate Brown, Montoya and Curran apart not enough players took a step forward last season. I hope for more next season.
Yeah fair enough. I am pretty similar in thinking to where Soward had us. I think we tend to rate young guys like Katoa, Berry, Walsh etc very highly without accounting for the fact that they are still very young and the gap between their best and worst is still very large. I also think the lack of a really quality 9&6 hampers us greatly. You could maybe get away with it if you had ball playing back rowers or centre’s but when we tried to spread the ball early last year or become creative we looked very disjointed and not ready to play the game at pace.

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
Yeah I think that’s wishful thinking that either will get released.

What incentive does either club have to release them other than to do the players a favour in helping them get long term deals.

Both players would be outperforming their current bargain contracts that only have one year left.

Panthers in particular just lost their other starting centre (Burton) and back up (Naden). Will only have Crichton left.

I can’t see it happening.
They can have Pompey. They also have Tago and Jenkins who are high regarded

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Vodafone Warriors prop Jamayne Taunoa- Brown is leaving the club to continue his NRL career with another club.

The 24-year-old 2020-2021 Indigenous All-Stars front rower was intially signed on a train and trial contract with the club before earning a fulltime deal for the 2020 season.

“Jamayne has asked for a release from his current contract and it has been granted,” said Vodafone Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan.

“Unfortunately we were unable to offer him a contract beyond 2022 so, with his best interests in mind, we’ve reluctantly agreed to let him go so he can accept a long-term offer for his future and security. We thank him for his service to the club and wish him well moving forward.”

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
Vodafone Warriors prop Jamayne Taunoa- Brown is leaving the club to continue his NRL career with another club.

The 24-year-old 2020-2021 Indigenous All-Stars front rower was intially signed on a train and trial contract with the club before earning a fulltime deal for the 2020 season.

“Jamayne has asked for a release from his current contract and it has been granted,” said Vodafone Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan.

“Unfortunately we were unable to offer him a contract beyond 2022 so, with his best interests in mind, we’ve reluctantly agreed to let him go so he can accept a long-term offer for his future and security. We thank him for his service to the club and wish him well moving forward.”

Reactions: ramps

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands

Awesome!! In POS we trust! Excited to see who we are signing now that we got quite a few spots available

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
So who are our current props? Addin Fonua-Blake, Lodge, Pene and Afoa

We’re yet to hear about Frei and Ale (who is injured for half a year).

That’s looking pretty thin on the ground now, currently with Lodge out for rd 1, we’d be looking at Frei as our 4th prop, someone who’s not currently signed and only has 1 games experience…

Reactions: Defence

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018

That’s looking pretty thin on the ground now, currently with Lodge out for rd 1, we’d be looking at Frei as our 4th prop, someone who’s not currently signed and only has 1 games experience…

Our surplus of backrowers probably means someone like Tohu Harris or Ben Murdoch-Masila are going to spend more time in the middle. Katoa also spent time there in the back end of the year.

NZWarriorsFaithful

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2020

remember gus said we signing a forward so hopefully one or a couple more

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
He did well in 2020 when most of our middles were injured. Really regressed this year so 2022 was going to be case of trying to get more out of him. Can understand the clubs position of not rushing to extend him past 2022.

We are seeing a change in how the club goes about things. Previously if you were here already it was likely you would be re-signed and we'd get maybe 1-2 players coming in. They seem to be a bit more reserved it extending guys and wanting to wait to see assess their form.

Hopefully we see a few signings announced soon.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Considering we have nobody of any consequence off contract in 2022 I think POS is looking at 2023 as the year.
My main concern with this is after making the finals in 2018 they were talking about having the squad they want and pushing for bigger things in 2020. After 2019 fell apart I Think I then heard 2021 was going to be the year.

Think 2022 was then meant to be the year the squad is where POS wants it.

The mid year signings last year of Walsh, Lodge and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak have helped. We have Johnson and Pene coming in so 2022. Hopefully a few more.

Hopefully with the rumours of us going after a few players from November 1st for 2023 its a case of 2022 big improvement make the finals and 2023 contend for a premiership.

Reactions: wizards rage

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
FYI the lyrics in this song were clearly written about POS. Dude gets what he needs when he needs it, then cuts the deadwood and moves on to the next. What a pro.

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
I'm pleased to have Jamayne Tounua-Brown move on as he should not be part of our future plans. I was also pleased when he came in and performed above expectation last year when we really needed someone to pitch in and help out after the chaos of pre-season prop injuries and covid.

Thanks mate, good luck at your new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings