Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Geez that looks awful, our back 5 is putrid - I wouldn’t be overly impressed by signing Momo, he’s a ball hog
I don’t think it’s terrible. Clearly it changes a lot with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak on a wing and Walsh back to fb, but outside of those you have a premiership winning centre who’s solid at worst, Montoya who was very reliable for us this year, a young gun centre and someone who’s been regarded as the best athlete POS has ever seen.

Certainly not our strong point but a solid halves pairing and strong forward pack, I think our backs hold their own for those first 3 games until Walsh comes back

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
He hasn’t, neither has Niukore. Just taking a stab at a rd 1 lineup
Yeah I think that’s wishful thinking that either will get released.

What incentive does either club have to release them other than to do the players a favour in helping them get long term deals.

Both players would be outperforming their current bargain contracts that only have one year left.

Panthers in particular just lost their other starting centre (Burton) and back up (Naden). Will only have Crichton left.

I can’t see it happening.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
What incentive does either club have to release them other than to do the players a favour in helping them get long term deals.

“It’s understood Penrith are open to releasing Momiroski early though as they believe they have enough depth to cover his loss, and it will free up some cap space to upgrade other players.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/86f3ee7284297cd3b8e5e41f63cd1cb6

Absolutely wishful thinking on my part tho, just a stab in the dark at what rd 1 will look like. Plenty of water will pass under the bridge with injuries and new signings before rd 1

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
“It’s understood Penrith are open to releasing Momiroski early though as they believe they have enough depth to cover his loss, and it will free up some cap space to upgrade other players.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/86f3ee7284297cd3b8e5e41f63cd1cb6

Absolutely wishful thinking on my part tho, just a stab in the dark at what rd 1 will look like. Plenty of water will pass under the bridge with injuries and new signings before rd 1
Yeah I saw that but just looking at their roster, assuming Crichton moves back to centre, then the only other centres they have are Tago and Taylan May both 19 and 20. And a washed up Robert Jennings.

It’d be like us going into the season with Berry and Vailea as our staring centres (which we probably will be ironically).

Reactions: Worried2Death

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019

They are just using Manly and Warriors to raise up his price for the roosters who won't pay overs for anyone. We don't need him nor do Manly.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
can we sign a good coach before round 1? no matter what team we put out on paper, with brown in charge we wont be better than a 10-14 place finish
Come on bro, as an organisation we are for ever changing our coach. Brown isn’t a Bellamy by any stretch, but aside from Flannagan (who I think is sweet to coach pretty soon), we have to give Brown a decent shot.
Coaches rarely succeed their first year as it takes a bit of time to clear the deadwood and get the team that they want, but on top of that we had COVID and injuries that really f**ked us this year.

If we get a decent run with injuries next year we’ll made the 8 for sure

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I would put the roster on paper in the bottom 4 so it will be interesting to see what he can produce
Bottom 4? Ouch that’s a bit harsh. We weren’t even bottom 4 this year, and we’ve got a better squad already, plus you can assume we won’t have the worst injury toll 2x years in a row (touch wood).

If we manage to only have an average/normal amount of injuries next year we’ll make the 8 comfortably imo

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Bottom 4? Ouch that’s a bit harsh. We weren’t even bottom 4 this year, and we’ve got a better squad already, plus you can assume we won’t have the worst injury toll 2x years in a row (touch wood).

If we manage to only have an average/normal amount of injuries next year we’ll make the 8 comfortably imo
I would think bottom 4 on paper given the youth and lack of quality in the spine, potentially 2 young centres, and not a lot of creativity in the back row. Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake can only carry the team so far, and with Harris out the defence will definitely be tested.

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
I would put the roster on paper in the bottom 4 so it will be interesting to see what he can produce
It’s a bit harsh, I’d rate a Harris, Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake trio up there with the best in the comp. A fit Shaun Johnson would give us a decent playmaker and there are a few kids in Walsh, Berry and Vailia who should be better for the run around this year.

I’d rate our roster over the Tigers, Bulldogs, Cowboys and Dragons. Sharks signings have been questionable and not yet sold on the Broncos, Raiders haven’t got any better and the Titans spine is exciting but extremely raw.

It’s not a top 4 roster by any stretch of the imagination but theres enough talent to compete for the top 8. Browns challenge is to convert his recruitment skills into results.

Although I rate Brown, Montoya and Curran apart not enough players took a step forward last season. I hope for more next season.

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
Let’s give the club the benefit of the doubt.
a pre season with the whole team in the same location, players living in houses and not a hotel complex, settled home ground, youth better for the opportunities given to them last season and more experienced halves, what isn’t there to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings