Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
wellyboy

wellyboy

Contributor
If the kepu twins with the Laban and zion are what they think they are then losing glamuzina won't mean much?
Exactly. Ive heard alot of good things on the twins, laban and that beast zion.. not so much glamuzina so im algoods with letting him go.

Five&Last

Five&Last

Would be keen on Momorvski although I think both Berry and Vailea will be better than him next year. No stats to back that up before you all go jumping to the fox sports lab, just my take on their trajectory. Momorvski would be good competition for spots though. Would rather a centre than wing to replace Fusitua

Reactions: 7 users
Five&Last

Five&Last

Exactly. Ive heard alot of good things on the twins, laban and that beast zion.. not so much glamuzina so im algoods with letting him go.
Everything I’ve heard is that he was pretty highly rated within the club. A lot of info around juniors is kept under wraps though with hardly any youth competitions due to covid, so they miss out on a ton of development.

Last edited:
Five&Last

Five&Last

From what I’ve seen Glamuzina’s just another Afoa, just smaller and faster. hopefully that means Ale’s staying, while we still have Maiu’u and Laban to come through. Be good to see them 3 and Katoa be the foundation of our pack the next few years.
Jyris is way more skilled and faster. The type of prop we should be going after as the game moves away from straight charging props like Bunty.

Almost can’t afford to have middles that can’t ball play these days. Tohu Harris, Lodge and Siro are good at it, the rest not so much.

I don’t think we re-sign Ale now. He’s out until mid next year if the ACL reports are true. He probably just trains with us and gets some Redcliffe game time at the backend of next year as part of our wider squad.

Reactions: 4 users
NZWarriorsFaithful

NZWarriorsFaithful

Jyris is way more skilled and faster. The type of prop we should be going after as the game moves away from straight charging props like Bunty.

Almost can’t afford to have middles that can’t ball play these days. Tohu Harris, Lodge and Siro are good at it, the rest not so much.

I don’t think we re-sign Ale now. He’s out until mid next year if the ACL reports are true. He probably just trains with us and gets some Redcliffe game time at the backend of next year as part of our wider squad.
hes young so he will recover faster, will come back around same time as Tohu Harris, hopefully he still gets re-signed as he's very mobile and can play anywhere in the forwards

Reactions: 2 users
Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

Question:
Have any players come to the Warriors due to Brown? Quite often players follow coaches, but I dont think this the case… no ex Newcastle Knights or Huddersfield players .
Hmmmmm
Well Danny Levi definitely wouldn't have come here to follow Brown.
So we can chalk that one up as a win!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Toookey

Toookey

hes young so he will recover faster, will come back around same time as Tohu Harris, hopefully he still gets re-signed as he's very mobile and can play anywhere in the forwards
Shiiit, didn’t realise Tohu Harris was out for that long.
I didn’t even realise it was an ACL. As it happened mid July, hopefully he’s on the speedier side of recoveries (usually between 6-9 months) but I appreciate even then he won’t be back to his best for some time.

Jeeze that’s a bit of a blow. Maybe we limit his game time next year. With his age and now this injury, we may have seen the best of Tohu Harris. Hope he’s still got a few good years left

Reactions: 1 users
Geoff Public

Geoff Public

Contributor
I didn’t even realise it was an ACL. As it happened mid July, hopefully he’s on the speedier side of recoveries (usually between 6-9 months) but I appreciate even then he won’t be back to his best for some time.

Jeeze that’s a bit of a blow. Maybe we limit his game time next year. With his age and now this injury, we may have seen the best of Tohu Harris. Hope he’s still got a few good years left
So does this mean Addin Fonua-Blake is likely to be the team Captain, at least for the early season?

Reactions: 1 users
The Falcon

The Falcon

There is also some thought that it takes a season to get confidence back and full strength in the knee etc and it’s the following season to hit full noise. Hopefully Tohu Harris is able to get back into his rhythm sooner 🤞🏾

Reactions: 3 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
There is also some thought that it takes a season to get confidence back and full strength in the knee etc and it’s the following season to hit full noise. Hopefully Tohu Harris is able to get back into his rhythm sooner 🤞🏾
hell yea, with all these one year contracts that could be coming through, we really need him on the pitch at the end of the season at 100 percent

Reactions: 1 user
Toookey

Toookey

Yeah for sure - if he’s on the longer side of rehab (9mnths) he would be back late April, and assuming the season starts at a similar time to it did this year that would be between 6-8 rounds.
Far from ideal, but somewhat manageable.

Although at the same time, we’ll be missing Tohu Harris and Walsh for our first three games, plus Lodge for the first game, arguably 3 of our best 6 or so players.

Far from ideal!

Reactions: 3 users

Wheels

Yeah for sure - if he’s on the longer side of rehab (9mnths) he would be back late April, and assuming the season starts at a similar time to it did this year that would be between 6-8 rounds.
Far from ideal, but somewhat manageable.

Although at the same time, we’ll be missing Tohu Harris and Walsh for our first three games, plus Lodge for the first game, arguably 3 of our best 6 or so players.

Far from ideal!
What would our starting line up actually look like for game 1?

Mr Brownstone

• Haha
Toookey

Toookey

Geez that looks awful, our back 5 is putrid - I wouldn’t be overly impressed by signing Momo, he’s a ball hog
I don’t think it’s terrible. Clearly it changes a lot with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak on a wing and Walsh back to fb, but outside of those you have a premiership winning centre who’s solid at worst, Montoya who was very reliable for us this year, a young gun centre and someone who’s been regarded as the best athlete POS has ever seen.

Certainly not our strong point but a solid halves pairing and strong forward pack, I think our backs hold their own for those first 3 games until Walsh comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.