Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
bUt yOu sAiD tHeY wErE bEtTer ? Lol.....I mentioned them as being players others forum members said we should go after...Yes? Then you said your part. Sooooo You did mention them 🤣 To much weights not enough book smarts
Lol holy hecka, dial it down mate.

They are better than him though? Unfortunately most wingers are when you look at Fusitua’s current situation, having played 12 games over 2 years.

I’m literally responding to what you post, no need to get aggressive…that’s kinda the point on a forum 😉

Yomama

U20's Player
Sep 24, 2021
They are better than him though? Unfortunately most wingers are when you look at Fusitua’s current situation, having played 12 games over 2 years
Just because he hasn't played in a while doesn't make anyone else a better athlete does it?. Tommy Turbo was out for most of 2020/2021. Was Matt Dufty better than him then? Lol
I’m literally responding to what you post, no need to get aggressive…that’s kinda the point on a forum 😉
I to , Am literally responding to what you have said 🤣
Sensitive soul huh? Far from aggressive bro.

Reactions: TheCool

Yomama

U20's Player
Sep 24, 2021
Lol holy hecka, dial it down mate.

They are better than him though? Unfortunately most wingers are when you look at Fusitua’s current situation, having played 12 games over 2 years.

My point is, If we're going after players that are like for like in terms of what we already have. Or had. Its a waste of time. Aim higher. Joey Manu is the benchmark.

Reactions: TheCool and Defence

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
My point is, If we're going after players that are like for like in terms of what we already have. Or had. Its a waste of time. Aim higher. Joey Manu is the benchmark.
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree - Coach wants a back up, experienced outside back. A player like that is going to be someone on the outter, someone who probably has deficiencies and will demand low $$ - you get what you pay for.

Im happy to hear your views on a low cost, experienced outside back who will be a fill in, that costs sweet fa. You got anyone in mind that fits the mould..

I think you’re trying to twist my words - I asked are you talking 2018 Fusitua (best winger in the world) or 2020 and 2021 Fusitua (injury plagued and pea heart). Because my argument stands - anyone who played more than 12 games and looked like they wanted to be there is better than the latter. No debate about 2018 Fusitua tho, one of the best wingers in the game

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Sounds dandy. Aim higher and all.

But realistically - we’re a shit club and won’t be attracting marquee players unless they’re damaged goods eg Lodge, Addin Fonua-Blake & Taylor …

dantheman

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2017
Warriors looking at Paul Momirovski.

Momirovski on the verge of leaving Panthers to potentially join fifth club in five years​

Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

October 19, 2021

Panthers centre Paul Momirovski is on the verge of signing with his fifth club in as many seasons after he was granted permission by the club to find a new home in 2022.

The Sydney Roosters have expressed interest in luring him back to the club where he made his NRL debut in 2018, while the Sea Eagles and Warriors are also interested
Yes please! Would happily have him at the club, solves the centre issue if Aitken goes to 2nd row permanently.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020

Momirovski on the verge of leaving Panthers to potentially join fifth club in five years​

Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

October 19, 2021

Panthers centre Paul Momirovski is on the verge of signing with his fifth club in as many seasons after he was granted permission by the club to find a new home in 2022.

The Sydney Roosters have expressed interest in luring him back to the club where he made his NRL debut in 2018, while the Sea Eagles and Warriors are also interested
With the POS connection I’d guess we‘re a fair chance of landing him. Nice pick up if it happens.

Geoff Public

1000 Days in Oz Tour. See NRL.COM for venue dates
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland

Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

October 19, 2021

It ties in with what POS said about wanting an experienced outside back. For me it also says they want Aitken's line speed for the 2nd row, which is what Brown said during the season.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
It ties in with what POS said about wanting an experienced outside back. For me it also says they want Aitken's line speed for the 2nd row, which is what Brown said during the season.
Yup, he may not be as experienced as Hiku but he has the maturity which is important for us and is a total pro. POS had a dip at him last year but we obviously missed out.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
A player of Mimi’s ability would be great for us, but again I can’t help but worry about our forward pack - in fact it stresses me out haha.

How on earth are we fitting Tohu Harris, Aitken, Curran, Katoa, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Sironen, and Jazz all in?
Thats assuming we don’t get Niukore for next year as well.

Maybe we don’t sign a player to replace Evans, and either Katoa, Tohu Harris or Ben Murdoch-Masila end up in our front row rotation? Maybe we carry two (including Jazz) on the bench to sub hooker for 20 min too.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Question:
Have any players come to the Warriors due to Brown? Quite often players follow coaches, but I dont think this the case… no ex Newcastle Knights or Huddersfield players .
Hmmmmm

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
I reckon Curran could slip backwards as much as improve. A good season, but is still unproven as far as I am concerned. His last couple of games were not as good as the purple patch through the middle of the season. Aitken has potential, but far from a sure thing at 2nd row. We're a failure of a club if we can't make something of Katoa, perhaps he will play prop.

I'd like to see Katoa (off Shaun Johnson), Curran and Harris, with Ben Murdoch-Masila (sorry Bruce) and Jazz off the bench. But then Harris will miss the first half of the season. Niukore is needed. If only Murchie could sort his Burgess-like hands out. I am less than impressed with Sironen at this point.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I reckon Curran could slip backwards as much as improve. A good season, but is still unproven as far as I am concerned. His last couple of games were not as good as the purple patch through the middle of the season. Aitken has potential, but far from a sure thing at 2nd row. We're a failure of a club if we can't make something of Katoa, perhaps he will play prop.

I'd like to see Katoa (off Shaun Johnson), Curran and Harris, with Ben Murdoch-Masila (sorry Bruce) and Jazz off the bench. But then Harris will miss the first half of the season. Niukore is needed. If only Murchie could sort his Burgess-like hands out. I am less than impressed with Sironen at this point.
Curran came good for periods last year but 2019 he didn't show much besides enthusiasm when he arrived and 2020 was pretty much a write off. Like you I am not confident he will kick on again next year, happy to be wrong.

Look at 2020 Murchie arrived looked like a penalty magnet and by the end of the year he started coming good, ran some good lines of Nikorima. Could of been even more dangerous id we had a consistent half.

Moving Aitken in field you would guess something would have to give. Either someone moves on or it leads to other positional changes with some of the other guys moved to the middle of the field.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Waipiro

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 17, 2021
Tauranga, NZ
I reckon Curran could slip backwards as much as improve. A good season, but is still unproven as far as I am concerned. His last couple of games were not as good as the purple patch through the middle of the season.
Got the impression Curran was under an injury cloud the last few rounds but toughed it out. Hopefully fully fit next year,
To me Sironen and Murchie look the ones to fall down the rankings and Katoa Ben Murdoch-Masila impact off the bench. The prop rotation for 2022 could be key as we were pretty poor with both Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake off at the same time.
Think you are right about Katoa running lines off Shaun Johnson being an exciting prospect.

Waipiro

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 17, 2021
Tauranga, NZ
How on earth are we fitting Tohu Harris, Aitken, Curran, Katoa, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Sironen, and Jazz all in?
Thats assuming we don’t get Niukore for next year as well.
Gotta chuck Pene in the mix too.
At the end of the day we want to build depth and create competition for spots so this is a good thing. As guys take opportunities (or we sign better players) then others either fight for a spot or move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings