Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toookey

Toookey

My point is, If we're going after players that are like for like in terms of what we already have. Or had. Its a waste of time. Aim higher. Joey Manu is the benchmark.
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree - Coach wants a back up, experienced outside back. A player like that is going to be someone on the outter, someone who probably has deficiencies and will demand low $$ - you get what you pay for.

Im happy to hear your views on a low cost, experienced outside back who will be a fill in, that costs sweet fa. You got anyone in mind that fits the mould..

I think you’re trying to twist my words - I asked are you talking 2018 Fusitua (best winger in the world) or 2020 and 2021 Fusitua (injury plagued and pea heart). Because my argument stands - anyone who played more than 12 games and looked like they wanted to be there is better than the latter. No debate about 2018 Fusitua tho, one of the best wingers in the game

Reactions: 1 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

My point is, If we're going after players that are like for like in terms of what we already have. Or had. Its a waste of time. Aim higher. Joey Manu is the benchmark.
Sounds dandy. Aim higher and all.

But realistically - we’re a shit club and won’t be attracting marquee players unless they’re damaged goods eg Lodge, Addin Fonua-Blake & Taylor

Reactions: 3 users

Pricey

😂 Da faq?

You named those three guys in the previous post, and I said they are better than current Fusitua.

Now you’re saying I mentioned them?
Haha brooo.
You’re so far ahead of the rest of us you can’t even keep up with your self 😂
The under 20's these days Tooks no respect for their elders 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

dantheman

Warriors looking at Paul Momirovski.

Momirovski on the verge of leaving Panthers to potentially join fifth club in five years​

Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

October 19, 2021

Panthers centre Paul Momirovski is on the verge of signing with his fifth club in as many seasons after he was granted permission by the club to find a new home in 2022.

The Sydney Roosters have expressed interest in luring him back to the club where he made his NRL debut in 2018, while the Sea Eagles and Warriors are also interested
Yes please! Would happily have him at the club, solves the centre issue if Aitken goes to 2nd row permanently.

Reactions: 3 users

6Again

Momirovski on the verge of leaving Panthers to potentially join fifth club in five years​

Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

October 19, 2021

Panthers centre Paul Momirovski is on the verge of signing with his fifth club in as many seasons after he was granted permission by the club to find a new home in 2022.

The Sydney Roosters have expressed interest in luring him back to the club where he made his NRL debut in 2018, while the Sea Eagles and Warriors are also interested
With the POS connection I’d guess we‘re a fair chance of landing him. Nice pick up if it happens.

Geoff Public

Geoff Public

Contributor

Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

October 19, 2021

It ties in with what POS said about wanting an experienced outside back. For me it also says they want Aitken's line speed for the 2nd row, which is what Brown said during the season.

Reactions: 6 users

6Again

It ties in with what POS said about wanting an experienced outside back. For me it also says they want Aitken's line speed for the 2nd row, which is what Brown said during the season.
Yup, he may not be as experienced as Hiku but he has the maturity which is important for us and is a total pro. POS had a dip at him last year but we obviously missed out.

Reactions: 1 user
Toookey

Toookey

A player of Mimi’s ability would be great for us, but again I can’t help but worry about our forward pack - in fact it stresses me out haha.

How on earth are we fitting Tohu Harris, Aitken, Curran, Katoa, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Sironen, and Jazz all in?
Thats assuming we don’t get Niukore for next year as well.

Maybe we don’t sign a player to replace Evans, and either Katoa, Tohu Harris or Ben Murdoch-Masila end up in our front row rotation? Maybe we carry two (including Jazz) on the bench to sub hooker for 20 min too.

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Question:
Have any players come to the Warriors due to Brown? Quite often players follow coaches, but I dont think this the case… no ex Newcastle Knights or Huddersfield players .
Hmmmmm

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
I reckon Curran could slip backwards as much as improve. A good season, but is still unproven as far as I am concerned. His last couple of games were not as good as the purple patch through the middle of the season. Aitken has potential, but far from a sure thing at 2nd row. We're a failure of a club if we can't make something of Katoa, perhaps he will play prop.

I'd like to see Katoa (off Shaun Johnson), Curran and Harris, with Ben Murdoch-Masila (sorry Bruce) and Jazz off the bench. But then Harris will miss the first half of the season. Niukore is needed. If only Murchie could sort his Burgess-like hands out. I am less than impressed with Sironen at this point.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
snake77

snake77

I reckon Curran could slip backwards as much as improve. A good season, but is still unproven as far as I am concerned. His last couple of games were not as good as the purple patch through the middle of the season. Aitken has potential, but far from a sure thing at 2nd row. We're a failure of a club if we can't make something of Katoa, perhaps he will play prop.

I'd like to see Katoa (off Shaun Johnson), Curran and Harris, with Ben Murdoch-Masila (sorry Bruce) and Jazz off the bench. But then Harris will miss the first half of the season. Niukore is needed. If only Murchie could sort his Burgess-like hands out. I am less than impressed with Sironen at this point.
Curran came good for periods last year but 2019 he didn't show much besides enthusiasm when he arrived and 2020 was pretty much a write off. Like you I am not confident he will kick on again next year, happy to be wrong.

Look at 2020 Murchie arrived looked like a penalty magnet and by the end of the year he started coming good, ran some good lines of Nikorima. Could of been even more dangerous id we had a consistent half.

Moving Aitken in field you would guess something would have to give. Either someone moves on or it leads to other positional changes with some of the other guys moved to the middle of the field.

Reactions: 1 user

Waipiro

I reckon Curran could slip backwards as much as improve. A good season, but is still unproven as far as I am concerned. His last couple of games were not as good as the purple patch through the middle of the season.
Got the impression Curran was under an injury cloud the last few rounds but toughed it out. Hopefully fully fit next year,
To me Sironen and Murchie look the ones to fall down the rankings and Katoa Ben Murdoch-Masila impact off the bench. The prop rotation for 2022 could be key as we were pretty poor with both Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake off at the same time.
Think you are right about Katoa running lines off Shaun Johnson being an exciting prospect.

Reactions: 6 users

drake83

I have seen videos of Curran back in the gym lifting

Curran has released videos of himself working out and not out on it. Could see some small improvements if this is a sign of his professionalism

Reactions: 9 users

Waipiro

I have seen videos of Curran back in the gym lifting

Curran has released videos of himself working out and not out on it. Could see some small improvements if this is a sign of his professionalism
Thats a really good sign! He really packed on some beef in 2020 and I felt he had worked hard on his fitness and defence this year. Bodes well for next year,

Reactions: 5 users

Waipiro

i actually think that Brown is bringing in way more than he is bringing up. I dont have the numbers to back it up. But how many has he added from other clubs this year? vs how many has he brought up that havent played first grade before?
I think he has actually given quite a few young guys a shot they wouldnt have got under Kearney. Kosi, Berry, Vailea, Otukolo, etc.
He specifically didnt target loan players to give them a chance as well and I think it will speed up their development. Whether that means they will kick on is another thing but at least they got a shot earlier than expected.
You are right though that the club kept looking for deals and upgrades when they came available through out the year. Looked like a good blend of development and cap management to be fair.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.