Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toookey

Toookey

Here's a stat for all you stat lovers then

"

It’s no coincidence the Warriors averaged 20.2 points per game with Harris-Tavita on the field (22.3 per game if we ignore the horror Round 25 loss to the Titans) compared with 17.6 points per game with him off it."

Source = https://rugbyleaguewriters.com/nrl-2021/nrl-2021-new-zealand-warriors-season-review/

You guys must watch the try highlights and not much else
“Regular readers won’t be shocked to see Chanel Harris-Tavita at the top of the list. The 22-year-old is a personal favourite which seems to be in direct contrast to the fan base overall.”

Goes on to then highlight 2 efforts, 9 games apart where Chanel takes three steps at the defensive line before passing to someone else, who breaks free and throws a great offload to someone else, who scores. Lol, that will do me. Seriously concerned if that’s all someone can highlight.

But hey, go on and add them to CHTs yearly tally then, I’m feeling generous.
He now has 4 try assists in 11 games 😂

Reactions: 1 user
ramps

ramps

So now that Fusitua is confirmed, surely POS has got us someone lined up for the wing.. would not be surprised if its blake ferguson lol

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
2 try assists and 1 line break for a half in 11 games is disgraceful …

Should be aiming for those stats in one game … but eleven???? fucking hell….
Could be worse...like...Dylan Brown. 21 games for 2 try assists. And some people think he would be a good buy when he is already on an overinflated contract.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Toookey

Toookey

Or Cotric with the Dogs paying some of the freight.
Dogs paid a crazy amount for him (650k), and sounds like other clubs would be interested in him for around 4-450k.

We’ll, we just got around $300k from Fusitua leaving - if we didn’t have so many potential young guns in Vailea, Berry and Ratuva I’d love to see us fork an extra 100k or so out to get him

Reactions: 1 users
Five&Last

Five&Last

Anyone have details of Ale’s injury?

Went off in final Redcliffe game with knee injury and then just had surgery.

Hopefully not ACL. Would almost rule him out of being re-signed.

• Sad
NZWarriorsFaithful

NZWarriorsFaithful

Anyone have details of Ale’s injury?

Went off in final Redcliffe game with knee injury and then just had surgery.

Hopefully not ACL. Would almost rule him out of being re-signed.
Pretty sure it was acl

• Sad
Five&Last

Five&Last

Pretty sure it was acl
Don't think we saw the best of him this year. Season was derailed with that ankle injury and then first game back for dolphins goes off for 236 metres and 35 tackles. Hopefully we keep him around the squad next year and rehab him for a top 30 spot in 2023 like we did with Ratuva this year.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brownstone

Dogs paid a crazy amount for him (650k), and sounds like other clubs would be interested in him for around 4-450k.

We’ll, we just got around $300k from Fusitua leaving - if we didn’t have so many potential young guns in Vailea, Berry and Ratuva I’d love to see us fork an extra 100k or so out to get him
Nah, Cotric is to outside backs what Chanel Harris-Tavita is to halves. Both offer very little.

• Haha
AlexM

AlexM

With all the players shipped to SL or not being renewed, something bigs brewing.

Reactions: 4 users
Blain

Blain

Hmmm.. I think we're just clearing out the rubbish, way faster than normal. With the new owners, we are seeing a pretty clear shift - If someone isn't cutting it, dump them, pay a bit of freight, and get someone in who can offer something.

Even if we are paying half of Fusitua's contract, $250k could pick up a decent NRL winger with some experience, one who will want to play and offer a good attitude, with some potential upside.

Reactions: 6 users
Defence

Defence

So how many spots do we have available now and what positions are we looking at?
I’m lost.

Tianasnow14

“Regular readers won’t be shocked to see Chanel Harris-Tavita at the top of the list. The 22-year-old is a personal favourite which seems to be in direct contrast to the fan base overall.”

Goes on to then highlight 2 efforts, 9 games apart where Chanel takes three steps at the defensive line before passing to someone else, who breaks free and throws a great offload to someone else, who scores. Lol, that will do me. Seriously concerned if that’s all someone can highlight.

But hey, go on and add them to CHTs yearly tally then, I’m feeling generous.
He now has 4 try assists in 11 games 😂

I think if you watch most of the Warriors tries in opposition 20 Chanel Harris-Tavita is the first receiver straightening up the attack, I could be wrong but you don't necessarily want to take to many steps before passing to your back door receiver . Takes time away from the second receiver to put on a play. I'm not sticking up for him, just giving context to what may.... be the reason why his try assist tally is low. I'll have a look on the nrl website for his stats on try involvements.

Toookey

Toookey

I think if you watch most of the Warriors tries in opposition 20 Chanel Harris-Tavita is the first receiver straightening up the attack, I could be wrong but you don't necessarily want to take to many steps before passing to your back door receiver . Takes time away from the second receiver to put on a play. I'm not sticking up for him, just giving context to what may.... be the reason why his try assist tally is low. I'll have a look on the nrl website for his stats on try involvements.
Yeah I get that as a half you’re likely to have had your hands on the ball in the lead up to a try. Outside of a hooker, halves should be the players who have their hands on the ball the most.

A while back someone posted stats for ‘try contributions’ which are similar to try assists, but awarded to someone who is heavily involved in a lead up to a try. (I’ve tried to find these stats but can’t find them, if anyone knows where to find these could you post them please?) But again from memory, Chanel Harris-Tavita isn’t featured heavily in these stats.

I know Chanel Harris-Tavita isn’t the worst player to have ever played, but if one of our biggest issues this year was attack, having a half who’s only created 2 times in 11 games is a pretty big issue

Toookey

Toookey

I think what you are after is here
Awesome thanks mate.

Yeah so there’s total try involvement (tti) and try contribution (tcb). It’s not good reading for those who support Chanel Harris-Tavita as even Sean O’Sullivan beats him in each category comfortably…

Chanel Harris-Tavita looks to be one of the regular halves with the lowest try assists. Dearden and Dylan Brown are worse by numbers, and then there’s a few subjective players who play other positions or off the bench so hard to quantify.

In regards to try contributions tho, outside of the top 10 players for this, the next 90% of players seem to have similar stats between 4-9 of these in a season, so its hard to place emphasis on this. Eg Sean O'Sullivan had 7 and Chanel Harris-Tavita had 4 - I don’t think this is indicative of who’s a better player

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.