Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
good luck in Leeds David Fusitua… I’ll always remember the flying Fusitua diving for the corner.
F16EB3A9-3D3D-4E34-9F3B-7E963A875118.jpeg

Last edited:

Jaffa J

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 22, 2020

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
To complete the halves stat attack here is Kodi

Kodi had a decent year stats wise. Surprised some teams aren't kicking his tires from a depth option perspective.

Le Kodi 2021
21 Games
Tries 4
Average Kicking Metres 146
Forced Drop outs 8
Goal Kicking 80.8%
Try Assists 11
Line Break Assists 12
Tackle Efficiency 88%
Yeah - so…..stats don’t tell you everything bro 😂

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
I disagree with that, but I'm not disagreeing with you. Stats mean a whole deal of shit and that's what coaches use when it comes to selecting squads the world over when it comes to every single sports.

If you are having an off day the stats say so.

If you are having an off month the stats say so. The coach will then begin to plan whether that player is in a rut.

If you are having an off first quarter of the season the stats say so and then the coach has to react faster and if it's affecting the team then he has to change things up to get things back in action.

So then another person comes in with better stats, maybe sooner than a quarter of the season, and he plays a blinder and takes over. The stats says alot.

I was keeping an eye on the NRL stats checker for every player and found that Luiciano Leilua, (Joey's brother) was constantly getting around 50 and above points whilst playing for the Tigers and he was performing well in a weak team.

The stats say a lot.

So if someone says 'stats don't mean anything' they are bull shitting and they don't know anything themselves.
Yeah totally. I’m a Supercoach addict and that’s all about player stats. Keeps the season interesting even after the Warriors have turned to custard.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Please, please do not give a spot to Kosi next year . That would be a waste of a spot and with suspensions and injuries , we’ll end up playing .

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Confirmed yet? I’m so fucking stoked. Haha even if we paid 200k, we free up 400k+ for someone who PLAYS. No disrespect but this is a business. I’m absolutely loving POS at the helm
He’s apparently on $520k, hopefully we’re paying no more than 40% so we have $300k to spend for next year.

Disappointing end for such a high profile player.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
It’s a big f**k no to Curtis Scott. He’s lost the plot and very bad news.

Speaking of f**kwits though, somebody on the Sharks facebook group suggested Campbell-Gillard. Had to laugh at that one, ridiculous suggestion.

It's a great idea. Great Prop. Got back to his SOO form this year. He's also a cleanskin.

I read he's off to the Warriors though

Dont know if there’s any truth to that, saw it earlier. Off the sharks league unlimited forum.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
It’s a big f**k no to Curtis Scott. He’s lost the plot and very bad news.

Speaking of f**kwits though, somebody on the Sharks facebook group suggested Campbell-Gillard. Had to laugh at that one, ridiculous suggestion.

It's a great idea. Great Prop. Got back to his SOO form this year. He's also a cleanskin.

I read he's off to the Warriors though

Dont know if there’s any truth to that, saw it earlier. Off the sharks league unlimited forum.
Huh, you read RCG or Scott coming here?

Reactions: Murraytd

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Huh, you read RCG or Scott coming here?
Sorry hard to follow, I copied and pasted it. The initial part ended at “ridiculous suggestion”, the response was the “it’s a great idea” etc part. Was around RCG as far as I could understand, can’t see how it could happen though. Likely just a rumour, only way I could see would be Lodge to the dolphins for 2023 and RCG joins.

Reactions: fizurg and Toookey

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Sorry hard to follow, I copied and pasted it. The initial part ended at “ridiculous suggestion”, the response was the “it’s a great idea” etc part. Was around RCG as far as I could understand, can’t see how it could happen though. Likely just a rumour, only way I could see would be Lodge to the dolphins for 2023 and RCG joins.
Just had a quick read and it seems RCG has told Para he won’t be taking the player option for 2023 with Eels.

But, apparently he’s earning 750k, can’t see us getting anywhere near that, especially as Ben Murdoch-Masila and Tohu Harris slowing down and potentially ending up in the front row for 2023 onwards.

Always good to hear what others are saying, would be a good signing for sure

Reactions: Noitall

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Just had a quick read and it seems RCG has told Para he won’t be taking the player option for 2023 with Eels.

But, apparently he’s earning 750k, can’t see us getting anywhere near that, especially as Ben Murdoch-Masila and Tohu Harris slowing down and potentially ending up in the front row for 2023 onwards.

Always good to hear what others are saying, would be a good signing for sure
Yeah I saw that price tag too, also panthers chip in a chunk from his previous contract. Not sure for how much longer though. With the sum and body shape, you’d almost say it’s a substitute for Tohu Harris. Would have wondered about retirement but sounds like he’s keen on internationals again. Guess there could be a scenario where the eels know RCG is not taking up his option, so they prioritise Niukore and let RCG walk.

Reactions: Toookey

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Normally u wouldn’t pay much attention to the rcg one but there’s some unique factors in play here.
With redcliff coming into the comp there’s going to be guys signing for them in nov and there’s going to be clubs wondering if it’s worth keeping those players for one year.
Meanwhile a short term deal with us would look like an attractive proposition for someone in rcg boots as they get a chance to move up to brisbane and get settled in a year early.
This particular rumor may not be true but it is a scenario that could unfold with a couple of players and we could be in a unique position to pick up a couple of discount one year deals.
The ash Taylor experiment shows we’re open to it.
One year deals do have there pros and cons but say we could pick rcg up for $500,000 for next season- you’d jump at that.
Addin Fonua-Blake, lodge, rcg would be the best prop rotation in the comp.
Stranger things have happened and it’s shaping as a crazy off season in the player market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings