Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Because they need to see if he's worth developing any further I just hope it doesn't become a detriment to the team if he's outta form just drop him
They can work that out in the pre-season, it will be obvious enough if he has improved on 2021 - and it would need to be significant improvement for him to be up to first grade level. No way they don’t run their best available side out round 1.

Reactions: Inruin and Defence

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Because they need to see if he's worth developing any further I just hope it doesn't become a detriment to the team if he's outta form just drop him
Chanel Harris-Tavita will get his chance for sure, but at the same time so will Ash.
We’ve had a rough few years team wise so the Warriors really need to make finals next year. No Lodge and Walsh for the first few games I think, so I think we’re going to have to play our best team in Rd 1 irrespective of giving Chanel Harris-Tavita a chance. If he’s the better option he plays, if not then tough luck Chanel Harris-Tavita.

I’m actually quite excited for Ash. He obviously has talent, he’ll be playing behind a big forward pack alongside a top half so won’t have to carry the team. No expectations with being the 1 million dollar man, I think he’ll be a big part of our run to a top 5 or 6 position to be honest

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
What is the official signing status on Frei & Ale?

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Ohhh didn't realize he had been confirmed. So Taylor at 7 and Shaun Johnson at 6 with Chanel Harris-Tavita and Niko as back up?
Are you on drugs or just old age?

while I like Taylor he, like Shaun Johnson are not reliable week in week out halves.

Fall back is Kodi and Chanel Harris-Tavita and we’ve already seen what those two produce when on the field ….

I can’t see much progress being made in 2022, too many gaps in key roles ie halves and hooker but I’d happily eat humble pie if wrong..

Jaffa J

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 22, 2020
Chanel Harris-Tavita will get his chance for sure, but at the same time so will Ash.
We’ve had a rough few years team wise so the Warriors really need to make finals next year. No Lodge and Walsh for the first few games I think, so I think we’re going to have to play our best team in Rd 1 irrespective of giving Chanel Harris-Tavita a chance. If he’s the better option he plays, if not then tough luck Chanel Harris-Tavita.

I’m actually quite excited for Ash. He obviously has talent, he’ll be playing behind a big forward pack alongside a top half so won’t have to carry the team. No expectations with being the 1 million dollar man, I think he’ll be a big part of our run to a top 5 or 6 position to be honest
I can see Taylor partnering Shaun Johnson by midseason if he's dead serious about footy then it'll be earlier I just don't want us wasting games trying to develop players it's finals or bust this year

Reactions: dean

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
I can see Taylor partnering Shaun Johnson by midseason if he's dead serious about footy then it'll be earlier I just don't want us wasting games trying to develop players it's finals or bust this year
Also if the rumours are true and Metcalf is locked in to come here in 2023 then why bother continuing to make the development of Chanel Harris-Tavita a priority? Sure play him when we need to or his form justifies it, however there’s no way he’s guaranteed to run out round 1 next year.

Jaffa J

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 22, 2020
Also if the rumours are true and Metcalf is locked in to come here in 2023 then why bother continuing to make the development of Chanel Harris-Tavita a priority? Sure play him when we need to or his form justifies it, however there’s no way he’s guaranteed to run out round 1 next year.
He's still young and has potential but I think most of it is because he's a Kiwi so he'll be easier to retain

I don't see him being anymore than another Lolohea/Lino type that scorpion kick fooled everyone

Pricey

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 2, 2016
So many of these young guys look good in the lower grades and other other comps but the Defence is way below Nrl standards and its easy to get an inflated opinion. Also many people get worked out by opposing teams using video if they don't have some different strings to their bow in the second year.

Reactions: Jaffa J

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Assuming Taylor hits his targets and makes the 30 man squad then why wouldn’t he start? He’s a better player than Chanel Harris-Tavita.
If you take opinions out of it and look at it objectively, Ash Taylor is on a train and trial contract (they haven't trusted him with a top 30 spot straight away) while Chanel Harris-Tavita has been told he cannot leave this season unless we have a replacement. All the reports have said they want to see how Chanel Harris-Tavita meshes with Shaun Johnson to start the year, hence why they haven't offered any extension.

If you look at all that and think Taylor will be starting round 1, then I want what your smoking.

Of course form and injuries may change that as the season goes on.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
If you take opinions out of it and look at it objectively, Ash Taylor is on a train and trial contract (they haven't trusted him with a top 30 spot straight away) while Chanel Harris-Tavita has been told he cannot leave this season unless we have a replacement. All the reports have said they want to see how Chanel Harris-Tavita meshes with Shaun Johnson to start the year, hence why they haven't offered any extension.

If you look at all that and think Taylor will be starting round 1, then I want what your smoking.

Of course form and injuries may change that as the season goes on.
I guess it all comes down to how you view objectivity. I’ll go with who is the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings