Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Absolutely it does, because they are the better props. Don't think bunty or Evans can Churn out those same numbers and be effective in other areas?
I agree who are the better props, you are just using the wrong stats to prove. Tbh I hate all stats as most of the time they are misleading. Make Kodi look like he had a good attacking season and solid defence for example

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Think he still has value in super league and his ban to start the season wouldn’t have implications there. Just need one of the teams to buy him out of his contract.
I’m assuming that the Warriors would have to pay a portion of his salary

Reactions: Noitall

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
[/QUOTE]
It’s gonna be a tough sell but this is where brown’s support after the titans game and comments about his leadership off the field can help.
George’s dribble not so much.
When a club is trying to get rid of a player your sales pitch loses credibility. Brown pitching Evans as good for culture is kinda like the used car sales person who told me "i would sell this car to my mother".

I just hope Kane likes the north of England

Reactions: dean

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
There was an article a while back stating that Murchie and Katoa had been spending plenty of time training in the middle

Katoa I get, Murchie I don't really see that working longterm.

Funny that we let Papali'i go because we were developing Katoa and Murchie ahead of him in the second row.

One year later Papa has had a great season and we're moving them both to the middle.

Big_Fattz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 7, 2017

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
There was an article a while back stating that Murchie and Katoa had been spending plenty of time training in the middle
That’s obvious. Might be the reason they fell off a cliff this year. We were all talking them up last year to be our long term second rowers, now they can hardly make the team.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Evans being shopped
EVANS SHOPPED TO ENGLAND
Bad boy Warriors forward Kane Evans has been shopped to the Super League after an ill-fated one-season stint with the Kiwi outfit.
Yorkshire Live reports that the 29-year-old has been offered to English clubs by the Warriors hierarchy after a controversial debut year at the club.

Kane Evans in action for the Warriors

Kane Evans in action for the WarriorsSource: Getty Images

The Fijian international was sanctioned by the NRL after he wrote “fold some c***” on his strapping, which drew the ire of club CEO Cameron George.
At the time George said: “He shouldn’t have done it. We don’t accept that, we don’t condone it, or think it’s appropriate
Later in the season Evans was involved in a vicious fight against the Gold Coast Titans in the Warriors’ final game of 2021.

He was slapped with a five-game ban.
Care of fox sport.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
EVANS SHOPPED TO ENGLAND
Bad boy Warriors forward Kane Evans has been shopped to the Super League after an ill-fated one-season stint with the Kiwi outfit.
Yorkshire Live reports that the 29-year-old has been offered to English clubs by the Warriors hierarchy after a controversial debut year at the club.

The Fijian international was sanctioned by the NRL after he wrote “fold some c***” on his strapping, which drew the ire of club CEO Cameron George.
At the time George said: “He shouldn’t have done it. We don’t accept that, we don’t condone it, or think it’s appropriate
Later in the season Evans was involved in a vicious fight against the Gold Coast Titans in the Warriors’ final game of 2021.

Care of fox sport.
Thank God! What a waste of space.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
EVANS SHOPPED TO ENGLAND

Care of fox sport.
Vicious?

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
EVANS SHOPPED TO ENGLAND

Care of fox sport.
No idea why he wasn't sacked after the wrist tape drama but hopefully we've forced his hand by saying we're not offering you anything for 2023 and we are not going to play you a single game in 2022 (we will literally play the Kepu twins ahead of you). Then he's forced to take whatever money is on offer in England rather than rot his value away in reserve grade and then get even less money in England for 2023.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content.

ANY offtopic chatter will be DELETED. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.
Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings