Recruitment 2021 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
I hope we keep Chanel Harris-Tavita. But if he's demanding a contract extension and upgrade with over a year left on his contract.. He simply hasn't earnt that right. I think he has growth to come for sure, but he has a long what to go and a lot to prove to ask for a bigger contract right now.

I don't think he will be at the Raiders next year, him and Wighton are a weird combo, with not much kicking or organization.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I disagree - he was injured a lot more and came back to try and prove himself and got injured again and again.

Kodi goes missing in games, he tried.

He could tackle better than Kodi as well.

He made not have Kodi's experience but he needs to get there. I was expecting a lot more from Kodi, but he failed in that regards.
It’s hard to disagree with stats tho. Kodi more tries and 5x more try assists in 4 more games at half.

that’s what I’m saying, a disinterested Kodi was still that much better than Chanel Harris-Tavita. Kinda crazy when you think about it

Greenlite

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 11, 2021
OMG those Bunnies tries are entertaining, running backwards to score :D Should recruit Bennet as a consultant

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 1, 2015
Im still here waiting on that forward the warriors signed according to gus. Im thinking its a prop forward, not a backrower because we have so much depth there. Prop is abit thin as we have not yet signed tom ale and jackson frei. Brown looks to be done with Jamayne Tounua-Brown in my opinion. Leeson Ah-Mau wont be resigned so hes being replaced by aaron pene in 2022.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I am no longer going to talk about Chanel Harris-Tavita in a negative way as I guess I am becoming boring. But honestly the Raiders wanted Chanel Harris-Tavita and the Warriors refused. I do not see the Warriors logic. They had a way to get Chanel Harris-Tavita off the Warriors books and never took it??????
That would leave us with only two halves currently - Shaun Johnson and Kodi - someone who most of us don’t want anywhere near the halves nek year.

The off-season is a long time, I won’t be surprised to see lots of wheeling and dealing done but we need to make sure we’re sorted first before offloading anyone

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
tajhay tajhay
Should we be discussing in a 2022 recruitment thread ? Just a thought ???

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I would love nothing more then for Chanel Harris-Tavita to be ruthless and go after the extension at the club next year and not take going to November 1 as a personal dis from the club.

Hey if he comes back and played out of skin then he will get what he deserves, would love to see him be a 1 club man as there are hardly any of those around anymore, and what would does it say to players coming through this club?

Yes he has to perform but we as Warriors fans should be willing him on to make it here for our club. We are still.... believe it or not are still trying to find the identity of this club.

Last edited:

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Hooker is the problem area tat needs to be addressed that there seems to be silence about. Does anyone know how much confidence they have in Otukolo coming good next year?

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I would love nothing more then for Chanel Harris-Tavita to be ruthless and go after the extension at the club next year and not take going to November 1 as a personal dis from the club.

Hey if he comes back and played out of skin then he will get what he deserves, would love to see him he a 1 club man as there are hardly any of those around anymore, and what would does it say to players coming through this club?

Yes he has to perform but we as Warriors fans should be willing him on to make it here for our club. We are still.... believe it or not are still trying to find the identity of this club.

Agree with this. It is a positive thing the club is giving Chanel Harris-Tavita. If he does perform, which is the expectation anyway, he can maximise his contract with the club rather than possibly selling himself short by signing now. Also the club gets a chance to assess where they stand. It is a reasonable outcome for all. Unless injury strikes again.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Hooker is the problem area tat needs to be addressed that there seems to be silence about. Does anyone know how much confidence they have in Otukolo coming good next year?
He passes nicely directly from the ground so doesn't take that time consuming step or wind up like a lot of others. Reminds me a bit of Aaron Smith in that regard.

Haven't seen a lot of him to check his D or running game. Seems to have a few wraps on him though.

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Reactions: Toookey and TheCool

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
We are looking at signing a right wing? playdaball playdaball - why do we need another wing?
Rugby league was always dominated by left wingers, so about time they tried to balance it up a little.

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
He’s a running 5/8
jBgSZhHHKq-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28