General 2021 Warriors Preseason

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Ha, different opinion from here. I love Friday and Saturday night games so hoping for lots. Dislike Thursday for sure. Sunday ... meh, if we must.

ANZAC at home would be nice. No byes during origin would also be nice. Home game at Mt Smart to start would be a great start, but realistically, I'd rather get all away games out of the way in the first half, and hence spend the second half of the season entirely at home.

Magic round MUST be one of our away games.

Anything outside of Auckland should be one of our away games too.

Whatever happened to the 'all games in NZ for Warriors in 2021' was that just a dream of mine?
Magic round against Parra counts as a home game unfortunately, also Anzac Day game once again in Melbourne.
I’d like to know how they decide the “home team” for magic weekend- we seem to get stuck with it every year

• Angry
Reactions: Old Sid

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Brisbane
Magic round against Parra counts as a home game unfortunately, also Anzac Day game once again in Melbourne.
I’d like to know how they decide the “home team” for magic weekend- we seem to get stuck with it every year
The home team gets a bundle of cash for taking a home game to the Magic Round. While we’re getting extra coin, don’t expect it to change

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Whaat, how is that a good draw bro? Might as well play the chooks twice too just for a challenge, how good do you think we're going to be?

Pretty good, if, as I said on some other post, the theories pan out (great forward pack, Addin Fonua-Blake, etc etc). The Raiders are my Bit On The Side And If They're Good Maybe Lots Of Bits On The Side NRL team (ie I was a Raiders fan before 1995) and I just like playing the GF teams twice.

What better way to get match hardened for The Grand Final Journey? What better way for the TAB to merrily take my money which I offer them and say "Ha! Idiot!"?

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Whatever happened to the 'all games in NZ for Warriors in 2021' was that just a dream of mine?

It was mooted (someone in the NRL must love Pukuna TV, the drums or both), but I don't think it was ever financially logical for the NRL to lump that on the Aussie 15.

And Nik Brown's voice might have given out had he been given that much work to do.

And can you imagine if the Warriors played every game at home, made the finals, made the Grand FInal and won it? The whining from other teams fans would last all off-season.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Also not feasible as visiting Australian teams would have to quarantine.

If the Trans-Tasman Bubble isn't in action by January, that's a fair point. But then you'd expect the NRL would give the Warriors 2 pts automatically and say the Aussies had defaulted by not turning to MSS. :)

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Id rather we smash them on there own turff an mount smart almost had a choke factor feel about it. Seems like we played better in oz on the dry track an im not just talking bout the last season. Hopefully we can keep the siege mentality going
Like the house of pain, other teams come into our house it's gonna hurt if you want the win.
That's what I want.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
If the nrl are genuinely wanting to give us home games then why aren't they bringing over 3 other nrl teams for a mini round Robin within the season standings at the start of the year?

The nrl could bring manly, Bulldogs, and tigers here for the first three weeks so the warriors don't move, and have the other games in welly and Dunedin then all move back to Australia.

And! Why must the warriors go to Australia for trials!!!! Bring the roosters and broncos here for a couple of trials? Those clubs seem to get it all their way 🤷🏼‍♂️

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
If the nrl are genuinely wanting to give us home games then why aren't they bringing over 3 other nrl teams for a mini round Robin within the season standings at the start of the year?

The nrl could bring manly, Bulldogs, and tigers here for the first three weeks so the warriors don't move, and have the other games in welly and Dunedin then all move back to Australia.

And! Why must the warriors go to Australia for trials!!!! Bring the roosters and broncos here for a couple of trials? Those clubs seem to get it all their way 🤷🏼‍♂️
We're in an Aussie comp, they don't want to fuck around with 2 week quarantines if there's no bubble I guess, it's just not practical.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

It is a good idea in theory. At least someone is thinking about the covid reality. Lots of posts in this thread about home games are crazy.

Cost is the killer. They have to pay full price for quarantine, and that aside, logistics would be a nightmare. The Govt would not, and should not free up that many beds....

They could get a special arrangement to hire out an entire facility themselves but that again would be a nightmare to organise and still cost a lot.

There will be no games in NZ till well into the NRL season period.

Not unless you start seeing Australia dominate the outbreaks like New Zealand can.

Lets hope there is a bubble later in the year....but do not get our hopes up.

I can imagine our Govt getting cold feet on a bubble with a country that has cases while a Vaccine for us is very close and our exit strategy while complicated is a thing.

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings