Internationals 2021 Rugby League World Cup

J_P

We all know if the Cowboys make the GF they give him a grade 1 and $$ fine so he is free to play.

But instead.. the NRL get an easy way out.

It always grinds my gears that the Aussie based NRL match review committee/judiciary who are as incompetent as fuck, gets to determine who can and can’t play for their country in an international competition.
Nrl match bans should have nothing to do with representative appearances.

Sugar Ray

Sugar Ray

I see Ligi Sao has been called up for Samoa to replace Luciano Leilua. Doesn't really make any sense. They need a edge forward, not another middle forward.

Maybe they're just cheap and don't want to fly someone from Australia over. Faitala-Mariner might've been a better option.

I hope Izack Tago is seen as back-up 2nd rower if one of Tuilagi or Su'a gets injured.

Five&Last

Five&Last

1. Manu
2. Mulitalo
3. Niukore
4. Hiku
5. Rapana
6. Brown
7. Hughes
8. NAS
9. Smith
10. JFH
11. Papalii
12. Nikora
13. Tapine

14. Foran
15. Leota
16. JWH
17. K Bromwhich

How I would select

Reactions: Warriorsitsouryear
Big_Fattz

Big_Fattz

There is a live replay currently playing on the "sky sport next" youtube channel if anyone is interested. You can rewind it to the stsrt at any time

Noitall

Noitall

1. Manu
2. Mulitalo
3. Kris/Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
4. Hiku
5. Rapana
6. Brown
7. Hughes

8. Leota
9. Smith
10. JFH
11. Nikora (right edge)
12. Papali’i (left edge)
13. Tapine

14. Marshall-King
15. Asofa-Solomona
16. Waera-Hargreaves
17. Niukore

Ugh the bromwichs don’t cut it for me.
Niukore offers more then Kenny
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and Kris is a hard one they both played well against Leeds.
NAS and JWH are going to have to cut some of their dirty shit out of their game for this World Cup. The British refs wont have a bar of it.

Reactions: francis and Deano
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Mulitalo was a really useful player to get into the Kiwis, has to be one of the most devastating wingers the Kiwis have ever had.
Looked dangerous last night, nice little burst of speed to get round his man a couple of times

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

Fuggin love nikoras lines. It’s tough with him and papalii I mean pick and choose your poison. I would be tempted to keep Nikora there. Nothing wrong with competition for spots. Can only mean good things.

SBW1

England are finalists for sure, I think Australia's game against Tonga will be a grudge match, the Aussies will have revenge on their minds. New Zealand have a fairly easy pool with Jamaica, Lebanon, Ireland.and Fiji. Will probably play one of the island teams in the quarters with Aussie in the semis.

Sugar Ray

Sugar Ray

England are finalists for sure, I think Australia's game against Tonga will be a grudge match, the Aussies will have revenge on their minds. New Zealand have a fairly easy pool with Jamaica, Lebanon, Ireland.and Fiji. Will probably play one of the island teams in the quarters with Aussie in the semis.
If England are finalists, then Australia and Tonga won't face each other because they'd both need to make the final to face one another.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Good kiwis hitout, lot of handling errors and loose carries but hopefully we gel into a powerhouse unit, can't help thinking we look a bit fragile and the Aussies would have carved up but we'll improve. Halves looked a bit dodgy but Hughes was good, controlled it well when he came on. Mulitalo what a weapon.

Reactions: Motota and matiunz
Motota

Motota

Good kiwis hitout, lot of handling errors and loose carries but hopefully we gel into a powerhouse unit, can't help thinking we look a bit fragile and the Aussies would have carved up but we'll improve. Halves looked a bit dodgy but Hughes was good, controlled it well when he came on. Mulitalo what a weapon.
True wasn't much of a competition, could have been a bit complacent. We weren't at full strength either mind you, they werent our first choice halves, we get manu back in the side at either center or full back, JWH and the panthers forwards.
Our first 3 games are Lebanon, Jamaica and Ireland so you'd hope after those 3 games we'll have ironed out the kinks and be contending.

Wrighty

Wrighty

True wasn't much of a competition, could have been a bit complacent. We weren't at full strength either mind you, they werent our first choice halves, we get manu back in the side at either center or full back, JWH and the panthers forwards.
Our first 3 games are Lebanon, Jamaica and Ireland so you'd hope after those 3 games we'll have ironed out the kinks and be contending.
Don't want to peak too soon anyway.