Internationals 2021 Rugby League World Cup

Good squad- neame, Riki, timoko and tmm can count themselves a bit unlucky- looks like they’ve opted for experience.
Liu a little bit of a surprise- versatility and experience may have got him over the line.
Not worried about our edge forward stocks. I’d probably start nas there tbh.

1. Manu
2. Mulitalo
3. Niukore
4. Hiku
5. Rapana
6. Brown
7. Hughes
8. Leota
9. Smith
10. Bromwhich
11. Nas
12. Papalii
13. Tapine

14. Foran
15. Jfh
16. Jwh
17. K bromwhich

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Damp, narrow fields, neutral refs (who am I kidding) suits this kiwis team down to the ground if they can keep manu/brown/hughes/smith together throughout the campaign.

The only weakness would be if Australia put Latrell or someone explosive at center, Hiku and either Niukore or Kris in the other spot can be beaten 1:1.

Likely quarters:
Australia v Lebanon
Samoa v PNG
New Zealand v Fiji
Tonga v England

they’ll cheat the Tongans in the quarters, hometown calls for days and its not as much of a “world” cup if the final 4 is basically just Australian and New Zealand born players, who almost all were developed in australia)

Semi:
Australia v New Zealand
Samoa v England

Pick a final from there.

Samoa have underachieved internationally, but they should have their best ever team this time.

Good squad- neame, Riki, timoko and tmm can count themselves a bit unlucky- looks like they’ve opted for experience.
Liu a little bit of a surprise- versatility and experience may have got him over the line.

1. Manu
2. Mulitalo
3. Niukore
4. Hiku
5. Rapana
6. Brown
7. Hughes
8. Leota
9. Smith
10. Bromwhich
11. Nas
12. Papalii
13. Tapine

14. Foran
15. Jfh
16. Jwh
17. K bromwhich
Hard to choose a team, I feel like Nikora adds some agility and good defensive activity with some 1%er stuff we seem to have missing. I probably replace Foran with Nikora on the bench and get Kenny B to train as back up hooker to potentially spell B Smith. Any injuries in backs Nikora goes to centre & move from there.

1. Manu
2. Mulitalo
3. Niukore
4. Hiku
5. Rapana
6. Brown
7. Hughes
8. Leota
9. Smith
10. Bromwhich
11. Nas
12. Papalii
13. Tapine

14. Foran
15. Jfh
16. Jwh
17. K bromwhich
If I was a half or a centre of an opposing team, I would hate facing NAS out wide close to the line. Get the plays right with Manu sweeping around their too, a bit of a nightmare.

Not sure if I'm used to the 50 or so options the Warriors usually have, but this team seems light on backrowers..
. What's our backrow gunna look like?
JOSEPH MANU

RONALDO MULITALO
PETA HIKU
SEBASTIAN KRIS
JORDAN RAPANA

DYLAN BROWN
JAHROME HUGHES

Isaiah Papalii
JOSEPH TAPINE
BRITON NIKORA
JESSE BROMWICH
BRANDON SMITH
JAMES FISHER-HARRIS

JARED WAEREA-HARGREAVES
MOSES LEOTA
NELSON ASOFA-SOLOMONA
KEIRON FORAN

18TH Man -KENNEATH BROMWICH

That forward pack thrills me. JFH is a starter. He softens the opposition up nicely. Then JWH comes in with just as much fire and brimstone. NAS coming on will break them. (I'm salivating just typing this). Leota will keep the ship steady by putting a few hits in and a few good runs when he replaces Tapine. And I actually struggled between Foran and K Bromwich. Bromwich is reliable and touched out some big games with Kiwis, but I think Nikora offers more, and Cheese doesn't often play 80 minutes at hooker, so Foran gets the nod. Foran's form this year is the best I've seen in years, so his experience may gives us the edge when it's most needed.

Paps has become a complete player. He showed on Sunday he can weather the storm and cone out with good plays. Tapine picks himself. Kris is in because I think if Marata stays at centre, Lattrell and Co will run rings around him. Aussie will try to beat us with speed. We got too much muscle on them. So they're going to try to win with ultra fast PTBs. I prefer a fast, full time centre, not a stop-gap blocker. I don't think Niukore is going to get a lot of front-on tackle opportunities, so his solid build is going to be a hindrance. Kris is quickish and a try-scorer.

Of course if they play a different game I'm completely wrong. Maybe Niukore will be a brick wall and tame Lattrell.

Hard to choose a team, I feel like Nikora adds some agility and good defensive activity with some 1%er stuff we seem to have missing. I probably replace Foran with Nikora on the bench and get Kenny B to train as back up hooker to potentially spell B Smith. Any injuries in backs Nikora goes to centre & move from there.
I like Nikora's lines he runs bro. He often makes a break or scores from his angled runs. I don't think Kenny's grittiness offers a point of difference like Nikora's running will. I think possibly Foran replaces Cheese and Cheese spells Papalii or goes to bench himself.

JOSEPH MANU

RONALDO MULITALO
PETA HIKU
SEBASTIAN KRIS
JORDAN RAPANA

DYLAN BROWN
JAHROME HUGHES

Isaiah Papalii
JOSEPH TAPINE
BRITON NIKORA
JESSE BROMWICH
BRANDON SMITH
JAMES FISHER-HARRIS

JARED WAEREA-HARGREAVES
MOSES LEOTA
NELSON ASOFA-SOLOMONA
KEIRON FORAN

18TH Man -KENNEATH BROMWICH

That forward pack thrills me. JFH is a starter. He softens the opposition up nicely. Then JWH comes in with just as much fire and brimstone. NAS coming on will break them. (I'm salivating just typing this). Leota will keep the ship steady by putting a few hits in and a few good runs when he replaces Tapine. And I actually struggled between Foran and K Bromwich. Bromwich is reliable and touched out some big games with Kiwis, but I think Nikora offers more, and Cheese doesn't often play 80 minutes at hooker, so Foran gets the nod. Foran's form this year is the best I've seen in years, so his experience may gives us the edge when it's most needed.

Paps has become a complete player. He showed on Sunday he can weather the storm and cone out with good plays. Tapine picks himself. Kris is in because I think if Marata stays at centre, Lattrell and Co will run rings around him. Aussie will try to beat us with speed. We got too much muscle on them. So they're going to try to win with ultra fast PTBs. I prefer a fast, full time centre, not a stop-gap blocker. I don't think Niukore is going to get a lot of front-on tackle opportunities, so his solid build is going to be a hindrance. Kris is quickish and a try-scorer.

Of course if they play a different game I'm completely wrong. Maybe Niukore will be a brick wall and tame Lattrell.
I think against aussies you may need Niukore in centres to stiffen up defence. I’d replace Kris because he’s a bit green.

Does Taylan May serve his ban at the World Cup despite all the bluster about moving his suspension to next year so the fans don't suffer?

Just a thought on pets hiku. I remember he played fullback in the 2014-15 four nations was it? He was quite serviceable. I wonder if he would be another good fb option. He’s quite good with his tap ons and distribution. It allows manu to play at centre. Any thoughts?

Reactions: AlexM
Just a thought on pets hiku. I remember he played fullback in the 2014-15 four nations was it? He was quite serviceable. I wonder if he would be another good fb option. He’s quite good with his tap ons and distribution. It allows manu to play at centre. Any thoughts?
2 wins out of 3 games wearing the #1 against Australia. Not many, if any, can claim a similar record. It's a no from me though as Manu needs the ball as much as possible

I like Nikora's lines he runs bro. He often makes a break or scores from his angled runs. I don't think Kenny's grittiness offers a point of difference like Nikora's running will. I think possibly Foran replaces Cheese and Cheese spells Papalii or goes to bench himself.
Niukore is an old school footballer to me, runs good lines, hits really hard and seems to be made of granite.

He needs to be in the 17.

Last edited:

playdaball

Heritage Member
Goal kicker is Rapana ?
Hardly in the same class as Ridge, Halligan etc.
Let’s hope we don’t have to win a game with a conversion from the sideline.
Maybe there is a Jeremy Smith type player in the squad - a player who can kick that nobody knows about?