Votes: 46 51.7%
  • F---

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Let the conspiracy theories start. Not saying that Jazz didn`t deserve getting put on report, just that the collective team penalty wasn`t justified by the judicial ruling on the tackle. It cost the team 2 points I think. Matt Cecchin definitely has something against the Warriors.
The crackdown isn't just on high tackles, it's on all forms of foul play. Jazz hit a player ridiculously late in the back who had relaxed after passing, in which there was a whiplash reaction on the players neck.

It was a fair sin bin under the new crackdown rules.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
The crackdown isn't just on high tackles, it's on all forms of foul play. Jazz hit a player ridiculously late in the back who had relaxed after passing, in which there was a whiplash reaction on the players neck.

Agreed,
Will add that It was cynical and deliberately late. Most late tackles that are penalised are a miscalculation. Jazz knew it was going to be late and made a decision to do it on purpose as a deliberate cheap shot. It was cynical.

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
Wow, that one hurts.

Another one that got away. Have to say I thought Chanel Harris-Tavita was really bad today. It’s becoming more and more clear that he offers very little to this team. On two occasions he gave absolute hospital passes as he doesn’t read the game. He gets an idea in his head and he does it, regardless of the game situation. Rugby fans will automatically think of Steven Donald, had the same issue, just doesn’t respond to what is happening around him.
Offers very little on attack, we actually looked better when Sean O’Sullivan was in the team.

3 changes:
Sean O'Sullivan in for Chanel Harris-Tavita
Curran in for Tevaga (Murchie on bench)
Addin Fonua-Blake for Jamayne Tounua-Brown
I have one change from your changes. Gonzo from the muppets in for Chanel Harris-Tavita - He would have kicked that field goal and he is a muppet

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Getting pretty exhausting reading everyone have a go at individuals (myself included) we all have a favourite to hate, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Kodi, Egan, Jamayne Tounua-Brown etc.
Moving on from that I would like to know why Walsh isn't involved in putting bombs up? He clearly has a special talent for this as we have seen. Is Brownie just trying not to add too much pressure on him?

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Getting pretty exhausting reading everyone have a go at individuals (myself included) we all have a favourite to hate, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Kodi, Egan, Jamayne Tounua-Brown etc.
Moving on from that I would like to know why Walsh isn't involved in putting bombs up? He clearly has a special talent for this as we have seen. Is Brownie just trying not to add too much pressure on him?
I dunno - for me, I felt we were giving Walsh the ball on the last quite a lot on the weekend. It felt like we were saying “here, work hour magic”, which unfortunately isn’t going to work all the time. I think we need more structure around this, or it’s going to get easier for teams to defend. It worked in our favour two weeks ago when Walsh was on the short side and we passed it to Kodi, who kicked for Egan and scored.

So in essence, don’t pass it to Walsh all the time, but pretend we’re going to? I don’t really know what I’m trying to say at this point

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
But in practice a nrl half would most likely go 10 for 10 from right in front, but come game time its a different result. The best maybe will go 8 or 9 from 10 in a real game. Thats what i was eluding to with the nba reference, its not as straight foward as that.
Adam reynolds, dce, Cleary are all guys i would expect to make that kick. Expect. Not guarantee to make that kick. You cant guarantee even the best would make that but you would expect them to.

Surely in your time you have seen easy kicks missed, even easy conversions and penalties missed, i know i have. It happens. I cant find any videos or stats of missed fgs so i am only going off my head, thats why i asked you to point to a half who is 10 from 10 for easy kicks.

I watch alot of different sports, basketball rugby nfl soccer and have seen even the best of the best miss easy shots, drop easy passes, miss easy goals, it happens. Not robots out there.
I think you will find most if not all halves today will be able to kick that exact kick 10 times out of 10 in a game situation. Keep in mind he had zero kick chase pressure.

It just highlighted Chanel's lack of skill kicking the ball more than anything. Whenever he kicks, it never looks like he connects at all.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
I dunno - for me, I felt we were giving Walsh the ball on the last quite a lot on the weekend. It felt like we were saying “here, work hour magic”, which unfortunately isn’t going to work all the time. I think we need more structure around this, or it’s going to get easier for teams to defend. It worked in our favour two weeks ago when Walsh was on the short side and we passed it to Kodi, who kicked for Egan and scored.

So in essence, don’t pass it to Walsh all the time, but pretend we’re going to? I don’t really know what I’m trying to say at this point
Didn't mean 5th tackle options, just when we are like 40ish out and a high bomb is your best option

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga

I agree it was deliberate and deserved a penalty but we need consistency if we are cracking down.

Players got suspended for elbows or crushers but not sent off but Jazz is sent off but not suspended. The crusher and elbow were judged as worse but not send offs? Who knows what a call will be on the day? It’s just illogical and inconsistent.

I saw one of there players leading with their knees to take a bomb, several high shots only penalised, etc. Its seems to be random Warriors who get sent off.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
It was just flat out stupid to do it. Harsh or not, it just shouldn't happen.

The team can't afford that sort of dumb.
Exactly right. It doesn’t matter whether the ref fucked us over with that sin binning.

Jazz was dumb enough to put the team in that position, especially with the crackdown on foul play.

It wasn’t even a split second decision that turned out wrong.

He waited until 5 minutes after that guy had passed the ball and fucking smashed him right in front of the ref.

I’m sorry but the guy is too dumb to contribute to winning games. Move on from him and give someone else an opportunity like Ale.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
The missed FG set was a failure on so many levels, not just the miss from Chanel Harris-Tavita. I've never understood why a team waits until the last tackle.
This is it entirely. They had a scrum feed right in front of the posts with 2 minutes left. Just slot the FG straight off the scrum. No kick chase pressure from markers (not that Chanel Harris-Tavita had any regardless).

You get the ball back from the kick off anyway so running down the clock should not come into it. Its not like they're trying to score a try in the first four tackles anyway, they're just setting up for the fifth tackle FG attempt. Bizarre thought process.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
This is it entirely. They had a scrum feed right in front of the posts with 2 minutes left. Just slot the FG straight off the scrum. No kick chase pressure from markers (not that Chanel Harris-Tavita had any regardless).

You get the ball back from the kick off anyway so running down the clock should not come into it. Its not like they're trying to score a try in the first four tackles anyway, they're just setting up for the fifth tackle FG attempt. Bizarre thought process.

Either you take it straight from the scrum like you said or you provide a short ball to a straight runner from the scrum. There's no way the opposition are getting back onside in time to put pressure on the kicker and your own forwards can "linger" a little from the scrum to make charging down virtually impossible.

I can handle misses when there's a clear plan. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way, but at least have a plan and purpose.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Either you take it straight from the scrum like you said or you provide a short ball to a straight runner from the scrum. There's no way the opposition are getting back onside in time to put pressure on the kicker and your own forwards can "linger" a little from the scrum to make charging down virtually impossible.

I can handle misses when there's a clear plan. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way, but at least have a plan and purpose.
He still had a great opportunity and just shanked it. I couldn't believe he missed it either

kavafred

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2013
I think you will find most if not all halves today will be able to kick that exact kick 10 times out of 10 in a game situation. Keep in mind he had zero kick chase pressure.

It just highlighted Chanel's lack of skill kicking the ball more than anything. Whenever he kicks, it never looks like he connects at all.
Have you seen how many times Moses, Brooks, Shaun Johnson, Keary, Norman, Hunt etc have missed point blank droppies? If you havent then you dont watch a lot of footy games. 10 out of 10 you are kidding right? Have you seen "legends" doing that pass through the hole drill? They miss almost every time!! It is not as easy as you maybe think it is.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Have you seen how many times Moses, Brooks, Shaun Johnson, Keary, Norman, Hunt etc have missed point blank droppies? If you havent then you dont watch a lot of footy games. 10 out of 10 you are kidding right? Have you seen "legends" doing that pass through the hole drill? They miss almost every time!! It is not as easy as you maybe think it is.
You’re confusing where most players take drop kicks from to win the game with where Chanel took his. He was 20m out, have a day off mate. Most players also have the opposition charging at them.

You’re not seriously comparing passing a ball into a tiny hole to hitting a dead in front drop goal..

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
You’re confusing where most players take drop kicks from to win the game with where Chanel took his. He was 20m out, have a day off mate. Most players also have the opposition charging at them.

You’re not seriously comparing passing a ball into a tiny hole to hitting a dead in front drop goal..
Eh , I rate Chanel Harris-Tavita he's like 30 games deep not even. Guys a good player.

sydneywarrior92

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 12, 2013
I think we should all take a deep breath. Yes this is a game we let slip but it is far from season over as some people have been posting. We are still right in the finals hunt with the results going as they did this week. It's a long season and opportunities will arise for us to regain our place in the 8 (we are currently tied 8th on P/D). Especially after the storm game, it looks like we have a rather generous draw and the cows have a rather tough one. If we've learnt anything this year, form is ephemeral: Dragons were flying and now are dying for example.

There were enough positive signs from this game to suggest we will continue to be in the hunt for the 8 this year. We clearly no longer have a problem scoring points anymore with Walsh in the mix so once we fix this edge defence, we clearly have a competitive top 8 side. Bad edge defence leading to an against the run of play try in the final minutes cost us against the Knights and again this week. Maybe these sort of lapses are to be expected with such a young edge but still we need to improve in this regard. Hopefully the break gives us time to assess this.

DallyM

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2016
That was Kodi, I believe. Not Chanel Harris-Tavita.
How long has Kodi been playing first grade? no game awareness or management whatsoever.... So he decides to kick a bomb ingoal with 6mins left on the clock and gifts the Cows a 7 tackle restart which they take at speed and eventually score of that set... fark he's dumb

Last edited:

nakiproud

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 29, 2016
It's tough eh!! What ir does say tho is we love our club.... Very passionate warriors supporters! And we all want the same thing.. Warriors to win. I think some of the advice on here is good.. Stay away from the forum for 24 hrs or so after a loss... Don't know about you but I was pretty bummed out after Fridays loss. And man I don't have anything against Chanel Harris-Tavita.. I just want us to win

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
A typical performance from us this season. Good in some parts, poor in others. We need to be better on the defensive side and more clinical then we have been with the ball with the lead in the last 10 minutes in the last two games.

Addin Fonua-Blake is the difference between us having a good pack and a mediocre one. If he’s made a good recovery I think we’ll make the 8, if he struggles so will we.

Reactions: Sup42

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings