• C

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • F---

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters

Uk Warriors fan

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2017
For some reason, I watched the last 20 minutes of that game to see what happened & what went wrong. Kodi’s cross field kick that gave them a 7 tackle set was a killer. 7 minutes to go, your 6 up, either grubber for the repeat or die on the ball & get the to work it out the hard way. The Chanel Harris-Tavita floating kick 5 minutes to go, hit the thing up high & give our runners a chance to chace it down, it was such a shit kick it pretty much set up there left hand side break to score a try.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Look on youtube, workout videos of nba pros hitting 100 3 point shots in a row, come game time and they miss the game winning shot, wide open.

Even the very best miss, how about you show me a nrl half who has hit every kick from right in front when the game is in the balance?
I’m not taking about practise am I. A professional halves player in the NRL needs to be able to hit a 20 metre drop kick right in front with no one chasing (in a game situation) ten times out of ten. No excuses.

Your joking right? How about you show me a player that has missed in that situation. That would be much easier to find because the handful of them would be plastered all over the internet.

Reactions: BeastMode and bruce

Stalefish540

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
I wish people would stop defending that drop goal attempt. Seen heaps of "sometimes you make them/sometimes you don't, heaps of players miss drop goals etc etc".

It was deadset in front with no one chasing. A professional halves player needs to be able to hit that 10 times out of 10. It was not the main reason we lost the game, but Chanel Harris-Tavita should be criticised for not making that.

Some of the Chanel Harris-Tavita hate is abit overboard. I think he has a long term place in this squad. But it is becoming clearer as the season goes on that he may not be answer as a starting halves player.

Despite what people will say, he still very good at taking the ball to the line and opening up space. But his lack of speed just stops any attacking opportunites. And his kicking game is not improving quick enough.
The kicking game is my main gripe, and i'm not sure loft is something that can be improved? But then again I wouldn't know, would assume either you can punt the life out of it like Walsh or you can't.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
The kicking game is my main gripe, and i'm not sure loft is something that can be improved? But then again I wouldn't know, would assume either you can punt the life out of it like Walsh or you can't.
I have said on here before why not while in OZ get a ex AFL player /coach to give our guys some kicking lessons.Plenty of those guys around & while I understand the balls are a slightly different shape the basics are the same. AFL players are far better kickers both distance/height & accuracy.Worth a shot

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
I’m not taking about practise am I. A professional halves player in the NRL needs to be able to hit a 20 metre drop kick right in front with no one chasing (in a game situation) ten times out of ten. No excuses.

Your joking right? How about you show me a player that has missed in that situation. That would be much easier to find because the handful of them would be plastered all over the internet.
Can recall in the rabbits game against the tigers, Reynolds missing a handy penalty and 1 or 2 dropped goal attempts. Burgess try won them the game in golden point. Nikorima had a missathon with Milford against the broncos than had to be settled a draw a year or two back, couldn’t ice it against manly earlier in the year. Sure Chanel Harris-Tavita should have got it, he has the last successful attempt by us against titans in round 1 but it happens. What annoyed me more than the field goal was Nikorima dropping the ball without a defender on him with our backs against the wall, and not for the first time this season. It’s tough because Nikorima is in the top 6 for points at the moment, just not consistent like Shaun Johnson.

Reactions: WellingtonOrca

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020

But in practice a nrl half would most likely go 10 for 10 from right in front, but come game time its a different result. The best maybe will go 8 or 9 from 10 in a real game. Thats what i was eluding to with the nba reference, its not as straight foward as that.
Adam reynolds, dce, Cleary are all guys i would expect to make that kick. Expect. Not guarantee to make that kick. You cant guarantee even the best would make that but you would expect them to.

Surely in your time you have seen easy kicks missed, even easy conversions and penalties missed, i know i have. It happens. I cant find any videos or stats of missed fgs so i am only going off my head, thats why i asked you to point to a half who is 10 from 10 for easy kicks.

I watch alot of different sports, basketball rugby nfl soccer and have seen even the best of the best miss easy shots, drop easy passes, miss easy goals, it happens. Not robots out there.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Can recall in the rabbits game against the tigers, Reynolds missing a handy penalty and 1 or 2 dropped goal attempts. Burgess try won them the game in golden point. Nikorima had a missathon with Milford against the broncos than had to be settled a draw a year or two back, couldn’t ice it against manly earlier in the year. Sure Chanel Harris-Tavita should have got it, he has the last successful attempt by us against titans in round 1 but it happens. What annoyed me more than the field goal was Nikorima dropping the ball without a defender on him with our backs against the wall, and not for the first time this season. It’s tough because Nikorima is in the top 6 for points at the moment, just not consistent like Shaun Johnson.
Just to clarify Reynolds hit a two point field goal in that game but missed a penalty and 1 point dropped goal to go to golden point. I think the problem with CHTs was waiting until the last tackle, you leave no doubt in the opposition that’s what’s coming as it’s your last resort.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
The missed FG set was a failure on so many levels, not just the miss from Chanel Harris-Tavita. I've never understood why a team waits until the last tackle.

Egan, Kodi, Chanel Harris-Tavita, they all have a responsibility regardless of who takes the kick to make a smart decision in the moment. It felt like we were just playing out the set and then waiting to see who got the short straw on the last.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
The missed FG set was a failure on so many levels, not just the miss from Chanel Harris-Tavita. I've never understood why a team waits until the last tackle.

Egan, Kodi, Chanel Harris-Tavita, they all have a responsibility regardless of who takes the kick to make a smart decision in the moment. It felt like we were just playing out the set and then waiting to see who got the short straw on the last.
Yes they wait for the last in that scenario in the hope someone scores and they don't have to kick it.

Of course one out middle third hit ups to stay aligned are never gonna score trys...

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Yes they wait for the last in that scenario in the hope someone scores and they don't have to kick it.

Of course one out middle third hit ups to stay aligned are never gonna score trys...

Every person on and off the field knew a fg was coming. Why use 5 tackles just to give your kicker extra time to get anxious or nervous?

If a player misses then a player misses but I can accept a player missing when there's a clear and strategic set up. Not that.

If Chanel Harris-Tavita makes that kick it bails us out of a horrible set rather than any great management or strategic play.

I find the lead up significantly more frustrating than the miss.

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
Tackling lte without going high is not a sin bin offence, just a penalty.

This is the problem in league, too many people including referees ‘thinking’ or ‘feeling’ like it was ok - but it’s not.

These aspects are simply not discretionary, just stick to policing rules that actually exist.
For me a forceful late shot in the back of a player totally unaware of what is coming is a sin bin.
Thats what the sin bin is for. Foul play and professional fouls.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Pretty sad that Jazz only got fined for his late hit, yet the on-field decision swung the momentum of the game so much. The late tackle was a stupid play but didn`t deserve a sin-binning.
Since the magic round rule changes:

Sent off: we’ve had 3; our opposition 0
On report: we’ve had 8 our opponents 3
Penalties against: us 15, our opposition 5

Clearly everyone else is adapting to the rules and we’re not... or our opponents are playing near perfect footy and we’re getting hammered by the refs...

So on further analysis, I’ve always found errors are somewhat linked to penalties - if you are fatigued or off form, they both go up or if your on form, you have little of either.

So Warriors errors 33 errors our opponents 36... similar, yet the penalties are not... hmmm

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga

Clearly everyone else is adapting to the rules and we’re not... or our opponents are playing near perfect footy and we’re getting hammered by the refs...

So on further analysis, I’ve always found errors are somewhat linked to penalties - if you are fatigued or off form, they both go up or if your on form, you have little of either.

So Warriors errors 33 errors our opponents 36... similar, yet the penalties are not... hmmm
For context, Jazz has had more send offs, been put on report and committed penalties, than the opposition teams combined the past 3 weeks 😖

Last edited:

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Jazz's upside isn't enough to negate his downside.

When you have a player who is capable of changing a game he better be able to do it in your favour as well as against you.

He's heading towards BJ Leilua territory minus the upside.

KiwiinJapan

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 3, 2016

Let the conspiracy theories start. Not saying that Jazz didn`t deserve getting put on report, just that the collective team penalty wasn`t justified by the judicial ruling on the tackle. It cost the team 2 points I think. Matt Cecchin definitely has something against the Warriors.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Let the conspiracy theories start. Not saying that Jazz didn`t deserve getting put on report, just that the collective team penalty wasn`t justified by the judicial ruling on the tackle. It cost the team 2 points I think. Matt Cecchin definitely has something against the Warriors.
Why would Jazz do something fuckin stupid like that. Only going to be a bad outcome and letting his mates and fans etc

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings