• C

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • F---

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters
Wrighty

Wrighty

Glass is half full post

1) We did very well to beat West Tigers last week who are in form so at least we havn't lost two on the bounce.
2) Our record is 5 wins and 7 losses essentially without Addin Fonua-Blake who is our best player. That is not not a terrible effort in keeping the lights on until the cavalry returns.

Would have been so match better if we had anyone in the team who could kick a drop goal but we don't and havn't had anyone since Shaun Johnson left. We used to lose these drop kick shoot outs last two years as a foregone conclusion too and miss sitters. These types of losses aren't new.

As soon as it got to 28 - 28 we all knew we had lost which is why the players left it to the 6th tackle in our final set to drop goal or kick from the scrum as in the first instance we were better off trying to score a try. So at least we had the self awareness that we were rubbish at drop goals and hence tried to score tries down the stretch. Our self awareness didn't pay off for us but it was the right call not to try drop kicks at earlier junctures. We would have missed them anyway.

Reactions: 1 users
Warrior482

Warrior482

Cronk played 375 games and like someone earlier mentioned he played the majority of his first 30 games off the bench so to expect Chanel Harris-Tavita to be an elite playmaker already is so unrealistic. His kicking game isnt great but his passing and defence is good and and getting better. Players with all three dont come around every year, yet that seems to be the expectation of Chanel.

Look at this way. Would people honestly prefer we wipe the slat clean and start all again with a different inexperienced half. Were not going to sign an elite half...let alone two. He needs to be paired with an experience half and currently that guy aint Kodi. It would be classic Warriors behaviour to throw it all away now and its what weve always done with our coaches.

I’ll be called a Chanel Harris-Tavita defender and thats fine but what are the alternatives?

Walsh debuting and being a superstar from the start is an absolutely rarity. It just doesnt happen and if it did every club would have 18 year old wonder kids knocking on Origin callups after 6 games. The expectation that all players need to be walking highlight reels is so unrealistic its borderline hilarious.

How long has it taken the Eels to see Moses bloom. How long has it taken Cody Walker to turn into who he is now. Look at the shit storm the Broncos are in from chopping and changing their halves every second game. Sam Walker is obvs the expectation but even he played like arse last week. Fitler is always talked up but he didnt start in the halves and was able to find his feet in centre years before taking on a game management role.

I get the frustration at Chanel Harris-Tavita not winning us that game (he should have) but again what are our realistic alternatives? Fark we gave Shaun Johnson almost 10 years and he couldnt do it. Yet 31 games for Chanel Harris-Tavita and the ‘choir’ has seen enough.

Excellent comment. I think we need to be realistic about what type of player he is. If we can get from him a solid half that can at least defend and has a bit of ticker for under 600k
would be fantastic given where our money will probably be going in future.

Not trying to defend his last performance but I can forgive a narrowly missed drop kick in a clutch situation from a 30 game half. It reflects more on our overall leadership that we didn't close out that game as we should've

Reactions: 6 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

The difference that elevates teams above others is being smart. That means they identify the best ways to win and then get themselves into that position and execute. Chanel Harris-Tavita missed, shit happens.

The other thing good teams do is not make avoidable mistakes, such as Jazz did. Also repeated mistakes like Wingers not keeping width.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is the Captain, but there needs to be someone badgering the forwards in the Halves ruling that area, if he decides they are going to go for a FG, then that tackle set is used to position the kicker to take it. Personally I do not care who is given that role, just so the focus comes on one player.

There is a lot to like about this team, but they are not a smart team and don't seem to learn quickly. There is a lot of inexperience there but they have developed a lot so far., who hasn't been surprised by the performances of Montoya, Pompey, Berry, SO'S and Curren so far.

Reactions: 10 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Glass is half full post

1) We did very well to beat West Tigers last week who are in form so at least we havn't lost two on the bounce.
2) Our record is 5 wins and 7 losses essentially without Addin Fonua-Blake who is our best player. That is not not a terrible effort in keeping the lights on until the cavalry returns.

Would have been so match better if we had anyone in the team who could kick a drop goal but we don't and havn't had anyone since Shaun Johnson left. We used to lose these drop kick shoot outs last two years as a foregone conclusion too and miss sitters. These types of losses aren't new.

As soon as it got to 28 - 28 we all knew we had lost which is why the players left it to the 6th tackle in our final set to drop goal or kick from the scrum as in the first instance we were better off trying to score a try. So at least we had the self awareness that we were rubbish at drop goals and hence tried to score tries down the stretch. Our self awareness didn't pay off for us but it was the right call not to try drop kicks at earlier junctures. We would have missed them anyway.
Dunno Wrighty.

When It got 28-28 I was screaming where's the saviour, Great Reece Almighty. He would have banged over a DG from the Cows side of halfway, then up steps Chanel Harris-Tavita.

The kid oozes confidence and until he gets that knocked out of him (hopefully never) give him the ball in clutch.

Reactions: 3 users

enterthewarrior

Please no more defending Chanel Harris-Tavita. He just doesnt have what it takes to be a good halfback in league. Oh but hes still young, still leaning the game blah blah bullshit. Hes had his opportunities. Look at what Nathan Cleary has achieved in the game so far. One of the best halfbacks in the game. As for Jazz Tevaga, well he can just FUCK right off. Dont need him in the team.

Ben Murdoch-Masila changed the momentum of the game when he came on. The best impact player going around at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
john nick

john nick

Please no more defending Chanel Harris-Tavita. He just doesnt have what it takes to be a good halfback in league. Oh but hes still young, still leaning the game blah blah bullshit. Hes had his opportunities. Look at what Nathan Cleary has achieved in the game so far. One of the best halfbacks in the game. As for Jazz Tevaga, well he can just FUCK right off. Dont need him in the team.

Ben Murdoch-Masila changed the momentum of the game when he came on. The best impact player going around at the moment.
Agree with you about Jazz. That was absolutely fuckin stupid 🙄Let the starting props be Addin Fonua-Blake and Ben Murdoch-Masila. They will feed off each other Hopefully

gpred

gpred

Contributor
Couldn’t watch the game last night, but managed to avoid the result and just finished watching the game now.

Some thought’s without the usual bias of having watched the game live.

Positives,

• Reece Walsh. I can forgive the little mistakes, as they way he plays the game makes me feel like we are the Warriors again
  • Tohu Harris is a beast, we’d be screwed without him
  • A good comeback despite a terrible 1st half
  • Still enjoying the attack without prop wings
  • Aiken was a good signing
Negatives,

• Harris Tevita, whilst great on defense, offers nothing on attack, he just passed the instant he touched it time and time again. His kicking game is worse than awful. 7 mins to go and on last tackle instead of looking for a repeat seat, he gifts a seven-tackle set.
  • Really feel sorry for Eli Katoa, he was awful too. Trying too hard, and seems to have no understanding of what his role in the team is.
  • Can’t fault Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s effort, but he seems like Samson without out his locks. Crashing the ball hard won’t get you an All Blacks jersey, and I feel like if that was his dream he has left it a couple of years too late. I predict he will be shedding tears at an Auckland Blues conference in a years time and announcing his return to the NRL (Benji styles)
Both positive and negative,’

As usual, Jazz

Uk Warriors fan

Reece Walsh looking at a 1 to 2 week band but Drinkwater gets fuck all for the high shot on Aiken!!!! Where is the justice

• Haha

TheSultan

Argghh yes lets compare Chanel Harris-Tavita to a player many are already predicting will go down as one of the greatest halfbacks of all time 👍real solid one there! While were at it lets compare Adam Pompey to Greg Inglis and Bunty Afoa to Glen Lazarus. Its like saying...”I hate my car because its not a Ferrari”...doesnt solve anything.

Whats your realistic alternative to Chanel Harris-Tavita? Not dream shit but actual in this world possibility. Who you giving the keys to? Sean OSullivan?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Five&Last

Five&Last

I wish people would stop defending that drop goal attempt. Seen heaps of "sometimes you make them/sometimes you don't, heaps of players miss drop goals etc etc".

It was deadset in front with no one chasing. A professional halves player needs to be able to hit that 10 times out of 10. It was not the main reason we lost the game, but Chanel Harris-Tavita should be criticised for not making that.

Some of the Chanel Harris-Tavita hate is abit overboard. I think he has a long term place in this squad. But it is becoming clearer as the season goes on that he may not be answer as a starting halves player.

Despite what people will say, he still very good at taking the ball to the line and opening up space. But his lack of speed just stops any attacking opportunites. And his kicking game is not improving quick enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

Billy Teets James

What potential does he have?

I have not seen anything to indicate him being a first grade quality half, he cant pass, kick or run.

I just don't know how anyone of sane mind can’t see he is simply not up to scratch.
Put things in perspective mate. Someone posted that we are the 11th worst defensive team in the comp. 7th best offensive team in the comp.
So obviously we need better defensive players as our offense is ok? We're leaking tries. No problem scoring them.
Chanel Harris-Tavita is probably our best defender in the backs.
Obviously needs alot of work offensively.
He's 22 years old. You've probably said hes been around long enough and still useless. Your boy Kodi is 27 years old and been around alot longer. And still can't tackle. We rely on 2 young boys and Kodi in attack. A hooker who offers nothing much but his core hooker duties.
Props that don't gain metres.

Pointing your finger at one player won't solve shit. The whole team is a mess.

Reactions: 9 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Put things in perspective mate. Someone posted that we are the 11th worst defensive team in the comp. 7th best offensive team in the comp.
Stats don't lie. At NRL level one player not doing his job on defence affects the whole team.

Louim8

I wish people would stop defending that drop goal attempt. Seen heaps of "sometimes you make them/sometimes you don't, heaps of players miss drop goals etc etc".

It was deadset in front with no one chasing. A professional halves player needs to be able to hit that 10 times out of 10. It was not the main reason we lost the game, but Chanel Harris-Tavita should be criticised for not making that.

Some of the Chanel Harris-Tavita is abit overboard. I think he has a long term place in this squad. But it is becoming clearer as the season goes on that he may not be answer as a starting halves player.

Despite what people will say, he still very good at taking the ball to the line and opening up space. But his lack of speed just stops any attacking opportunites. And his kicking game is not improving quick enough.
Look on youtube, workout videos of nba pros hitting 100 3 point shots in a row, come game time and they miss the game winning shot, wide open.

Even the very best miss, how about you show me a nrl half who has hit every kick from right in front when the game is in the balance?

Panther

Stats don't lie. At NRL level one player not doing his job on defence affects the whole team.
The backs stats from Friday night in defense.

Attachments

• 1622283647703.png
    1622283647703.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 18
Wrighty

Wrighty

I was watching some old grand final from maybe 2007 I can't remember,
Was the tigers and the game exhibited your point about one player impacting the team.
The tigers had blake ayshford who that particular day was having a bad game, he kept back himself trying to make plays and taking the game upon himself instead of just playing a role and being a supporting player and letting the tigers stars lead, as a result he did maybe two or three turnovers while the rest of his team were playing the game of their lives and being flawless. Just from him alone the momentum shifted a few times,
One player not doing his job seems to make a massive difference, You are right.