General 2021 Playoffs Talk and Tipping Contest

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Hi Mods

Please merge this with a more official thread once it is started later this week.
I want to talk league and am excited about the playoffs even though the Warriors are not in it.

This week
Friday 9:50pm Storm (1) vs Sea Eagles (4)
Saturday 7:40pm Roosters (5) Titans (8)
Saturday 9:50pm Panthers (2) Souths (3)
Sunday 6.05pm Eels (6) Knights (7)

Should be awesome to watch.
My predictions
1) I think Sea Eagles will give Storm a red hot go. And that match is not a clear cut victory to the Storm. Tom Turbo is a super human. I am predicting an upset.
2) Roosters to destroy Titans by 30 points
3) Panthers to be assisted by the referees to beat Souths
4) Knights to rise and beat Eels who will be forever known as early season premiers and late season duds. Mitchell Pearce is a rugby league God. Kalyn Ponga needs to ask himself if not now then when will he rise up fulfill the man he was born to be. She is all on for young and old in that match. Knights in a boil over.

Discuss..your predictions...comments....scuttle butt...go...

Reactions: Worried2Death

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Got an Ozzie mate who compares Tommy Turbo to my friend Heyzeuss, reckons Manly are a good bet.

Eels to smash the Knights

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Got an Ozzie mate who compares Tommy Turbo to my friend Heyzeuss, reckons Manly are a good bet.

Eels to smash the Knights
Kalyn ponga is either a star or he is not. He will show up on Saturday or fizzle away and became a flake the rest of his career
Why the eels Bruce ?

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Kalyn ponga is either a star or he is not. He will show up on Saturday or fizzle away and became a flake the rest of his career
Why the eels Bruce ?
Cos the Knights don't deserve to be there. I will be pissed off it they win.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Yeah don’t see the knights beating the Eels, Eels although they slid a bit are around top 4, knights are in the same class as Titans in first week whipping boys
The knights have more game winners
1 Pearce
2 ponga
3 best

This is not a done deal to the eels
Knights suffered from spine injuries this year or would have had more wins

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
The knights have more game winners
1 Pearce
2 ponga
3 best

This is not a done deal to the eels
Knights suffered from spine injuries this year or would have had more wins
Outside of those 3 Knights don’t have much, all 3 can be a bit prone to quiet games- Ponga less so.
Eels don’t have the stars as such but are a better rounded team. Knights could get up but won’t go any further, Don’t forget the Eels are one of the few teams to beat the storm this year- and they did it twice

Reactions: Worried2Death

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
All the favorites should win really but $3 for the knights looks pretty juicy to me- might have a bit of that 🤔

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Outside of those 3 Knights don’t have much, all 3 can be a bit prone to quiet games- Ponga less so.
Eels don’t have the stars as such but are a better rounded team. Knights could get up but won’t go any further, Don’t forget the Eels are one of the few teams to beat the storm this year- and they did it twice
You are probably right
Just playing devils advocate
In addition to best ponga and Pearce they also have a strong support cast
1) Klemmer
2) saifiti times two
3) Brailey
4) frizell
And to a lesser extent Watson

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
All the favorites should win really but $3 for the knights looks pretty juicy to me- might have a bit of that 🤔
I had a bit of Warriors to beat the Titans @ $3.40 last weekend as that looked juicy as well.

My wife can’t understand why we are on bread and water this week & I’m shit scared to tell her!!!

Last edited:

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I had a bit of Warriors to bet the Titans @ $3.40 last weekend as that looked juicy as well.

My wife can’t understand why we are on bread and water this week & I’m shit scared to tell her!!!
Made the same mistake- think I got in at $3.50

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Klein couldn’t have had a bad performance last weekend as I see he has been given the Eels v Knights game.

• Wow

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Cos the Knights don't deserve to be there. I will be pissed off it they win.
There are 2 Knights and Eels teams this season.

Eeles started the season as a red hot top 4 team but have only won 4 of the last 10 with some heavy defeats including 40+ points losses to South’s, Manly and Panthers. Don’t have the form.

Knights have been injury ravaged and the key for them is that when Pearce plays they click. With Pearce they have won 8/11 in 2021. Form wise they have won 7 of their last 10.

Two middling teams where the winner will get knocked out round 2. Eels peaked early and are fading, Knights up and down but coming home strong. On form I think the Knights are favourites.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
There are 2 Knights and Eels teams this season.

Eeles started the season as a red hot top 4 team but have only won 4 of the last 10 with some heavy defeats including 40+ points losses to South’s, Manly and Panthers. Don’t have the form.

Knights have been injury ravaged and the key for them is that when Pearce plays they click. With Pearce they have won 8/11 in 2021. Form wise they have won 7 of their last 10.

Two middling teams where the winner will get knocked out round 2. Eels peaked early and are fading, Knights up and down but coming home strong. On form I think the Knights are favourites.
Oh really!!! Fascinating that you think Knights are favourites. Big call.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Oh really!!! Fascinating that you think Knights are favourites. Big call.
Is there a flaw in the logic? On form alone the Eels are tanking and the Knights are solid.

Knights have a big dominant forward pack with some alphas in there. Strong game management and on-field leadership with Pearce plus match winners sprinkled across the team. Well rounded team without standing out.

Time will tell 😉

Reactions: Defence

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Is there a flaw in the logic? On form alone the Eels are tanking and the Knights are solid.

Knights have a big dominant forward pack with some alphas in there. Strong game management and on-field leadership with Pearce plus match winners sprinkled across the team. Well rounded team without standing out.

Time will tell 😉
I have picked Knights as well. Just thought I was predicting an upset.

Knights are who the warriors will be in 2023
Two or three alpha props. One senior super star half and a star full back.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Hi All

Going to turn this into a tipping contest as well.
Rules
1 point per correct tip for round one
2 points for tipping a boil over - where the TAB has odds of $2.50 or more for the upset. The odds will be as of the Wednesday. Indicate "upset" or "boil over" next to your tip

Wrighty's Round one tips
1) Manly - Upset
2) Roosters
3) Panthers
4) Knights - Upset

Tips must be in by Thursday evenings at 8pm

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating