General 2021 NRL Premiership GRAND FINAL

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
2021 NRL Premiership GRAND FINAL

NRL Premiership.jpg

General discussion thread for all 2021 NRL Premiership GRAND FINAL talk from team lists to game days...

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Panthers by 14. Yeo for Clive Churchill Medal.

If you have spare cash lying around, don't be an idiot and burn it. Give it to the TAB and pick my picks above instead...Of course, they won't give it back...:p

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I genuinely don’t know who will this or who is favourite in my mind
Could make an argument for either team
Panthers paying $1.65 and panthers 2.30
i feel the odds should be even Stevens
South’s beat panthers in round one of the playoffs and have had a bye
I could easily see south’s winning and could see Penrith winning.
Usually I have a vibe who will win

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Panthers should win it, they're at full strength and don't have the 50 point hoodoo hanging over their heads. This is their best shot with the players that are leaving, I can't see them getting back to the GF next year so they can't they blow this chance. But if there's one coach who knows how to do fairytale finishes, it's the master.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I would love to see the Panthers win. Ivan Cleary is one of my favourite people in the game.
I went off him a little bit with how he exited the Tigers, he seems to have soured a bit over the years- his recent stoush with Bennett the prime example.
Definitely backing the Panthers, they’ve had an incredible 2 years and have developed a heap of young players, it’d be great to see that paid off.
South’s fans are insufferable won’t hear the end of it if they win.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I genuinely don’t know who will this or who is favourite in my mind
Could make an argument for either team
Panthers paying $1.65 and panthers 2.30
i feel the odds should be even Stevens
South’s beat panthers in round one of the playoffs and have had a bye
I could easily see south’s winning and could see Penrith winning.
Usually I have a vibe who will win
Really could go either way, don’t forget Penrith had a close win over South’s a couple of weeks out from the playoffs. Promises to be a close one

Reactions: Worried2Death

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I went off him a little bit with how he exited the Tigers, he seems to have soured a bit over the years- his recent stoush with Bennett the prime example.
Definitely backing the Panthers, they’ve had an incredible 2 years and have developed a heap of young players, it’d be great to see that paid off.
South’s fans are insufferable won’t hear the end of it if they win.
He's a bit more lippy compared to when he was here. Higher profile now. Remember when he was here referee errors were fobbed off as the ref gets less grief with mistakes that affect the lower profile out of Sydney clubs compared to when they affect the Sydney clubs. Now he's not afraid to speak up, also helps that he used to work with the refs.

Souths fans. The old saying that when Souths are strong rugby league is strong. They were shit from 1990 through to 2006 and those were some of the best years the sport has experienced so not sure how they work that out.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
This is probably the last chance for a premiership for Bennett. A premiership at 3 different clubs.

If he takes up a club starting from scratch they would need to recruit well to be premiership contenders quickly. I know the Storm did it but the timeframe and the cap probably makes that hard

When he was here every loss news articles were full of comments on his coaching and he'd never win anything, hire Bluey he's a winner. I bet if they win the comments will all be the opposite wishing why he left. Probably posted by the same people.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I find it quite unbelievable that after the clusterfuck of a refereeing performance on Saturday in the Panthers v Storm game that Sutton has been given the GF gig.
Politics

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Leaning towards Rabbits. Purely on getting a bit of a break while Penrith have been getting beaten up (i see Pangai Jnr is out which is a loss).

Also sentimentally the Benji and Bennett factor means ill probably be cheering for them......however, they do say you've got to lose one to win one so it just could be Penrith's time.

Reactions: bruce

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A bit of a shame as it would of been good seeing a full stadium for a big game.

75% capacity is pretty good for 2020 and 2021.

Amazing they have got through the season (I know one game to go). Hopefully next year with higher vaccination rates and a changing landscape things are normal or closer to normal.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
A bit of a shame as it would of been good seeing a full stadium for a big game.

75% capacity is pretty good for 2020 and 2021.

Amazing they have got through the season (I know one game to go). Hopefully next year with higher vaccination rates and a changing landscape things are normal or closer to normal.

I fear it is a sign of the times...a real worry for MSS.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings