General 2020 WILL THE WARRIORS MAKE THE TOP 8?

AusWarriorsFan

Its all very unlikely with the large gap between us, but if they lose their last 2 games as well, you never know if we win the next 3. We need beat the eels first. :). But I fancy we might beat the Sharks even with Johnson and they have Roosters and Raiders last 2 games. Tough Gig. So you never know.

Tigers are possible still with their ability and FnA. If only we hadnt lost by so much in so many games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

If we win the next 3 games by 30 points or over we are in
It's to easy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Wigan Warrior

Wigan Warrior

I think today was the big game. Yes we can still mathematically make it, but it will be tough with the PD. A narrow win next week isn't enough, we need to win big

Reactions: 1 user
Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

I see were outsiders against the Sharks, time to clean up from the TAB 🤣

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

I'm enjoying watching us play .
But three wins an a roll of the dice
We could sneak in

Woofa

Woofa

Not a shit show now thanks to that fu*king awful display of reffing from the onfield and off-field (ex eels player) in the bunker. What a fu*king joke! :-(

We need to make T-Shirts up and wear in the crowds.. 'Warriors vs 18 - since 95' (with a picture of a ref) until they get the picture. Id buy one and wear it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TheSultan

Yesterdays loss was definitely two nails in the coffin but I definitely dont think were out of it and I’m suprised all the Fox pundits were so adamant the Top 8 is locked in.

Obviously we need to win all 3 remaining games...thats a given. But the Sharks run home is next level hard. Throw in Townsend and Grahams suspensions for 2+ weeks, Johnsons groin injury and them over achieving all year I’d say the chances of them losing all three are fairly high.

Looking forward to next weekend, Canberra are likely to be without Papali which obviously helps us too.

The Tigers run home is equally hard and I cant see them winning all three against Rabbits, Storm and Eels.

Still a LONG shot but weve still got more than a chance. Dont need to worry about point dif...just win the next 3 and in all likelihood were in.

Reactions: 7 users

JaggedJ

Beat the Sharks by 50 and the F/A diff between us is only 25 heading into the last two rounds.

There we go, problem solved, thank me later.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
With the way the NRL like to ride their “stories” *cough*influenced results*cough* it’s a shame they aren’t jumping on the Warriors making the 8 “story” wed likely only last a week in the finals but it’d sure help reignite some interest and goodwill- guess the “script” is already written this year

Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

All we have to do is win our last 3 games, the only easy game the Sharks have is against us. They got the Roosters and the Raiders.

JBmurc

JBmurc

We need a repeat of the Knights game on the Sharkies >> 30+ points min ... Raiders dumped the Drags .... will do the same to the sharks ...all hard games for the WAR... if we do somehow win the next two I don't see Manly being easy beats ..

bangbros18

bangbros18

Didn't I tell you guys that we are cake and there is no way we can make the finals!

• Haha

the borg

Should nail the sharks in theory .. but shit with the track record of officials screwing us and qld teams and favouring the Sydney teams like the sharks 7 tackle try against the Cowboys a few years back etc.. so its to early to make a call IMO.. sounds silly with only 3 games left but .. I just dont trust the officials

wizards rage

wizards rage

We can still make it though in PD if I've worked it out right.

2 wins from 3.
3 losses for the sharkies.
Technically we could but we would need to turn around an 125 points differential.

Not very likely but we could always hope...

Miket12

Miket12

So, we didn't make the finals but given all the disruptions this year including restarting the season, change of coach, Green leaving (which looks more like a positive now) players going home, loan players.... plus a few dozen other things, for the first time since 2011, I'm really proud off the team, coach and staff.

What remains to be seen is whether the attitude amongst the team/squad remains the same next year. There has been so very few times in the last decade when the Warriors side has got me out off my seat (except to look for something to throw at the TV) but the freedom and spirit they've played with over the last few weeks has had me jumping around the Lounge and, even though we haven't made the finals, renewed my passion for the team again.

Brown, please, please let them play with this same freedom. No, more than that, encourage it, build systems around it and let them play at the level we've seen them throughout the second half of this season next year. A few of the teams in the finals this year will be looking over their shoulders to see the Tamworth Warriors chasing after them for their finals spot!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Dumb .
I have a small feeling that that was our shot at it .
Totally new team in next year .
I can see them going back to the same old warriors shit .

Don't know how brownie will go
Don't know how Payton will go personalities an environments are not always interchangeable .
But shit we got some drama an excitement out of this season .

At least we don't ever have to hear a coach tell us we don't have the players ever again . Because this team proved that's bull shit
Same with all the other excuses .We can't change or drop players because statistics say the team has to stay together .Bull shit
Every excuse for not winning is bullshit .
2020 year of the warrior

Reactions: 2 users