Recruitment 2020 Warriors Recruitment NEWS & RUMOUR

THIS THREAD IS FOR WARRIORS RECRUITMENT NEWS AND RUMOURS ONLY! Read first post for more info

• I agree

• I disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Teets James

Here's hoping he just picked up his NZ Warrior contract to look over 😂 1 down, 3 (Dylan Brown , Fifita , Taukeiaho) to go! Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191031-161224_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20191031-161224_Instagram.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 160

wrighty

Offering Tino 3.5 million over 5 years according to this article. Plus the Fifita 1 million we already know about

Glad we have other irons in the fire given what a long shot Fifita is.
Tino, who has a last name no cu** on this message board will refer to him by given its length, is 6 foot 5 107kgs and will only put on weight given he is 19.

Offering Tino 3.5 million over 5 years according to this article. Plus the Fifita 1 million we already know about

Real talk, how good is this Tino kid? Is it a genuine gamble, or does it have the ability to come off? I see Haas was signed on 500k for 6 years with 20 games or something, this kid has had 6. Is he the goods or is this stupidity? Because if we’re paying overs, he could fuck us even more than Blair has, for the next 6 years..

Reactions: Off The Bench

Bushman

Contributor
From an article about Brodie Croft.

New Zealand Warriors five-eighth Blake Green, who has one more year to run on his deal, caught up with Seibold in Sydney last month.

Seibold and Green have a relationship from their time together at the Melbourne Storm and despite the Broncos’ needs for an experienced playmaker, the club insists the veteran five-eighth isn’t on their radar.

Real talk, how good is this Tino kid? Is it a genuine gamble, or does it have the ability to come off? I see Haas was signed on 500k for 6 years with 20 games or something, this kid has had 6. Is he the goods or is this stupidity? Because if we’re paying overs, he could fuck us even more than Blair has, for the next 6 years..

Could be special - if he goes/stays with a club that can develop talent.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
New Zealand Warriors may splash cash on Melbourne Storm NRL rookie

05:00, Nov 03 2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • Email

Manly paid close attention to Tino Faasuamaleaui when they met the Storm in round 24 this season.

GETTY IMAGES
Manly paid close attention to Tino Faasuamaleaui when they met the Storm in round 24 this season.
The New Zealand Warriors are prepared to splash $3.5 million for a relative unknown.

The Stephen Kearney-coached outfit wants to poach Melbourne forward Tino Faasuamaleaui, who is set to become one of the biggest beneficiaries as players coming off contract at the end of next season become open to approaches from rivals.

Faasuamaleaui, 19, has made five first-grade appearances for the Storm, including his debut against the Dragons in round 16. However, good judges feel he has the potential to become a superstar and the Warriors are ready to throw the chequebook at him.

The Warriors are prepared to offer Faasuamaleaui $700,000 a season for up to five years, a huge punt given his inexperience. The trans-Tasman outfit has shown a willingness to gamble on youth, as seen by the $3 million offered to Dylan Brown before he'd made his Parramatta debut.

The Warriors are also in the mix for in-demand Broncos forward David Fifita and are prepared to pay him $1 million a season to seal the deal. The Faasuamaleaui-Fifita double play is an acknowledgement Kearney's forward pack needs an overhaul to return to finals football.

Tino Faasuamaleaui is seen as a potential NRL superstar.

GETTY IMAGES
Tino Faasuamaleaui is seen as a potential NRL superstar.
The Warriors' offer to Faasuamaleaui is more than twice what the Storm are prepared to pay to keep him. Given he has a young family, the Broncos junior may be tempted to make the move.

Wests Tigers could make an immediate play for Anthony Milford, if Brisbane are prepared to release their marquee man, as the joint-venture outfit looks to spend a $1.7 million war chest.

Within just a few weeks, the Tigers have gone from being cash-strapped to a major force in the chase for talent after the medical retirement of Ben Matulino and the departures of Esan Marsters and Ryan Matterson. They could have even more space in their salary cap if Chris McQueen accepts an offer to finish his career in England.

I cant work out whether we are more stupid or desperate to throw that money at this Tino guy. No matter how talented it is it will be squashed at the warriors

I totally hear you
Crazy cash money for an untested big body
Could be cash money down the drain
OR.....
Next big thing
Add a dynamic we desperately need
Complement the undersize pack we have

It’s rolling snake eyes for sure but if we don’t do this type of strategy and we miss out on the next NAS then it’s business as usual on here
Coulda
Shoulda
Woulda

Let’s roll them bones

tajhay

🏉
With our track history of developing young players, i hope Tino doesnt get lured by the cash and instead focuses on having a long and successful career at the Storm where we can develop into the player he is capable of being. This club will kill his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.