Recruitment 2020 Warriors Recruitment NEWS & RUMOUR

THIS THREAD IS FOR WARRIORS RECRUITMENT NEWS AND RUMOURS ONLY! Read first post for more info

• I agree

• I disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrighty

I went to Broncos HQ and they desperately want him re-signed so I expect that to be the outcome. Four other comments stood out
1) General laughter at the warriors being a premiership contender next year even with Fifita
2) General laughter that we took Kodi off their hands
3) That Fifita may end up being an immortal according to one poster and no one contradicted him "could be the best second rower ever".
4) They see Wayne Bennet/Souths as the competition because of the draw of playing for and learning from Wayne

Canterbury were thinking of going $1,4 for Turbo Tom and $1.1 for Jake earlier this season.
I think the landscape of top offers may shift on Nov 1 and we may see a truly massive offer from the Warriors. Whether they land him is another thing. His preference is for other clubs to pump up his price and that Broncos have to match,

Warriors may be pawns in a game here by his manager.

The Warriors are always pawns in this situation. Used to boost their price with a club that they actually want to go to.

I don't expect anything different this time.

Fifita doesn't need a "pawn," he has every club who are able wanting to through $1 million + at him. He'll go to the club of his choice. Sadly, the Warriors are probably the least desirable club to go to, so 1.2 mill vs 1.1 mill won't change shit.

My money is on brown paper bags coming from the Thoroughbreds and him staying put. He'd already have re signed if the Broncos had the cash.

tajhay

🏉
Broncos have been trying to move Jack Bird who is on around 1m. There have been no takers for him. They also have Boyd, Milford, McCullough who are also on grossly inflated salaries.

Fifita definitely won't be tapped on shoulder to leave for 2020 season as he's on a modest contract. And you would have to think there's a bunch of players they would let go off before soneone like fifita's calibre.

And doubt Brodie Croft would cost them much as he's supposedly around 200k mark at the storm.

I don't believe that Fifita will leave for monetary reasons, and that is the only reason we could even be part of the discussion. He seems far too mature to want to kill off his career for financial gains so early on.

If I were a betting man, if expect him to resign with Broncos. He is also pretty tight with Haas.

If we want to buy someone who simply wants to come here for money, we would be better off keeping on throwing money at players like Dylan Brown...

Not saying that's the right thing to do...But only players who care about money above career and development will consider the warriors.

If you run through which player in the entire comp that could add the most value to the Warriors then Fifita would be right towards the top of the list - I’d have Haas as number 1 however Fifita wouldn’t be far behind. Sure there’s better players right now, however as an example the marginal upside from say Tedesco is quite limited when we already have Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Agreed we have to have a serious crack at Fifita - offer the kid $1.5m a year and see what happens.

I might be way off the mark but I think we may be leading the race to sign Fifita at the moment. The rhetoric on nrl universe yesterday said "Warriors set to lure Fifita to NZ". Might be reading too much into the wording but "set" to do something means it's about to happen and these journos know what's going on well before these stories break. Probably wishful thinking.
Can't see any way he will stay at the Broncos with the offers coming at him and what they can offer and also they have Oates to lock in and have been linked to DCE. Don't see him leaving manly but Broncos definitely need a half.
Parramatta seem to have pulled out of the race and are throwing $11 mill for 10 yr contract to Latrell Mitchell.
Bunnies will be likely if they can get Sam Burgess to retire, if not they don't have the cap space.
Don't think he will go to the dogs.
We all need to remember his mum is the key here.

wrighty

I might be way off the mark but I think we may be leading the race to sign Fifita at the moment. The rhetoric on nrl universe yesterday said "Warriors set to lure Fifita to NZ". Might be reading too much into the wording but "set" to do something means it's about to happen and these journos know what's going on well before these stories break. Probably wishful thinking.
Can't see any way he will stay at the Broncos with the offers coming at him and what they can offer and also they have Oates to lock in and have been linked to DCE. Don't see him leaving manly but Broncos definitely need a half.
Parramatta seem to have pulled out of the race and are throwing $11 mill for 10 yr contract to Latrell Mitchell.
Bunnies will be likely if they can get Sam Burgess to retire, if not they don't have the cap space.
Don't think he will go to the dogs.
We all need to remember his mum is the key here.

Hi Noitall Noitall

I have been studying that head line too "Warriors set to Lure Fifita"

They are "set to lure" not "set to obtain"

Lure is to attract towards yourself with bait - it doesn't necessarily mean to successfully lure.

I think the article is leaning towards click bait and is basically saying the Warriors are set to make a fucking gigantic offer. And that it doesn't say more than that in terms of whether we have the inside running.

Our main hope is the Mum is as you say however. Someone get on the phone to her pronto.

tajhay

🏉
You would have to say that money is not a major consideration for him, as much as the Warriors fans would want to believe that it is.

"I'm not a $1 million player. I have one more year with the Broncs and we'll see what happens after that,'' Fifita said. "I've listened to [the talk] but it goes in one ear and out the other. I don't buy into it. "

bruce

Contributor
You would have to say that money is not a major consideration for him, as much as the Warriors fans would want to believe that it is.

"I'm not a $1 million player. I have one more year with the Broncs and we'll see what happens after that,'' Fifita said. "I've listened to [the talk] but it goes in one ear and out the other. I don't buy into it. "

Brian Smith wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't make other clubs play through the nose. Just saying like.

Hi Noitall Noitall

I have been studying that head line too "Warriors set to Lure Fifita"

They are "set to lure" not "set to obtain"

Lure is to attract towards yourself with bait - it doesn't necessarily mean to successfully lure.

I think the article is leaning towards click bait and is basically saying the Warriors are set to make a fucking gigantic offer. And that it doesn't say more than that in terms of whether we have the inside running.

Our main hope is the Mum is as you say however. Someone get on the phone to her pronto.
Yeah you’re right.
In saying that I don’t believe the “I’m not worth a million”line and money offers will also come into play. For all he and his family knows he might not have a long career so would be silly to not consider big money. Also people like Andrew Johns etc saying this guy is worth all the cash won’t have gone unnoticed. Joseph Manu going to market to get maximum of what he’s worth, who could blame these guys

wrighty

I've checked Wackos Whispers all day but nothing
Zero tackle now has the warrior/fifita story

and 52 minutes ago google news reported Brisbane are the inside running to retain him, and that the Broncos are "extremely confident".
The media are now starting to call it the "Fifita Frenzy"
New information and a new pole position team is announced every four hours.
We have this changing news situation until Friday when hopefully something more concrete will happen.

If only Ali's rumours was still going

tajhay

🏉
I've checked Wackos Whispers all day but nothing
Zero tackle now has the warrior/fifita story

and 52 minutes ago google news reported Brisbane are the inside running to retain him, and that the Broncos are "extremely confident".
The media are now starting to call it the "Fifita Frenzy"
New information and a new pole position team is announced every four hours.
We have this changing news situation until Friday when hopefully something more concrete will happen.

If only Ali's rumours was still going
Bro, save yourself the time. News is regurgitated between the outlets these days and either copied and pasted within the syndication or rewritten slightly different to avoid copyright laws.

Besides, no team is allowed to table Fifita an offer till Nov 1, so any inside running (besides Broncos ofcourse) is just wishful thinking by the journalist, unless they have strong inside word...which could imply there was tampering involved due to the free agency window.

Status
Not open for further replies.