Recruitment 2020 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Reaction score

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
To a degree, but like SJ, when Green was at Manly and had our offer on the table he suggested he couldn't gaurantee his best effort if he were forced to stay.

It might not make sense for us to let him go, but if he wants to go we're not likely to get his best by sticking to our guns which raises the question of if he's worth it.

Besides, this is Kearney and George, what makes sense does not apply.
Yeah but there’s no way he’s being offered a multi year deal on more money at this stage of his career

If he’s going it’s to do the club a solid IMO

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Please check try assists by Kodi and CHT, in comparison with Green. Without Green, and by making Kodi our chief playmaker when he can't kick for shit we would become far more rudderless than we already are.

Should never have been bought as a half. He isn't one. But he is the coach's biggest half recruit since he lured Sandow to Eels on a highly overs contract.

Reaction score

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
My concern with releasing Green is that it would put too much pressure on CHT to do everything, given that Nikorima can’t guide a team round the field and has a poor kicking game. That’s a lot of pressure on a 20 year old.
Is Keighran on the scrap heap?

Reaction score
Chats271

Chats271

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Warriors are not in the Jai Arrow race
Sounds like Jai Arrow's also looking out for his middy who was Miss World Aus last year, and moving to Syd would also help her modelling career.

Knowing that, It would be very hard for us to even get Arrow to take 5 mins to talk to us let alone sign. I can't see her wanting to be a model for Farmers or be content with appearing on a billboard for Dress Mart Onehunga.

Reaction score
bangbros18

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I have a pile of shit sitting at the bottom of my toilet bowl, I'll eat it if we get Fafita! Keep dreaming lads, we wont get him.

Reaction score

Paulo24

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think Shaun Johnson's departure hurts us most in regards to recruitment. When you say RTS and SJ you think potential and X-factor galore.
You would say with a few more signings this team could do something special. Now you just got RTS!!! I reckon we have lost a little bit
of the allurement we had with SJ.

Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Reaction score
Woofa

Woofa

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I have a pile of shit sitting at the bottom of my toilet bowl, I'll eat it if we get Fafita! Keep dreaming lads, we wont get him.
I'd say about a 5% chance.. but that's still 5% that you may be eating shit! lol

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I don't think Fifita will leave the Broncos after what happened in Bali. It was the perfect opportunity for Brisbane to show him their loyalty and support.

It would take an astronomical amount of money for him to shift now. Especially to the Warriors. Rabbitohs would be the biggest chance if they have the cap space.

Reaction score

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I don't think Fifita will leave the Broncos after what happened in Bali. It was the perfect opportunity for Brisbane to show him their loyalty and support.

It would take an astronomical amount of money for him to shift now. Especially to the Warriors. Rabbitohs would be the biggest chance if they have the cap space.
They will once Burgess and his "new" injury are medically retired and cleared off South's books.

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If we throw a green swap in the mix we have gone from a one in ten thousand chance of landing Fifita to a one in five chance

I would say if that green swap rumour is correct and is on the table then we will be in the mixer come the pointy end of the talking.
Green is a tangible asset and was mentioned in multiple articles this year as an acquisition target. Even if each article was speculative.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
CHT as well is too young to not have a mentor figure around.
No worries...we have Mr. Jones ;) ;) ...not joking either...although I think it would be a joke
I have thought more about it. It is not a straight forward decision to give away Green

Green has a lot of leadership qualities and some of our guys are dolts and would do dumb things without him on the field. I remember one game where the opposition trailed by two points with ten seconds left. They did an onside kick that only went 8 metres. Ken wanted to pick the ball up and it would have resulted in a penalty to them which they could have caused trouble. Green screamed at him to leave it and the ball rolled into touch and the clock went to zero and we won. That is but one of many times he verbally took charge. He has also been the actual captain in some games where Roger has not played.
All of this would appeal to Brisbane as they could use such an experienced hand, but we need him too as Kodi hasn't figured out the role yet and I certainly hope he is buying Blake a beer after each game to get feedback. CHT as well is too young to not have a mentor figure around.
Two last points. Blake and CHT played well together, Kodi and Blake went ok together. CHT and Kodi was never tried and they may not work well.
Lastly we need three pivots due to how injured those guys get and I don't think AK is a legit option to be the third dude.

This is not a straight forward call to let Green walk to either Brisbane or any other team even with significant compensation.
Kodi being the senior player might get him thinking better. It might not be as bad as it sounds.

Reaction score

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Seibold was assistant coach when Blake Green was at the storm, Justin Morgan was aswell.
Next year CHT comes off contract. If he has a big year his value and demand will increase big time. AK also does as does Peta Hiku and a few others that hopefully will be retained.
AK may well be in the picture as he has the better kicking game of the 3 if Green departs.

Reaction score

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If we throw a green swap in the mix we have gone from a one in ten thousand chance of landing Fifita to a one in five chance

I would say if that green swap rumour is correct and is on the table then we will be in the mixer come the pointy end of the talking.
Green is a tangible asset and was mentioned in multiple articles this year as an acquisition target. Even if each article was speculative.
Yep. Green would persuade the broncs to let him go a year early, Fifita likes it cause he gets the $ a year early, we need him more than Green. Doubt seibold wants to send Fifita to Bennet next year..

Reaction score

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
After the Bali incident I think we'll see pigs flying in the street before Fifita signs with the Warriors.

Green go the the Broncos yes, but not part of a bait to lure Fifita. The incident in Bali was perfecting timing for the Broncos.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Fifita goes to Sydney, and ends up in drama with breaking curfew to play pokies before a game.
Fifita goes to Bali, and ends up in drama by punching security at a club and spending few nights in jail.
Never seemed to have any issues in Brisbane.

If reports are correct that his mum will have a big input on his future, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will be staying in Brisbane. He is very close to Haas as well and both want to play together for a long time. I suspect any media reports is purely speculation to increase his value. Besides, if you were a talented young player with pretty much all NRL clubs interested in you, would you leave country to play for a team that would be longshots to make the 8, and has a history of not knowing how to develop players? Would be utter madness.

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
To be honest, as amazing as Fifita could be, there is a lot of baggage already. He is a risk, especially with a high value, long term contract.

The Warriors are in a position where they have to take risks to be successful (although SK doesn't appear to like risk-taking), but this could go tits up for whichever team gets him.

I hope he does well, but alcohol, gambling, violence and criminal history in the family + big money, fame and all at a very young age...I hope someone more than just his mum is looking out for him

Reaction score

Vedoid

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
...Besides, if you were a talented young player with pretty much all NRL clubs interested in you, would you leave country to play for a team that would be longshots to make the 8, and has a history of not knowing how to develop players?
Yes. Yes I would. *pulls pants back up*

**disclaimer: Gun player, but not the signing I want for us.

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Fifita is a car crash waiting to happen, he needs a strong mentor keeping an eagle eye on him. If he came here he would be lazy, get in trouble and waste a shitload of salary cap. I would much rather have Jai Arrow.

Top Bottom