General 2020 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise thread

Reaction score

corpeedo

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Is there also going to be a heritage jersey? Obviously there's a strong 2003 away resemblance in the Hammerhead jersey so is that it?

Also why did they choose black as an away jersey knowing that it can only realistically be worn against probably 4 of the 15 other teams? Is it just to maintain the continuity of the black/red/grey colour scheme?

I'm sure almost everyone would have preferred the white 95 alternate as an away jersey, similar to the Women's jersey in 2019. That would have been a big seller.
No heritage jersey. Black is a follow on from the 2 year home/away jersey rule. there is a minimum number of required games we can play in it though, so like in 2019, the Stacey Jones jersey was preferred by the team over the black.

Reaction score
Akkerz

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Saw Monty B on the Kiwi League Show tonight wearing that Bushman picnic rug. It didn't look any better on him than it did on Peter Leitch last night. Dorks
From the message above can we assume the designer was decommissioned & such a travesty won't offend again

Reaction score
Akuma_81

Akuma_81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
No heritage jersey. Black is a follow on from the 2 year home/away jersey rule. there is a minimum number of required games we can play in it though, so like in 2019, the Stacey Jones jersey was preferred by the team over the black.
Thanks for that.

I guess heritage round has kind of fizzled out a bit now. It used to be a dedicated round where all teams wore their heritage jerseys, but now it just seems to be whenever the team wants to wear it. Anyway our home jersey is basically our heritage jersey.

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
While the 2020 jersey's look terrible the training shirts look really good.

Reaction score
Akuma_81

Akuma_81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Did anyone else who watched episode 3 of the pre-season doco notice the shirts and hoodies that some of the guys were wearing with the same logo as the first post in this thread?
Must still be a bit of merch to be released.

Reaction score

corpeedo

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Did anyone else who watched episode 3 of the pre-season doco notice the shirts and hoodies that some of the guys were wearing with the same logo as the first post in this thread?
Must still be a bit of merch to be released.
player/staff issue at this stage.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
I tried to voice my concern about the bushman jersey but went unheard. As soon as I saw the draft I was disgusted. My immediate reaction was one of not only disgust but embarrassment. I knew instantly that it would be ridiculed. The club have been lambasted over this polarising design like nothing else in their history. Reading reactions across all social media platforms I would put it at 10% who like it and the 90% are either shocked or looking for their arses after laughing it completely off. This has been a total disaster and the rest of the range seems a little underwhelming after 2019 which I personally considered an absolute home run.

The bushman was made to appeal to people outside of Wellington while still honouring the home colours of our capital. What they failed to take into account is that the 2013 Wellington jersey not only sold out in a matter of days it rates in most fans top 3 Warriors jerseys of all time whether you are from Wellington or not. A good, simple design is just that. Personally I would have simply used the Warriors current home and away template but with black and yellow. My money is on that one selling real well.

Sometimes things can just be over designed. Over thought out. Over analysed. As others have already mentioned the indigenous jersey with the Maori and Torres Strait people is too much. It would have been perfect without that added detail. Simple Maori design in simple colour blocking would have much better. It seems every year we get a massive spiel about the significance of the colours used, patterns, geometric shapes, koru interpretations blah blah blah. Just look at the fact sheet that came with last years indigenous jersey.

This design pays respect to Māori - tangata whenua ( people of the land ) the indigenous people of New Zealand.
The top half of the jersey = Our landscape, our mountains, our waterways.
The triangle shapes symbolise our mountains. The koru represent mist, clouds and swirling winds reaching up to the heavenly domain of Ranginui ( the Sky Father ).
The waves break the shore below the mountains and here we also see rivers and lakes flowing to meet the sea.
The koru and kowhaiwhai ( throughout the design ) represent growth, reaching upward toward the light … positivity, nurturing and protection. Also they represent connection to the earthly domain of Papatuanuku ( the Earth Mother ).
The design is placed on the front and back and represents the North Island and South Island - this pays respect to the kaitaiaki ( guardians ) of our land and the warrior whanau ( family / fan base )
Everything is inter connected and there is great power in these connections - they unite us.
The bottom half of the jersey and the sleeves are kowhaiwhai patterns. Through these symbols we represent attitude, ability and mindset.
* Mangopare = ( hammerhead shark ) = never give in - never surrender - determination and heart. Very much a representation of warrior spirit.
* Mangotipi = ( great white shark ) = speed, power and agility.
* Koiri = This pattern means to flourish. It is the koru repeating and turning back on itself - continuing on to infinity. Also represents self reflection and nurturing.
The colour of the jersey and the shades of grey represents the clouds - Aotearoa = land of the long white cloud and silver nature also pays respect to our silver fern. Our national symbol.

One year the triangle represents battle formation or a strong base and being grounded. Next year it represents mountains.

FFS its a jersey! I have never ever in my life bought something because the colour reminded my of clouds or ever though "fuck yeah, that design makes me want to strive upwards".

Like I said, its a fucking jersey. A league jersey at that. Put some damn chevrons on it!!!

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
That process has been addressed
Hopefully.

Btw good to see the allin episodes. It's a nice touch to try to give the punters some footage. Good job mate.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
That person is no longer with the club as of the start of this year. They are signed off more than 18mnths ago.
CCC are just as guilty as Kate is. They present the designs. I take my hat to her for making the bold call to go back to the OG colours. That was a masterstroke...

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I tried to voice my concern about the bushman jersey but went unheard.
Seeing you have so much access to the gods, how much advice do you give them on other things. Just asking like. ;) :D:D

Reaction score
Weno

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Remember when the AB's revealed the white jersey with the old school black V type pattern from the shoulders down.

Not many liked that one.
For some reason it grew on me I bought it.lol
Wear it at least once a month.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Seeing you have so much access to the gods, how much advice do you give them on other things. Just asking like. ;) :D:D
TBH I just went along for the experience and free merch. I'm a slut like that. Cheap one too 😞.

Sucks cause I can no longer leak designs when I get sent early pics. Pity the gear with the character in the OP pic is only player issue at this time...

Reaction score
Diesel

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Only have to look st how professional the Roosters training gear is to see how far off the mark this club is with everything

Reaction score
Akuma_81

Akuma_81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Also, apparently the 2020 jerseys fit exactly the same as 2019 so go your 1, 2, or 3 sizes up!

Reaction score

corpeedo

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
CCC are just as guilty as Kate is. They present the designs. I take my hat to her for making the bold call to go back to the OG colours. That was a masterstroke...
There was a Blue, Red, Green and the Yellow designs presented. I signed off the Blue as a training jersey.
True, It wasn't only Kate.
The OG colours were originally CCC's idea, as the heritage jerseys were such popular sellers in the two previous years. We here at the club decided, after plenty of research, to stick with the original colours, and green logo. Which I am glad is here to stay. 2020 has a black/grey logo as the NRL didn't sign off our request for it to change in time.
Brand consistency is a major focus of mine.

Reaction score
Akuma_81

Akuma_81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
There was a Blue, Red, Green and the Yellow designs presented. I signed off the Blue as a training jersey.
The OG colours were originally CCC's idea, as the heritage jerseys were such popular sellers in the two previous years. We here at the club decided, after plenty of research, to stick with the original colours, and green logo. Which I am glad is here to stay. 2020 has a black/grey logo as the NRL didn't sign off our request for it to change in time.
That makes sense then why the club is still using the green logo officially, but we've gone back to the black/grey logo on the jerseys.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
sorry I may have missed an introduction, Corpeedo is?

Reaction score
Vancent

Vancent

😞
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Corpeedo - and welcome.

Not sure where you fit in but both refreshing and valued to have a Club voice in this thread.

You’ve also confirmed some terrific news in that the green logo is here to stay, thank you.

I get the context behind this years black one, will be nice to say goodbye to it.

The original colours and green moko are very important ties back to the start of the club for some of us, given where we are at right now - perhaps never been more important.

Hopefully the myriad of colours and jerseys etc returns to sanity next year and simple variations of our original colours is what we see going forward.

This will allow us the best chance for both the die hard and prospective fans to identify and engage over time.

Hopefully next year we return to that simple and effective philosophy.

Cheers - Vancent.

Top Bottom