General 2020 Season Suspended

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
And now this from SMH Newspaper :

$15,000 a pop: NRL clubs reach out to fans for funding amid crisis

By Adam Pengilly

NRL clubs are flooding the Australian Sports Foundation website with appeals asking for tax-friendly donations of up to $15,000 to keep them afloat during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Two of Sydney's most famous clubs, Canterbury and South Sydney, have launched and amended pitches with the ASF, which is a fundraising platform for sporting organisations from grassroots to elite level.

The Bulldogs announced plans for 17 donors to become founding members of the Premiership Patrons, which requests a pledge of $15,000 to help a project titled 'Bulldogs tackling COVID-19'.

A 'Club 1935' category has also been set up, with a limited 100 places, for individual contributions of $1935.

The Bulldogs, who are also asking for small donations, are one of several Sydney clubs under huge financial stress due to the closure of its leagues club amid the coronavirus crisis. They started the season without a major sponsor and its ASF blurb claims it is under "unprecedented pressure to survive in the toughest rugby league competition in the world".

Read the full story here :

Looks like alot of Sydney clubs are really struggling now because of Coronavirus. Again I know it's not going to happen but It would be really interesting if an NRL club folds before 28th May deadline just because if that ever did happen between now and the end of this season, the competition would really be fucked ... ☹️

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Again I know it's not going to happen but It would be really interesting if an NRL club folds before 28th May deadline just because if that ever did happen between now and the end of this season, the competition would really be fucked ... ☹
They would be quietly ‘managed’ by the NRL and at a more appropriate time (end of the season) they would be allowed to disintergrate while ‘surprisingly‘ a ready made replacement would be all ready to step up.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Latrell Mitchell and others have been sent home form training due to feeling Ill with cold like flu symptoms.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200504-191213_League Live.jpg
    Screenshot_20200504-191213_League Live.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Wow
Reactions: Defence

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
Latrell Mitchell and others have been sent home form training due to feeling Ill with cold like flu symptoms.
Dude will be the most hated person in aussie if any test came up positive, but a hero in Warriors supporters eyes if he saves us from the spoon.

Lenrat

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2012
The NRL should make Latrell sit out the season if he tests positive. He knowingly broke the rules & copped a mediocre fine. A positive result could endanger the entire competition before it’s even restarted. People’s welfare & lives are more important than one individual who thinks he’s above things. If Lattell tests negative then I hope it’s a wake up call for him.

Same rule applies if it’s any other player as well.

Kudos to The Warriors for going over to Oz. They might be 2020 wooden spoon material but they’re Grand Final Winners when it comes to going the extra mile to help out the game. Can’t knock them for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worried2Death

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
The NRL should make Latrell sit out the season if he tests positive. He knowingly broke the rules & copped a mediocre fine. A positive result could endanger the entire competition before it’s even restarted. People’s welfare & lives are more important than one individual who thinks he’s above things. If Lattell tests negative then I hope it’s a wake up call for him.

Same rule applies if it’s any other player as well.

Kudos to The Warriors for going over to Oz. They might be 2020 wooden spoon material but they’re Grand Final Winners when it comes to going the extra mile to help out the game. Can’t knock them for that.
Damit, hes been cleared of the corona virus. Then again i really dont wish that disease on anyone.

Lenrat

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2012
Damit, hes been cleared of the corona virus. Then again i really dont wish that disease on anyone.
Good to hear he’s been cleared. The competition can’t afford these types of “mistakes” from players. Hope he lifts his game for the rest of the season because he‘s on thin ice.

I noticed Bryce Cartwright doesn’t want a flu vaccination despite it being a requirement. NRL should tell him no vaccination no involvement in the 2020 competition.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings