General 2020 Season Suspended

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
So everyone else can start training 4th may, we will still be in lockdown. Then we will be in quarantine 2 weeks when we travel over. I know we are shit and cant win even if we do train but jeez thats gonna be tough. Wonder if anyone gonna come back from lockdown a bit porky.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
So everyone else can start training 4th may, we will still be in lockdown. Then we will be in quarantine 2 weeks when we travel over. I know we are shit and cant win even if we do train but jeez thats gonna be tough. Wonder if anyone gonna come back from lockdown a bit porky.
Surely if we travel as a group as one bubble, we can train as a bubble together perhaps in something like an isolated gym specifically isolated for our team? Quarantine would be the group isolated from anyone local?

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
And resuming the comp 2 wins down, pretty much impossible with all we are having to do to be apart of it.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Surely if we travel as a group as one bubble, we can train as a bubble together perhaps in something like an isolated gym specifically isolated for our team? Quarantine would be the group isolated from anyone local?

You would think so, warriors to be a big 30 man bubble, i guess they might struggle with feeding and housing them without any local support, boys might have to peel their own spuds and do the cooking.

I think this is going to go terribly for the team, and can't really blame them, even if you took sides with better talent they would really struggle with motivation, preparation being locked in a facility and only allowed out for 4 hours on game day before being locked up again.

Imagine being locked up with your co-workers for a month so you can deliver on your contract, you'd do it as we all have bills to pay, but you might not stand each other after a week.

can they even train at a decent level - knowing that any injury that requires more than physio and rest will mean like a 6 week exclusion from the camp.

might help if australia relaxes restrictions sooner than later and they can move about within the country for a bit of chance of normality. even if your now 'living' in a hotel, can at least get out and about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sup42

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
And resuming the comp 2 wins down, pretty much impossible with all we are having to do to be apart of it.
I liked Ricky Stuart’s attitude before they played the Warriors... no excuses get out there and get the job done. It was the crusaders attitude after the Earthquakes and they didn’t go to bed.

You would think so, warriors to be a big 30 man bubble, i guess they might struggle with feeding and housing them without any local support, boys might have to peel their own spuds and do the cooking.
Short term this will be a struggle and I don’t have high expectation for this season. But this could be the making of a lot of the younger guys and they will mature a lot faster and over the next few years we could benefit?
[/QUOTE]

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
The best possible outcome for the Warriors right now is to not get the wooden spoon.
We had a full off season of training and somehow went backwards from last year.
With all the disruptions now, I can see us falling even further behind.
Is was hoping if the owners could absorb the costs, that the season would be scrapped, because some of the scorelines could get yuck.

Reactions: Rizzah

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I liked Ricky Stuart’s attitude before they played the Warriors... no excuses get out there and get the job done. It was the crusaders attitude after the Earthquakes and they didn’t go to bed.
the crusaders just had their home ground taken away though, they could still train as usual, go home and sleep in their own beds, they just had to clock up a lot of miles for the weekend, travelling to timaru or nelson instead of playing in christchurch - it was a drain on them, but it wasn't massively different to a usual super rugby season, which involves a lot of travel anyway.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019

Short term this will be a struggle and I don’t have high expectation for this season. But this could be the making of a lot of the younger guys and they will mature a lot faster and over the next few years we could benefit?
[/QUOTE]
Brisbane and Gold Coast are making noise that they don't want to base themselves in NSW. Dale Copley was asked about if Warriors get family exceptions why don't the rest of teams. Fair enough about making excuses but also respect what we are doing so this season doesn't have to be totally restructured beacause of a 15 team comp. My view anyway.
On the flip side this could galvanise them and bring them together. Our luck would be we win the comp and the Aussies forever question the legitimacy of this season.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I'd be surprised if the Warriors get the go ahead from the Aus parliament.

If the shoe were on the other foot I wouldnt be bending over backwards to get an Aus team here if I were in a global pandemic responsible for my own citizens.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I just have to repeat my 180 degrees on this. They are finding some scary things about this virus, the latest is blood clotting and long term organ damage. It is an absolute killer, it is not the flu, and I would hate my kids to get exposed to it, yet they thought it was only us dinosaurs at risk. So I am sure the NRL are going to get some cash for their efforts but I am dead against it. I don't even know if I could watch it.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I just have to repeat my 180 degrees on this. They are finding some scary things about this virus, the latest is blood clotting and long term organ damage. It is an absolute killer, it is not the flu, and I would hate my kids to get exposed to it, yet they thought it was only us dinosaurs at risk. So I am sure the NRL are going to get some cash for their efforts but I am dead against it. I don't even know if I could watch it.
Me too Bruce.

If for example the Warriors brought back Corona to NZ, it would be the single most damaging thing to the sport here in its entire history.

The Warriors would go from being disliked, to actually hated by five million people who otherwise might not have cared.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Yeah Mt Sinai hospital in NY one of the finest in the world are saying that young healthy people with Covid are seven times more likely to have a stroke.
That would be the clotting issue.
Nasty.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I'd be surprised if the Warriors get the go ahead from the Aus parliament.

If the shoe were on the other foot I wouldnt be bending over backwards to get an Aus team here if I were in a global pandemic responsible for my own citizens.
It looks like they have the go ahead. Both countries have said they will keep their borders closed but there is talk if they open to anyone it will be between Australia and New Zealand.

Looking at the stats for the two countries both have gone about things differently, but both seem to be getting the virus under control.

By the time the season finishes towards the end of the year the situation would of changed.

The players will be getting their health monitored. Health wise they are better off in their playing environment instead of being locked at home but still going out to the supermarket and at risk of being infected by someone while out and about.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
It looks like they have the go ahead. Both countries have said they will keep their borders closed but there is talk if they open to anyone it will be between Australia and New Zealand.

Looking at the stats for the two countries both have gone about things differently, but both seem to be getting the virus under control.

By the time the season finishes towards the end of the year the situation would of changed.

The players will be getting their health monitored. Health wise they are better off in their playing environment instead of being locked at home but still going out to the supermarket and at risk of being infected by someone while out and about.
Good luck to em.
Be interesting to see what they do if one of them gets infected or a number of them. Wonder whether they will send the virus back here.

I wonder also how many stories of NRL players breaching restrictions will surface this season.

Reactions: Dave Brough

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
So when do we fly out, is it confirmed yet or not?
Broadcast partners agree to NRL's May 28 restart date
The NRL has reached an agreement with its broadcast partners to restart the season on May 28 after the governing body presented a take-it-or-leave-it proposal on Friday afternoon.

A day after describing the NRL’s May resumption plan as ‘‘premature’’, free-to-air broadcast partner Nine softened its stance and will now support the proposed date, avoiding a potential courtroom showdown. It is likely the season will run for about 17 weeks, plus four weeks of finals and an Origin series after a potential October 4 grand final, although that is yet to be confirmed.
...........Now it has been sorted, the next roadblock comes in the form of various governments looking to stamp their authority on the NRL’s comeback plans.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings