General 2020 NRL Finals Footy

Based on Clearys interview it seems like he's got the right mentality for a string off season.

Hopefully they and every team except the Warriors do implode.
Interesting job for Cleary Sr now. He’ll have largely the same team next year with Tamou being the only key out. They’re a top 8 team all day but I think they’ve been the luckiest team with injuries this season. If they do lose a key player or two for periods of time I dont actually think they’ve got a particularly deep roster. And well have 26 rounds next year 🤞🏾

Reactions: warriors55
The 2 teams in the final are teams I do not like - I use to like Penrith but no longer do because of Nathan Cleary - I do not like that little twit. anyway with Nathan in Penrith I was supporting the Storm so I am glad the Storm won :) even though I have never liked the storm - It is kinda like NZers do not like Australia or England but we support England when Australia and England play each other in anything - Only time We ever support England :)

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Ivan lost his nerve with the Naden benching in the last two weeks. With him they were the top defensive team and won 17 straight.

He’s also part of the tight group of younger fellas that won the U20s, maybe had a real impact leaving one of their mates out (even though May is another).

Reckon he had too much time to think and lost his nerve and it cost them. Naden proved his worth to the Team when he came on and they scored 20 (22 really) soon after.

Remains a good Coach Ivan, but I still can’t see him winning a GF.

Last edited:
Ivan lost his nerve with the Naden benching in the last two weeks. With him they were the top defensive team and won 17 straight, he’s also let of the pack that is close and won the U20s, maybe had a real impact leaving one of their mates out (even though May was another).

Reckon he had too much time to think and lost his nerve and it cost them. Naden proved his worth to the Team when BHLS came on and they scored 20 (22 really) soon after.

Remains a good Coach Ivan, but I still can’t see him winning a GF.
agree about naden, he came on and was very good, may was very average

Reactions: warriors55
Much as I was going for Penrith, that first try the Panthers got was bullshit as was the first sinbinning against the Storm.

Once again, I wonder how Phil Gould gets to be involved in the NRL and commentate the games. Surely a conflict of interest in there somewhere.

I would have been disappointed if the CC had gone to Smith. The narrative was "the Clive Churchill medal is the one thing Smith hasn't won in his career", but so what? He hasn't had an ACL injury in his career, should the Channel 9 - who judge the Clive3 Churchill - arrange for him to get one of those? Okay, I'm being facetious because I just don't particularly like the guy - salary cap, Alex McKinnon etc...