General 2019 Warriors Top 8

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Currently on my differential we should be in 9th spot. However remember the old 9th with a bullet or 9th with a parachute saying? Ladies and jellybeans this team is in 9th with a lead zeppelin.

The spoon currently belongs to the Dogs who have a massive deficit but if they manage three wins and we get none, we get the spoon for the first time in our history.

Can I see that happening, I might just put money on it.
It'll be deja vu. We'll need to win the last game to make the top 8 and the team will get annihilated...

Reactions: Mr Frank White
Ease off on the stress. The best indicator is differential. We aren't there and won't be...because we won't score enough points. Stop the dreaming SK.

Agreed and we blew our chance to notch up wins and improve points diff with the easier part of our draw. Actually, our points differential and general standards never recovered after the rounds 2 and 3 calamities, where we got torn a new one by what we thought were pretty mediocre teams! lol

Apart from the broncos this weekend we play top 8 teams for the rest of the season, are we good enough? I think not, but we throw caution to the wind and try a few combinations at least?

bruce

Contributor
Agreed and we blew our chance to notch up wins and improve points diff with the easier part of our draw. Actually, our points differential and general standards never recovered after the rounds 2 and 3 calamities, where we got torn a new one by what we thought were pretty mediocre teams! lol

Apart from the broncos this weekend we play top 8 teams for the rest of the season, are we good enough? I think not, but we throw caution to the wind and try a few combinations at least?
Remember when SOO is over we usually drop off the pace anyway, and just don't mention the finals. This team is not final standard, end of story. I just want to hear the press conference when Mick Burgess gets a chance to ask SK what he plans for next year. I reckon they could sell seats for that. Actually thinking about it more that should be the number one question for any of that brains trust. I bet they haven't a clue.

Remember when SOO is over we usually drop off the pace anyway, and just don't mention the finals. This team is not final standard, end of story. I just want to hear the press conference when Mick Burgess gets a chance to ask SK what he plans for next year. I reckon they could sell seats for that. Actually thinking about it more that should be the number one question for any of that brains trust. I bet they haven't a clue.

We shouldnā€™t have trouble dropping off the pace this year! So we might as well help ourselves to nine trial games building up to next season.. šŸ‘

Close competition this year. I donā€™t think Manly, Newcastle, Eels or Sharks are guaranteed in the top 8 yet going on form and I think anyone right down to the 14th place Broncos could get in.

So many close games and fluctuations in form. Everyone seems to be able to beat everyone outside the top 4 teams. Donā€™t write us off yet. Anything can happen!

bruce

Contributor
So many close games and fluctuations in form. Everyone seems to be able to beat everyone outside the top 4 teams. Donā€™t write us off yet. Anything can happen!
Joel Caine agrees with you, but like you I don't think he was watched them enough this season.

Joel Caine agrees with you, but like you I don't think he was watched them enough this season.
Come in Bruce, you know we sit in 9th on points differential šŸ˜‰.

While there are obvious issues (we lack the X factor), our players are putting in every week and competitive without setting the world on fire. Fortunately for us there are a lot of teams in the same boat.

It would be ironic if we miss the 8 because of a 12 point differential deficit because of the ref and bunker blunders in the knights game

I don't see this happening I see us finishing well out of the 8 but this is the Warriors team anything is possible...