General 2019 Warriors Top 8

Akuma_81

Akuma_81

I think we should put the bed the whole Origin period where the Warriors get going. We might get a few wins when the opposition are missing a few players but hitting form to close out the season is no longer true.

The Cleary years it might have been the case where we would get going towards the end of the year. No it's more likely a small period before closing out the season on a losing streak when our finals hope are gone.
Exactly right. We had strong finishes in 2007-2008 and 2010-2011 to finish in the lower 8, and 4th in 2007. Last year we really limped home and would have struggled to make it if it wasn't for the 5-0 start.
The whole Warriors winning through the origin period is over rated, and as you say is usually against weakened opposition. Just look at this season where we struggled to beat a severely depleted Newcastle team.
Inexplicably poor finishes to the season have been so costly and highlights the lack of stamina and concentration required to succeed in the NRL.

Reactions: 2 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Still a chance according to NRL.com lol

New Zealand Warriors (13th, 19 points)
Best finish: 8th

Worst finish: 15th

Run home: Rabbitohs, Raiders

The Warriors remain a mathematical chance for an eighth-place finish but will need several results to go their way while beating the Rabbitohs and Raiders over the next fortnight by big margins.

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Still a chance according to NRL.com lol

New Zealand Warriors (13th, 19 points)
Best finish: 8th

Worst finish: 15th

Run home: Rabbitohs, Raiders

The Warriors remain a mathematical chance for an eighth-place finish but will need several results to go their way while beating the Rabbitohs and Raiders over the next fortnight by big margins.

Just need to beat the rabbits and raiders by 20points each, have the Broncos lose to the Bulldogs and Eels by 20 points each, Panthers lose to the Roosters and Knights, Knights lose to the Titans, while the Tigers lose to the Dragons and Sharks..

lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
95forever

95forever

Just need to beat the rabbits and raiders by 20points each, have the Broncos lose to the Bulldogs and Eels by 20 points each, Panthers lose to the Roosters and Knights, Knights lose to the Titans, while the Tigers lose to the Dragons and Sharks..

lol
I don't know you but can you please go in your backyard and give yourself 5 uppercuts if you think there is a snowball chance in hell we get near 8th spot. Unless "ya know" releases the fury of Ayshford on the Rabbits with 7 to go we will be lucky to finish 14th.

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

I don't know you but can you please go in your backyard and give yourself 5 uppercuts if you think there is a snowball chance in hell we get near 8th spot. Unless "ya know" releases the fury of Ayshford on the Rabbits with 7 to go we will be lucky to finish 14th.

Lighten up buddy, the lol should make it pretty obvious that I'm not being serious.

• Haha
snake77

snake77

Even if all of that did happen we'd probably beat Souths by 20 and the Raiders by 19 and end up 1 point short on for and against. This club is destined to break our hearts.

I don't agree with Blocker Roach very often. As my uncle would say he's as thick as two blanks. But Roach stated a few weeks back if you are relying on mathematical equations your pretty much as good as done.

I had given up on the finals mid season that 6 week period where we were competitive offered some hope but it didn't end with wins only close losses.

• Haha