General 2019 Warriors Membership Thread

bruce

Contributor
I’d imagine you would prefer to have prime seats in a sold-out stadium, then an empty stadium.
That is about the only merit I can give his reply.
From what I could see in October most of the really good seats had gone, so anybody getting a good price now is not getting the best of seats. Also unless they get in early next year they won't be getting those good seats again.
Anybody else see it that way?

Reactions: 1 user
That is about the only merit I can give his reply.
From what I could see in October most of the really good seats had gone, so anybody getting a good price now is not getting the best of seats. Also unless they get in early next year they won't be getting those good seats again.
Anybody else see it that way?
fair call Bruce and I see it the same, but still not happy after 21 consecutive years in the same seats they are giving away free kids to new members and we get jack shit for being, wait for it, LOYAL!

Reactions: 3 users

bruce

Contributor
fair call Bruce and I see it the same, but still not happy after 21 consecutive years in the same seats they are giving away free kids to new members and we get jack shit for being, wait for it, LOYAL!
Not trying to argue with you, I get your point loud and clear...but you don't get jack shit, you get really good seats, which IMO are worth way more than others that they are charging the same price for.

I don't know whether that is an accident, or intentional, it is hard to know with George, but if they have any sort of season this year I reckon those good seats will sell like hot cakes next October.

Reactions: 1 users

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Not trying to argue with you, I get your point loud and clear...but you don't get jack shit, you get really good seats, which IMO are worth way more than others that they are charging the same price for.

I don't know whether that is an accident, or intentional, it is hard to know with George, but if they have any sort of season this year I reckon those good seats will sell like hot cakes next October.
I don't think its intentional. Simply a drive for new members.

When I first became a member I did it on a two for one deal in the South Stand. Im happy to see new members get a deal like I did. The hardest thing is roping them in. Once they are in the system it makes it so much easier to keep them there...

Reactions: 6 users

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
C8BB3611-DF89-40D4-A69B-D8F5BE2679E4.jpeg
My away membership arrived today -hat included ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Unfortunately promotional drives to increase membership will upset some people.

I look at it another way. More bums on seats will allow the club maintain prices for everybody, this may even spill over to merchandise and food and drink prices at games.

Longer term everybody benefits.

My lanyard and card arrived today... no cap.

The lanyard and membership are the most pointless things to send out to an away member as they are of no use....don’t know why they bother. I only wanted the cap. Guess I’m waiting till the new year!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yep mine has just arrived and yep no cap .Asked when I renewed and was told cap was included .Disapponting. :(

Last edited:

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Strange u away guys didn’t get the cap, I’ve got the away membership and got both the cap and the lanyard( as Wellington Warrior Wellington Warrior said I don’t see the point of it) in the same pack- any comms that the cap is coming seperate?

Strange u away guys didn’t get the cap, I’ve got the away membership and got both the cap and the lanyard( as Wellington Warrior Wellington Warrior said I don’t see the point of it) in the same pack- any comms that the cap is coming seperate?
Can I ask how much that you paid for your membership . Last year paid $59 got sticker lanyard cap etc . This year only $30 but told no stickers etc but cap included :(

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Can I ask how much that you paid for your membership . Last year paid $59 got sticker lanyard cap etc . This year only $30 but told no stickers etc but cap included :(

Pretty sure it was $30- I remember thinking it’s what you’d likely pay for the cap anyway

There was a promotion running on the Warriors Facebook page for a cap if you renewed for that day only
I renewed the day that the away memberships became available.Disappointed plus it took nearly a month for a large envelope to come with a lanyard and a letter and no cap .:(

Reactions: 2 users

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I renewed the day that the away memberships became available.Disappointed plus it took nearly a month for a large envelope to come with a lanyard and a letter and no cap .:(

Likewise I renewed as soon as I got the email, seems weird that they were offering hats as bonuses to other members when they haven’t looked after the members where it’s part of their pack...