General 2019 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise thread

After the 2019 season would you like the Warriors logo

• to keep the blue green moko (w/o the 25th reference)

• to return to the black and grey

Results are only viewable after voting.

warriors4eva

i know everyone likes the 95 colours, but we do have 95 throw backs every couple of years

this years heritage for example

in saying that, id be happy for that to be our no.1 jersey

is this the year we get away from the 3 year cycle and change it up completely ???

warriors4eva

Seen the range and fans will like it IMO. CCC are monitoring sites so not going to be leaking anything. Range will drop soon enough. As posted its usually mid November. Always in time for Christmas...

yip and 5 minutes after they are released bloody DH Gate will have them for $26

Akuma_81

Akuma_81

The 3 year mandatory jersey cycle was reduced to 2 years a few years ago, and I believe teams can change their away jerseys every season now. The last 3 year cycle jersey we had was 2012-2014. Since then the fern jersey was only used for 2 seasons, and the faded chevrons of 2017-2018 have finished up too.
There will be brand new home and away jerseys for 2019.

Reactions: 2 users
Akuma_81

Akuma_81

Also a new 'Telstra Premiership' logo is to be released this Thursday I believe. It will be on all the 2019 jerseys.

Reactions: 1 user
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Also a new 'Telstra Premiership' logo is to be released this Thursday I believe. It will be on all the 2019 jerseys.
Are we going to be forced to wear the new green logo? Or will we continue with a grey and black NZ exclusive logo again?

The new NRL logo i mean

Akuma_81

Akuma_81

Are we going to be forced to wear the new green logo? Or will we continue with a grey and black NZ exclusive logo again?

The new NRL logo i mean

Not sure exactly what colour our logo will be, but the logo itself is pretty basic!
Upload 2018 10 15 15 7 28

Reactions: 2 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

This is supposed to be next years NRL logo. Im hoping we wont have to wear the green logo, but with all symbols of Australia removed, we may not get out own Kiwi version anymore.

NRL logo2019

eric

eric

Warriors just posted these on their Instagram page. Could be a sign we’re going back to original colours???

1C5A8714 EBA8 4C3B AE62 8DDD69128A08
FCB19879 9031 4CD4 A3B9 5CCCAAC16BBA

Reactions: 5 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

There's a little video that shows a tiny bit of the jersey with the vodafone visible.

Pretty damn keen to see the actual jersey!

Reactions: 1 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

So they are going with the green of DB Bitter too.

Note the heart colours along with #WeAreWarriors. Blue, red and green.

Not sold on it. We should be harking back to the beginning of the New Zealand Warriors, not the Auckland Warriors, in my personal opinion. The Auckland Warriors is a defunct franchise. Auckland Rugby League bought the New Zealand Warriors, and should continue THAT legacy.

If this is just for a heritage or 25 years jersey, then its fine, but returning permanently to the colours of the failed franchise is wrong.

eric

eric

I like the old colours and i'm keen to see how these look... but going off the video and the above photo of Roger, I'm not sure they've hit the mark.

The red collar & red DB Bitter text looked good on the old jersey. Obviously there's no collars on new jerseys so maybe they've decided to leave red off, meaning they had to go with white for the Vodafone text. could be wrong though.

Just doesn't look as good imo.

Still looking forward to the reveal though

bruce

bruce

Contributor
So they are going with the green of DB Bitter too.

Note the heart colours along with #WeAreWarriors. Blue, red and green.

Not sold on it. We should be harking back to the beginning of the New Zealand Warriors, not the Auckland Warriors, in my personal opinion. The Auckland Warriors is a defunct franchise. Auckland Rugby League bought the New Zealand Warriors, and should continue THAT legacy.

If this is just for a heritage or 25 years jersey, then its fine, but returning permanently to the colours of the failed franchise is wrong.
I agree with you on the green 100%. It had nothing to do with league, it was a horrible beer from a failing brewery. As for the Auckland rugby league I totally disagree. They only changed the name to match the NZ Rugby League, nothing more.
Personally I don't believe in bad luck, and if I was an artistic type I might like the green, but it still scares me.

eric

eric

They’re pretty smart though in all honesty.

The 90s/early 00’s revival thing has been huge over the last 5 or so years.

People are always after the Starter jackets and Nike bits.

Hopefully they do some similar stuff to those pieces.

Reactions: 3 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I agree with you on the green 100%. It had nothing to do with league, it was a horrible beer from a failing brewery. As for the Auckland rugby league I totally disagree. They only changed the name to match the NZ Rugby League, nothing more.
Personally I don't believe in bad luck, and if I was an artistic type I might like the green, but it still scares me.
Thats completely incorrect. If you check back, the Auckland Warriors went bust. The franchise was given or sold to the New Zealand Warriors. It was not a rename of a failing business. The franchise was shut down and taken by another business.

In effect, there is as little connection as there was with the Titans and the previous Sea Gulls, Chargers, Giants, or Gladiators.

Reactions: 1 users
Chats271

Chats271

Im into it, I have a feeling it may be similar to the heritage jersey from this year with a few tweaks which Im not mad about!!

Reactions: 3 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Thats completely incorrect. If you check back, the Auckland Warriors went bust
Yes they did, that is no secret. However the main reason for the name change was because it was owned by the NZRL, for a while. It was no big deal, but it was a big fuckup, as we all know.