Internationals 2019 Oceania Cup

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

So did Lavinia just call Tonga tier 2 nation? And how do Aussie win? We thrashed Tonga by 40 and lost to Aussie by 20.

Dixpat

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
How does this Cup work?

Australia play both Tonga & NZ win 1 lose 1 but win on points differential
Tonga only plays Australia and wins
Nz only play Australia and loses

Only a league administrator could have thought this up - the only unbeaten team doesn’t win the cup

Reactions: Tragic
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
How does this Cup work?

Only a league administrator could have thought this up - the only unbeaten team doesn’t win the cup
We played Tonga in July (?).

Reactions: bruce and Big_Fattz
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

How does this Cup work?

There were other games mid season. We thrashed Tonga.

Reactions: brightman
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Who cares ... Tonga just won the hearts of RL fans throughout the world
I care. I play to win. And really you can't take the international game seriously when GB and Aussie call the shots. Good on Tonga. Feliz navidad.

But clearly the comp needs to be better organized and fairly officiated. And better marketed. Nobody even remembered the state of the comp today. I can't remember playing Samoa or Fiji. Did it even happen?

It's great that Tonga is doing well. But Samoa is suffering.

And why was NZ punished because NAS defended his Storm mates on holiday? Storm were conveniently unpunished because he can count our games. Such bs.

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Essentially I am saying Aussie rigs the game so that their broadcaster gets maximum profit and meanwhile they couldn't give a fuck about culture or other nations. I think the next step is for their indigenous to take part in the tournament. See how good they are then.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Who cares ... Tonga just won the hearts of RL fans throughout the world
Heyzeuss spare me. I come back from quite an experience and hear this shite.

They were not Tonga. They were a bunch of professionals with various degrees of Tongan ancestry.

None of them live or play in Tonga, most were not even born there, some are not even full Tongan.

However it was an unforgettable experience for me. The Tongan fans were just amazing. I thought the English fans were the best in the world, I take that back, the Tongans are.

The Eden Park Trust Board must be wetting their pants, that has to be the biggest crowd all year apart from the All Blacks.

Now the Tongans are back in Pool B. That is what happens when Australians get involved. They will be farking livid about what happened tonight. This bollocks was supposed to make money and weaken the Koiwois, not to have our Kangaroos pants down and rogered. Don't come the raw prawn with me son.

Also the Poms would have been sore tonight after the game last week, so I reckon the Kiwis had better up the effort next week.

Now how do players as useless as Hurrell and Lolohea take part in a display like that, and it was a display ladies and jellybeans, have no doubt about that. That is what happens when a 25000 crowd gets behind you, singing and cheering non stop, and you also have some top ex Kangaroos and Kiwis in your side. Go figure it out, because the ARL will be for sure.