playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Based on form alone;
Foran and Benji would be the 2 best performing halves?

Billy Teets James

Ah yes the year 2000- our 2 biggest ever losses to Australia- those were the days.
Tbh we probably have more depth in the halves now than we've ever had.
Broken Shaun Johnson. Young & inexperienced, Plus broken Dylan Brown. Kodi "Mr Fixit, suited to no real position" Nikorima. Te Maire "Reserve Grade" Martin.....Might have more depth. But right now, it doesn't equate to quality.

Benji is our form half. That says a lot.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Broken Shaun Johnson. Young & inexperienced, Plus broken Dylan Brown. Kodi "Mr Fixit, suited to no real position" Nikorima. Te Maire "Reserve Grade" Martin.....Might have more depth. But right now, it doesn't equate to quality.

Benji is our form half. That says a lot.

Point me to a time when we've had five first choice nrl halves to choose from.
I for one am glad we won't have to fly someone over from England, call up a reserve grader, play someone out of position or pretend some average Aussie had a kiwi grand mother.
I think nostalgia is getting the better of some.

Last edited:

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Bloody sad state of affairs. Remember the days when we had Stacey and the Pauls,
We’ve struggled with halves playing the likes of Talau, Vagana, Harris, Hiku, Issac Johns in at 6 or 7. I still believe that right now Benji and Foran are our two best players , average age of 31+ years.

Stuff it, Bring back Tony Kemp !

Billy Teets James

Point me to a time when we've had five first choice nrl halves to choose from.
I for one am glad we won't have to fly someone over from England, call up a reserve grader, play someone out of position or pretend some average Aussie had a kiwi grand mother.
I think nostalgia is getting the better of some.
At present......Like now....You think we have 5 Nrl quality halves? :rolleyes: Lets be honest, Kodi is a utility player. And his best position would be hooker long term. But will probably fill the position for the Kiwis. Scratch Martins name off the list. He is a reserve grader. Dylan could be the next big thing. But he has hardly played 1st grade. He is currently injured. So I will withhold judgement on the young fulla till he gets a few more seasons under his belt.
Foran is busted. Shaun Johnson is in the same boat.

We have 2, Realistically, We have Nikorima & Marshall to call on. 2.....

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
At present......Like now....You think we have 5 Nrl quality halves? :rolleyes: Lets be honest, Kodi is a utility player. And his best position would be hooker long term. But will probably fill the position for the Kiwis. Scratch Martins name off the list. He is a reserve grader. Dylan could be the next big thing. But he has hardly played 1st grade. He is currently injured. So I will withhold judgement on the young fulla till he gets a few more seasons under his belt.
Foran is busted. Shaun Johnson is in the same boat.

We have 2, Realistically, We have Nikorima & Marshall to call on. 2.....

Foran is in good form- have u been watching him?
Shaun Johnson is expected back this week.
Benji is having his best year in a long time.
Nikorima is a first choice half here just as he was at the broncos.
Brown is a first choice at parra with massive wraps.
5 first choice nrl halves- that's fact.
And that's without having to look at guys like Jerome hughs and te Marie Martin (who would both be starters for the Tongan team btw).

Last edited:

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Bolters for me would be outstanding St George wing Jordan Pereira,Raiders CNK,Sharks Briton Nikora.
long shots with big impact Sharks Braden Uele and Tiger Josh aloiai

I'd say nikora would be the most likely- especially if Shaun Johnson plays- that combo was looking lethal before Shaun Johnson done his hammy.
Team them on the right edge with Joey manu and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak- plenty of strike there.

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
Bolters for me would be outstanding St George wing Jordan Pereira,Raiders CNK,Sharks Briton Nikora.
long shots with big impact Sharks Braden Uele and Tiger Josh aloiai

But where would you put CNK?

The Cooks have a WC qualifier on the Friday of that weekend against Sth Africa. The winner then plays the US for the final WC spot.

Don't know who the coach is but the Kukis could look something like

CNK
Paul Ulberg
Reubenn Rennie
Geoff Daniela
Kayal Iro
Takairangi
Troy Dargan
Tetevano
Aaron Teroi
Molo
Glenn
Niukore
Moeroa

Moses Noovao-McGreal
Reuben Porter
John Puna
Vincent Rennie

The WC team could include Gelling, Napa, Kenny Edwards and maybe even Rapana.

Last edited:

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Just saying if you could train Jahrome Hughes to play a hooking role giving Brandon Smith a short rest, he'd be the perfect number 14.....can play every position in the backline well.....im sure he'd manage it, he's one of those rarities.....a "smart" Kiwi player. He'd be my utility in any Kiwi team selected.

Time to get on the Kiwi's waka, cause the Warriors have well n truly sunk!

CHURCUZ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2017
Just saying if you could train Jahrome Hughes to play a hooking role giving Brandon Smith a short rest, he'd be the perfect number 14.....can play every position in the backline well.....im sure he'd manage it, he's one of those rarities.....a "smart" Kiwi player. He'd be my utility in any Kiwi team selected.

Time to get on the Kiwi's waka, cause the Warriors have well n truly sunk!
He'll be in the squad!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings