mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
ROUND 8

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Big game this weekend for both the Broncos and the Warriors . Brisbane appear to be hitting their straps with their forwards providing go forward. Home advantage will help the Warriors and I’m sure Nikorima will b3 out to play a blinder. I’m looking forward to it.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I thought it was interesting that if the warriors had won the storm game, given the score before the error, it wouldn't have advanced the warriors position at all.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The ladders pretty sad viewing compared to last year. All of the talk about improving our starts to the year have been short lived.
Actually it isn't sad at all.

On points differential, which usually shows to be the correct measure we are one place below where we should be i.e.12th instead of 11th.

Also, our differential has us only 5 points (and one win) behind the Eels in 8th position.

I don't think we are top eight material, but who knows what could happen. This is a very even competition.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
... I preferred last year when we were first for a while 😉
Going on memory...and that would have been when we beat St George, but our points differential was different to our position for much of last season until we ended up where we deserved to be. The Cowboys are the imposters so far.

Reactions: Worried2Death

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Going on memory...and that would have been when we beat St George, but our points differential was different to our position for much of last season until we ended up where we deserved to be. The Cowboys are the imposters so far.
I agree there is value to judging by the points differential but i feel its more just an indication of your general position on the ladder.

Across a season, periods of form, injuries, origin, etc can mean a team can get points put on them or not score points, that is out of proportion to the quality of the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worried2Death

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
Actually it isn't sad at all.

On points differential, which usually shows to be the correct measure we are one place below where we should be i.e.12th instead of 11th.

Also, our differential has us only 5 points (and one win) behind the Eels in 8th position.

I don't think we are top eight material, but who knows what could happen. This is a very even competition.

After how much we have been written off, it's hard to believe that we probably would be sitting in 8th had we won one of these games : Rabbitohs, Cowboys, Storm or Broncos.

With the top three teams hogging all the wins, it's going to create a very even competition from 4th down to say 12th at the end of the year. Could be some surprises and points differential will become very important.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I agree there is value to judging by the points differential but i feel its more just an indication of your general position on the ladder.
I have posed this before, just wait until the end of the season and look at the positions and differentials. Try looking at the EPL as well. Works just the same there Not always 100%, but more often than not it is. This season is not over yet.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I have posed this before, just wait until the end of the season and look at the positions and differentials. Try looking at the EPL as well. Works just the same there Not always 100%, but more often than not it is. This season is not over yet.
Look at the last US elections... Clinton won on for and against; Trumps the president 🤔

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
I wasn't joking. I was deadly serious. The season isn't over yet. Stats do not lie.
Had a peek at our draw yet? We have probably had the softest draw to date out of any NRL team.

All our wins have come against the bottom 4 teams on the ladder right now:
Bulldogs (16)
Titans (14)
Dragons (13)
Panthers (15)

We might jag a win or two against top 8 teams as injuries/origin make their impact felt for other teams, but it wont be enough to make the 8. Not trying to be a downer, but realistic.

If we wanted to have a realisitic chance at making the 8, we needed a solid opening to the season. That starting draw was a great opportunity to build some momentum and confidence coming into the first bye. We didnt, because we kept rewarding mediocrity and having blind faith, well now its a little too late.

Look at our draw from Round 16 onwards. Not sure where the wins are going to come from.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Had a peek at our draw yet? We have probably had the softest draw to date out of any NRL team.

All our wins have come against the bottom 4 teams on the ladder right now:
Bulldogs (16)
Titans (14)
Dragons (13)
Panthers (15)

We might jag a win or two against top 8 teams as injuries/origin make their impact felt for other teams, but it wont be enough to make the 8. Not trying to be a downer, but realistic.

If we wanted to have a realisitic chance at making the 8, we needed a solid opening to the season. That starting draw was a great opportunity to build some momentum and confidence coming into the first bye. We didnt, because we kept rewarding mediocrity and having blind faith, well now its a little too late.
Fair comment, but we did actually almost beat the Storm (2) at home, and apart from the Rorters and Souths this is a very even competition. I cannot recall that many teams so close on points differential around the eight.

Also as sick as that performance looked on Saturday the Broncs have the best defence in the comp, and although we attacked poorly we aren't going to do that every game. My guess is the top five are sorted, the rest is up for grabs.

This season is not over yet, as much as I would like to say it so I could give up watching them. :rolleyes:

Just saying like.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings