General 2019 Members Forum

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

This is the Warriors. There is always a possibility it can get worse.

Yeah, I see you too subscribe to Frank Endacott, Shane Endacott theory of self perpetual doom. As in just when you don't think coach can get any worse he brings in his fucking kids ! Adam Blair is clearly son Stephen Kearney wished he had ... ☹️

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

"The elephants are restless tonight" - Gerard Depardeu.

I dont know how to make that relevant to the Warriors but elephant shit is a recurrent theme around here for some reason and now it's spreading to rooms all over Penrith and Brisbane.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

I came on this forum the other night to see if there was any info on rumored player signings and instead got some commentary on Mother Teresa.

Tonight I'm getting elephant turds.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
snake77

snake77

I came on this forum the other night to see if there was any info on rumored player signings and instead got some commentary on Mother Teresa.

Tonight I'm getting elephant turds.
We do our best to please but we can't please all the people all the time, sometimes you just start talking shit. Sounds like some of the management were the other not to, that last bit is me staying on topic.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Stacey Jones.
The Warriors not being taken at all seriously in Australia for far too long.
Luck.
And the Bulldogs having all their points deducted for Salary Cap breaches.
Different style of attack, different rules etc.

Is what I'd add and probably what they'd say.

And we still had crap players during that period. It's not like the whole team was Damn Good.

Did anyone give them a bollocking for not having a Plan B for anyone leaving early ala Shaun Johnson? AK or Chanel Harris-Tavita may one day be the new Shaun Johnson, but they needed a better option on hand.
Did anyone even give them a bollocking for how they handled that situation?
The Warriors being taken seriously? They were still shit scared of the talent base here.
Stacey had been in FG since 1995
Kevin Campion was the only piece of Luck.
The Bulldogs FFS. So we got second then. When was the last time we got second :rolleyes: Sheesh...some people:wtf:
Plan B. These guys had Plan C,D,E,...oh I give up. According to Ivan Cleary they spent most of their training sessions on skills. The rest he left to Warrior Ball. Hello SK were these guys winners or not?
Rules, style of play...same as all the other clubs including Melbourne.

OK it all blew apart because of Mad Mick Watson driving everybody including Daniel Anderson mad, but this was a very good team, and with Cliff Beverly in it, a nice guy but he came straight from Fox so copped a lot of stick.

and Brian Smith sucked me into believing they need another three years. I hang my head in total shame. :oops: :oops:

Just saying like.

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

Well this members forum seems like the total opposite from last year. Backing up after last years results would of been a lot more fun compared to this year. Also highlights how bad things have been this year.

Last year we had talk of pushing of building off 2019 and pushing for a title in 2020. Now I'd say for 2020 we would be looking at a similar season to 2019.

Some of the talk about players not training right or problems with the game plans sound like they got in a circle before the forum and discussed how they are going to explain such a poor season and that's the best they could come up with.

Players not training hard enough or problems with the game plan should all be aimed at the coach. This was the guy who was supposed to expect high standards, everyone needed to be above the line. Here we are 3 years into his reign and we have similar issues to when he first arrived with a roster he's built. Sounds like excuses.

I can understand getting the pathways right and building a strong junior base etc. But we still shouldn't need to wait x amount of years. This is professional sport you are judged on results. We are in a competition that has a big recruitment market, yes we have issues with getting marque players from Australia we should still be able to recruit well enough to get a side that plays for 80 and earns respect while we build the levels underneath.

Reactions: 15 users
Tragic

Tragic

I thought he wanted 4 years but we gave him 3. Thats just a bummer, I can see now why we need 3 more years before we will be any good.

• Haha
snake77

snake77

The main thing from the forum that sums up this club is the whole we have 4 slots available no 2. Even our management can't get their numbers right.

• Haha

Onewarrior

I thought he wanted 4 years but we gave him 3. Thats just a bummer, I can see now why we need 3 more years before we will be any good.
Too true, he’s like a millstone round our neck(not sure how big a millstone is meant to be, just know the meaning of the saying is that it’s a heavy burden you have to carry lol)

• Haha
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
The main thing from the forum that sums up this club is the whole we have 4 slots available no 2. Even our management can't get their numbers right.

To free up $$$, why don’t we give players the option to leave? Even if we still continue to part of their salaries, it’ll give us extra cash and at the same time get rid of the lazy trainers ( if they’re the issue).

I’d still like a new coach but won’t happen.

The Falcon

The Falcon

They will move a couple of contracted players along in the next couple of months freeing up some spots.
In a case of reverse strategy are our expectations for 2020 purposely being dulled to try and then get the team to over achieve .... and finish 10th🤦🏽‍♂️

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Season tickets are going up by 20% next year too! It’ll be a hard sell.
I’ve already told them that I’ll make a call on the new year.

• Haha
Tragic

Tragic

Wheres Grevus? I need to read something positive, this team is bumming me out.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor

Player option means he gets 4 yrs anyway?

This makes no sense.

Shouldn’t it be the club option for the 4th??????

warriors55

warriors55

Player option means he gets 4 yrs anyway?

This makes no sense.

Shouldn’t it be the club option for the 4th??????

I guess the 4th year is Blair's choice which doesn't surprise me knowing our club.
Let's just hope he does the right thing and doesn't take up the 4th year option.

Or hopefully he is put in reserve grade next year and then signs an ESL contract and f**ks off!
Seems to work with many other players that clubs don't want.

But the problem is that Kearney probably does still want him!