General 2019 Members Forum

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Ok they fluked a genuine forward leader in Kevin Campion, but also they had a nucleus of absolute young stars e.g Ali Lauititi that Mark Graham had groomed. All the rest of it was hard work from Anderson, especially basic skills.
We are missing a forward leader.

Reactions: 2 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

It was Blake Green who mentioned it.
My interpretation is that it is the last little bit of effort in training during the weeks that counts. That hardens the attitude, every sportsman knows that, or should.
So I don't know that it is Corvo who is at fault. If a player has a shite lazy mental attitude he cannot change that. Just look at the champion clubs that do so much better than us right now , Brisbane and Penrith :rolleyes: , look at the millions that have been poured into their development but where are they on the ladder:rolleyes:?
I can tell you one thing they have in common with us, and the Blues, it sticks out like dogs balls.
Then just keep clearing the deck untill that lightbulb moment.

Reactions: 1 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
This makes me sad also, at least he's off contract after next year.
The reality is, sadly, that another year like this and the club might be stuffed...I say might and hope that I am wrong.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

So I don't know that it is Corvo who is at fault. If a player has a shite lazy mental attitude he cannot change that. Just look at the champion clubs that do so much better than us right now , Brisbane and Penrith :rolleyes: , look at the millions that have been poured into their development but where are they on the ladder:rolleyes:?
I can tell you one thing they have in common with us, and the Blues, it sticks out like dogs balls.
Go on then Brucey, what's the connection? I thought elephant turds was a reference to our South Auckland Poly boys not doing the 1%ers because they grow up squashing skinny white boys like ants so they never have to try as hard. I can say it because I'm a 16th Maori so I'm not a racist, but what does it have to do with Brissy and Penrith, because they're full of Polynesians or something?

Last edited:
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Go on then Brucey, what's the connection? I thought elephant turds was a reference to our South Auckland Poly boys not doing the 1%ers because they grow up squashing skinny white boys like ants so they never have to try as hard. I can say it because I'm a 16th Maori so I'm not racist, but what does it have to do with Brissy and Penrith, because they're full of Polynesians or something?
I didn't say that. The elephant turds, I repeat for the millionth time is signing outstanding athletes without checking their ticker. Are Polynesians outstanding athletes? Do they automatically have outstanding ticker? Go figure. By the time they have got to FG and show lack of ticker it is a bit late to complain about it. The recruiting was wrong before they started.

Pozza

Pozza

It was Blake Green who mentioned it.
My interpretation is that it is the last little bit of effort in training during the weeks that counts. That hardens the attitude, every sportsman knows that, or should.
Those damn Elephants are at it again !

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

HTF did Daniel Anderson turn this club around from being an absolute disaster and a sick joke in 2000 to a minor premiership in 2002?

Stacey Jones.
The Warriors not being taken at all seriously in Australia for far too long.
Luck.
And the Bulldogs having all their points deducted for Salary Cap breaches.
Different style of attack, different rules etc.

Is what I'd add and probably what they'd say.

And we still had crap players during that period. It's not like the whole team was Damn Good.

Did anyone give them a bollocking for not having a Plan B for anyone leaving early ala Shaun Johnson? AK or Chanel Harris-Tavita may one day be the new Shaun Johnson, but they needed a better option on hand.
Did anyone even give them a bollocking for how they handled that situation?

Reactions: 1 users