• 9-10

• 11-12

• 13-15

• Wooden Spoon

Results are only viewable after voting.
DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

Everyone knows me as being Mr Positive.

What I know is: If we win at least 6 out of our first 10 games, we always makes the Finals - That's going on Stats.

2: It only takes a run of wins for the team to get much needed confidence up, and start to believe. Then it'll change Stephen Kearney's coaching stats. He won't be considered the worst coach in the NRL. Imagine if he gets the team firing for the next two years or so. What will that do to this forum? It won't be so septic.

Let's go Warriors. They CAN and WILL do it. It starts 2018.

LET'S DO THIS.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

WarriorBall

What I know is: If we win at least 6 out of our first 10 games, we always makes the Finals - That's going on Stats.

2: It only takes a run of wins for the team to get much needed confidence up, and start to believe. Then it'll change Stephen Kearney's coaching stats. He won't be considered the worst coach in the NRL. Imagine if he gets the team firing for the next two years or so. What will that do to this forum? It won't be so septic.

LET'S DO THIS.

C'mon man this thread's for stone kickers, we don't need your positivity lifting the tone around here alright ... okay then.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Raw Power

Raw Power

When I look at replays of the good Warriors sides of the past... straight away I can see a big difference in the speed and attitude of application... players actually look like they know what they are doing, WANT to be there... WANTING to win a game of football. You can see a team of blokes with Energy and Skill, determination ALL working tirelessly in every moment of the game! WTF happened?

I have looked at the season draw and usually after seeing it, I'll get on the net and book flights and accommodation in Canberra, Sydney, Townsville and the Gold Coast... but this year I just don't feel the need to. (okay maybe drive down to the Gold Coast for the seasons highlight where we turn up to play)

Don't get me wrong I will watch every game on TV... in HOPE

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Im more into it this year, we have moved on players who in my mind added very little to the team. Players who just turned up for their pay check.players like Mutts that we all knew didn't want to be here. Finally a year were the coach has been able to buy in players he wanted. we have one of the best fitness guru's.
So for me it's a going to be a great year.
Only thing is we are playing in the hardest comps in the world and teams like last years wooden spooners have brought well in the off season as well.
I think at seasons end we will be in 6th on the ladder.
Just not sure if we can go all the way in 2018

Dunedin warrior

The main positive for this season is that Kearney has signed exactly the sort of players that he likes and players that will fit his preferred style of play.

Kearney's judgement and game plan are questionable to me as is having the best chance of a rebuild for the next year in the hands of a coach with a 27% win record. Still if everything clicks 7-8th is possible.

Reactions: 2 users

dean

I see an improvement on last season but still not in the eight. We just don't have the players. Ownership is up in the air and the coach is on shaky ground. We start the season on a nine match losing streak, that has to be broken in the first or second game or they will believe they are losers.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brownstone

C'mon man this thread's for stone kickers, we don't need your positivity lifting the tone around here alright ... okay then.
Stone kicker translates to pragmatist for those of us with a sense of history

• Haha
fizurg

fizurg

We finish 14. Kearney fired by round 20. Jones to take over. For the rest of the season and 2019
Jones struggles with the squad of uninspiring players left to him by Kearney.
He gets given some slack for it but by the end of 2019 his star has faded and we are on the look for a new coach.

• Haha

WarriorBall

Look I get it, you come on here for the comedy - I never quite got why you found my anti-Foran posts so damn funny around this time a year ago however each to their own ;)

I was just thinking, I wonder how long until he slips “Foran” back into one of his posts :)

Fair play mate and seriously fans have every right to feel aggrieved by the performance of this club and if you feel they’ll likely finish with the wooden spoon I’m not going to argue with you.

• Sad

Mr Brownstone

I was just thinking, I wonder how long until he slips “Foran” back into one of his posts :)

Fair play mate and seriously fans have every right to feel aggrieved by the performance of this club and if you feel they’ll likely finish with the wooden spoon I’m not going to argue with you.
I'm fairly predictable aye; to be honest I am much happier about the team now that he's moved on. I was a serious Warriors optimist up until about a year ago and I plan to be an optimist again because thinking your team sucks is not fun at all.

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

We finish 14. Kearney fired by round 20. Jones to take over. For the rest of the season and 2019
Jones struggles with the squad of uninspiring players left to him by Kearney.
He gets given some slack for it but by the end of 2019 his star has faded and we are on the look for a new coach.
If this scenario plays out Iro will be coach
But I think we have recruited well ,an cut out a fair amount
Of deadwood ,I'm happy we have gone away from quick fixes
An superstar signings .Any way I'm staying optimistic an hope
The boys go well

Reactions: 1 users

kabkram

LET'S DO THIS.
Couldn't agree with you more we win six of the first ten and we're making the finals.
BUTT and it's a big one is where the hell are those 6 wins going to come from? Here's our first 10 games, I can see us realistically only winning 3, at a stretch maybe 5.
ROUND ONE Rabbitohs vs. Warriors Perth Stadium LOSS

ROUND TWO Warriors vs. Titans Mt Smart Stadium WIN

ROUND THREE Raiders vs. Warriors GIO Stadium LOSS

ROUND FOUR Roosters vs. Warriors Allianz Stadium LOSS

ROUND FIVE Warriors vs. Cowboys Mt Smart Stadium LOSS

ROUND SIX Warriors vs. Broncos Mt Smart Stadium LOSS

ROUND SEVEN Warriors vs. Dragons Mt Smart Stadium WIN

ROUND EIGHT Storm vs. Warriors AAMI Park LOSS

ROUND NINE Warriors vs. Tigers Mt Smart Stadium WIN

ROUND TEN Warriors vs. Roosters Mt Smart Stadium LOSS

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Sportsbet odds have us 14th equal - or last equal depending on what spin you want to put on things. Seems logical at this point as other than Harris, we have signed bludgers or cripples. However from memory the last time we went into a season with such low public expectation might have been 2001 when we ended up doing pretty well. Who knows, perhaps we go ok.
Great post brother.
Things in common with 2001
We got a new owner and rid of one.:D
We lost two props - Joe Vagana and Terry Hermanson and a dropkick over rated half - John Simon
We signed an outstanding forward, genuine tough bastard and new captain from the Broncos Kevin Campion
We had a guy called (Rohan) Smith in the coaching team;)
Differences with 2001
We got an outstanding new coach who scared the beheyzeuss out of the locals to the extent they start arriving to training on time and while there drilled them in rugby league skills until they were senseless.:eek:
We had a wild mad bastard who scared the shite out of the opposition - Richard Villisanti
We had a freak talent in Ali Lauitiiti, the likes of we have never seen again and who gave the term Warrior ball a whole new meaning.
We had a side stacked with talent from the front row to fullback.
The only player of Tongan descent was the said Richard Villisanti, and he wasn't even full blooded at that.

Just saying like ladies and jellybeans I think 14th is a pretty realistic expectation.:(

Mr Brownstone

Couldn't agree with you more we win six of the first ten and we're making the finals.
BUTT and it's a big one is where the hell are those 6 wins going to come from? Here's our first 10 games, I can see us realistically only winning 3, at a stretch maybe 5.
ROUND ONE Rabbitohs vs. Warriors Perth Stadium LOSS

ROUND TWO Warriors vs. Titans Mt Smart Stadium WIN

ROUND THREE Raiders vs. Warriors GIO Stadium LOSS

ROUND FOUR Roosters vs. Warriors Allianz Stadium LOSS

ROUND FIVE Warriors vs. Cowboys Mt Smart Stadium LOSS

ROUND SIX Warriors vs. Broncos Mt Smart Stadium LOSS

ROUND SEVEN Warriors vs. Dragons Mt Smart Stadium WIN

ROUND EIGHT Storm vs. Warriors AAMI Park LOSS

ROUND NINE Warriors vs. Tigers Mt Smart Stadium WIN

ROUND TEN Warriors vs. Roosters Mt Smart Stadium LOSS
There's no way I would be locking Dragons or Tigers as anything more than 50:50. It's an incredibly tough draw we have.

bruce

bruce

Contributor

How can you honestly see this side beating any team except as an upset. We were fortunate not to get the wooden spoon last season.

Reactions: 1 users
JBmurc

JBmurc

I'd say we will secure the wooden spoon ...which in some ways is what we need ...the final capitulation to clean out Watson , and Mr process & princess and anyone else that thinks there shit doesn't stink

watch the knights will go far in 2018

Reactions: 1 user
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Awesome. I expect alot things to happen next year. A Chiefs Vs Eagles Super Bowl. President Donald Trump to resign. Vice President Mike Pence to step aside. The Speaker Of House Paul Ryan to become next US President. UK Prime Minster Theresa May to be overthrown in bloodless coup led by her own political party. Doctor Who to be cancelled. The existence of intelligent life on other planets to be finally confirmed by scientists with the discovery of small band of alien radio signals coming from galaxy only ten to twelve light years from Earth. You know what I'm not expecting ? The NZ Warriors to make top eight. That would be crazy ... ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha