• 6-7

• 9-10

• 11-12

• 13-15

• Wooden Spoon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

100% true...At some stages he was a turnstile....Age well and truly caught up with him. Not signing was a god thing. Lilyman, meh...Mr Average on the field, did nothing special, cannot remember the last time he bent the line.
To add insult to injury, he'd get turned inside out and then start yelling and pointing at others FFS. The only bloke who is entitled to point fingers is Manners, and i've never seen him do it.

Reactions: 3 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

Game one will be the most vital for the clubs reputation in years. If they can manage a win in Perth for the first time in their history it will be a huge confidence booster for the early part of the season. Lose it badly and it doesn't bear thinking about...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Miket12

Miket12

I just hope the new players don't destroy the existing culture within the club where extras are frowned upon, "1 percenters" is the additional amount your manager can squeeze out during contract negotiations, and a big loss is celebrated with a poker night then off to SkyCity for V&Pills.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Sup42

Sup42

Could be interesting.

I don't expect much results wise, I think you'd be overly optimistic to have any expectations.

We have a new pack which is great and could make things interesting.

The type of player SK has gone for up front are mongrels.

A pack of Mongrels.

I'm looking forward to seeing them dish some out this coming season.

Probably the big risk with the new boys is that they play the confrontational style of a Gavet type.

Injury and penalties are going to plague that new look pack.

Hopefully we don't see Lisone and Vete much....hopefully the 1st pick Mongrels stay fit.

I'm pretty pleased we have more than one Thug forward next year, basically we can't afford the other forward types ( size and massive meters would cost us millions ).

I think having a pack of Mongrels others fear, is the type of Currency of influence that would rub off on our Vetes + Lisones + Satays etc. Every team needs alpha tough guys to put the wannabes in their place.

If you can marry up Kearneys low risk possession driven style with a dirty forward pack, you might have something worth watching.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

warriors4eva

warriors to finish 6th, lose 2nd round of playoffs

grand final 2019 !!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

Confrontational yes, mongrel no. Blair is a niggler. Harris is an athlete and the other two are just bigger than what we've got. None of them are a Vilisanti or Campion or a Betham.
In today's game those three players would have been given a lengthy time on the sideline with the actions I remember them for - when Villasanti tried to take Brad Fittlers head off, when Campion split open Webcke's forehead and when Betham rearranged Steve Reardon's face. You never see that sort of thing now and I'm sure all that happened over just one or two seasons.

Reactions: 4 users

dean

Yes, you are right. I was referring to the intimidation these blokes had and I don't see it in todays crop.

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Season Prediction - more pain.

I hate to think I’ve (d)evolved into one of those sideline stone throwing negative pricks that takes the easy road of bagging our boys - but FFS.....

I’m sure I’m not the only one that starts thinking about Corvo, Harris, Blair, Beale and Hiku and co and gets a flicker of hope and even excitement - only to want to admonish myself for it immediately.

Who knows, toss a coin, without being there and seeing the transition in the flesh I have no idea what to expect.....

Which is somewhat exciting o_O

Reactions: 4 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

Season Prediction - more pain.

I hate to think I’ve (d)evolved into one of those sideline stone throwing negative pricks that takes the easy road of bagging our boys - but FFS.....

I’m sure I’m not the only one that starts thinking about Corvo, Harris, Blair, Beale and Hiku and co and gets a flicker of hope and even excitement - only to want to admonish myself for it immediately.

Who knows, toss a coin, without being there and seeing the transition in the flesh I have no idea what to expect.....

Which is somewhat exciting o_O

With 6 seasons of not making the playoffs even the staunchest of supporters have reason to feel jaded.

Agree with the coin toss. Its the biggest player cleanout they've had for a long time. One half-injured player was not going to make a difference this year, but 6, possibly 7 changes to the regular 17 will be interesting. Just hoping it doesn't come down to a crunch game in round 26, as we all know what happens with those :depressed:.

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Not falling for the hype again unless there is results on field.

Predict another year of mediocrity.

Reactions: 7 users
Pozza

Pozza

Hard to predict not really knowing the style of footy we’re going to play. If it’s similar to last year it will be the same result, but if we give the ball a bit more air we might surprise a few teams.

Reactions: 2 users
FAN

FAN

You know your life is fucking depressing when you have been watching the All Whites thinking, I wonder if I should go buy a Phoenix jersey from Rebel Sports.......i'll look good in yellow and black right babe?...........BABE??? DIVORCED

I'm with Mt Wellington on next years thoughts. That's what i'll be doing.

• Haha
bruce

bruce

Contributor
In today's game those three players would have been given a lengthy time on the sideline with the actions I remember them for - when Villasanti tried to take Brad Fittlers head off, when Campion split open Webcke's forehead and when Betham rearranged Steve Reardon's face. You never see that sort of thing now and I'm sure all that happened over just one or two seasons.
Didn't Villasanti split open Webcke's head with an all on shoulder charge? Absolute mad bastard believed in sharing everything off the field as well. As for Monty Betham that flurry into Steve Reardon is the only thing I can remember him doing like that. It sure was a great exhibition and I think the word spread he was not one to mess with.

Sorry guys but we need a genuine metre eater, forget all the rest. The game these days is go forward for your backs, not on you back.

Mr Brownstone

Sportsbet odds have us 14th equal - or last equal depending on what spin you want to put on things. Seems logical at this point as other than Harris, we have signed bludgers or cripples. However from memory the last time we went into a season with such low public expectation might have been 2001 when we ended up doing pretty well. Who knows, perhaps we go ok.