General 2018 Warriors Membership Thread

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Would love to be an away member, but honestly theres just nothing in it for me here in Melbourne. The tickets they give you are awful, and i would much rather buy my own. The hats are nice, even the odd scarf. But i spend much more on the jumpers anyway. Meeting after the game never works for me as i have to travel back out to the burbs and its a school day most days after, meaning i have to be home as soon as i can with the family. Also how great must it be to show up if they have lost the game. I would prefer open training sessions or members only training sessions before the game, payment of membership leading to a significant discount on this seasons playing jumper (it sucks spending 150 bucks and then seeing it on sale elsewhere at 100 or less). I would also love to see a room put aside for other BIG game rivalries somewhere so that I can go there as a fan and meet other fans who watch the warriors for a game day experience when the game is not in Melbourne. Kida like sky city used to do for away games (do they still do that?). And to be fair i'm kinda shy and have trouble approaching players to get shit signed. It would be nice if the club could help facilitate this in some way that was special for members. (i'm still wanting a Manu signed shirt to join my collection, missed him in Melb in his last 2 years, still have the jumper unopened in its bag).

Anyway thats my thoughts. Still a passionate fan with or without the membership

Reactions: 6 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Kida like sky city used to do for away games (do they still do that?).

Last year they had a screening of the Away game against the Titans at the SkyCity Theatre for Members.

It was awesome seeing the team on the big screen and even better that we won.

Hopefully they do it again at some point this year.

Reactions: 3 users
YeahNah 4020

YeahNah 4020

Would love to be an away member, but honestly theres just nothing in it for me here in Melbourne. The tickets they give you are awful, and i would much rather buy my own. The hats are nice, even the odd scarf. But i spend much more on the jumpers anyway. Meeting after the game never works for me as i have to travel back out to the burbs and its a school day most days after, meaning i have to be home as soon as i can with the family. Also how great must it be to show up if they have lost the game. I would prefer open training sessions or members only training sessions before the game, payment of membership leading to a significant discount on this seasons playing jumper (it sucks spending 150 bucks and then seeing it on sale elsewhere at 100 or less). I would also love to see a room put aside for other BIG game rivalries somewhere so that I can go there as a fan and meet other fans who watch the warriors for a game day experience when the game is not in Melbourne. Kida like sky city used to do for away games (do they still do that?). And to be fair i'm kinda shy and have trouble approaching players to get shit signed. It would be nice if the club could help facilitate this in some way that was special for members. (i'm still wanting a Manu signed shirt to join my collection, missed him in Melb in his last 2 years, still have the jumper unopened in its bag).

Nailed it bro, I’m in Melbs also and a previous away member.
As you said the price is good but the seats suck and it is hostile at AAMI Park!

Plus the work next day thing does take away some of the enjoyment of game day, however could be a decent match next month!!

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Nailed it bro, I’m in Melbs also and a previous away member.
As you said the price is good but the seats suck and it is hostile at AAMI Park!

Plus the work next day thing does take away some of the enjoyment of game day, however could be a decent match next month!!
I love the crowd at AAMI. so many of us it always feels like a derby game.

Reactions: 2 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Quick non member question but I thought this was the appropriate place to ask, is vaping allowed at MSS? There were huge verbals happening in the section in row in front of us because of it.

Just curious.
What sort of dickhead thinks they can vape in the stands!!!

I took public transport to and from the game. Bus from the shore to Britomart before a train out to Penrose. The reverse after the game. After the game there was a large group ready for the first train which was about a 10 minute wait. Managed to get on the first train which was pretty full, can't say what the wait was like for the next train. But overall my first time taking public transport to the game was pretty good.
How long did the journey take from Shore to Penrose all up? Any longer going in reverse?

You don't have to be a member to be a fan. A lanyard, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck stickers, a cap and token members card doesn't mean you aren't a hearty fan...

snake77

snake77

How long did the journey take from Shore to Penrose all up? Any longer going in reverse?
It was about an hour each way. If it was any longer on the way back it would have been the wait for the train on the way back. That was only 10 minutes or so waiting with the crowd with a little stress that you might not fit in the first train due to the amount of people. Bus was waiting at Britomart when we got there as well.

I was lucky as my niece that staying with us knew the public transport system. Shes been living here two months compared to my 20 years. That was my first time on a train in Auckland, my public transport is usually limited to the odd bus trip in and out of the city for training courses or meetings.

Had a little wait for the bus on the way in as well. But all up it wasn't a bad trip, better than expected. Also had a few other fans do the same trip as us, got a few more at each stop.

I initially wanted to drive as the last few times with one of my work mates we'd pay for a park close to the ground and people usually let you out and the traffic clears pretty quick. One time I had to get dropped off at his old place in Mt Wellington and come back into the stadium traffic still get through alright.

Saturday got home around half time of the next game. Usually by car about 20 minutes into the next game.

Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Bay 32 Row 5, two of them actually. Got in a verbal with a couple in front of me who insisted that it wasn't allowed. Thought they were going to have it out. Idiots.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
eric

eric

i have some questions regarding game day member benefits and MSS. Hopefully someone can provide some info.

I finally bought a membership the other week. Just a basic $30 one. I’ll also be going to my first game ever at MSS in round 12 vs Rabbitohs. What i’d Like to know is: what benefits do members get on game day? Do I get to go into the members club rooms? There’s also that area where fans stand at the end of games and the players all file in and give them high fives etc.. is that open to members only? (I understand this part of my post should probably be in the MSS thread but I couldn’t find a definitive answer in the FAQ thread).

Also, the membership card - is it just something with “Member 2018” on it, or does it actually have your member number? Is there an actual purpose for it? Just wondering in case it can be scanned via barcode etc..

and lastly, for a first timer at MSS, is the best atmosphere in “gold uncovered?”. Don’t really want to go covered as it looks a fair distance from the field. Not worried about rain either...

Cheers!

Reactions: 4 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

You don't have to be a member to be a fan. A lanyard, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck stickers, a cap and token members card doesn't mean you aren't a hearty fan...

I saw a guy vaping in a Supermarket.

• Haha
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

I saw a guy vaping in a Supermarket.
I was walking behind a guy on the way to work the other day. He let out a massive puff straight at my face as I walked past him. Was about to give him a gobfull (not the deranged type!)..... but it smelt like pancakes!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
i have some questions regarding game day member benefits and MSS. Hopefully someone can provide some info.

I finally bought a membership the other week. Just a basic $30 one. I’ll also be going to my first game ever at MSS in round 12 vs Rabbitohs. What i’d Like to know is: what benefits do members get on game day? Do I get to go into the members club rooms? There’s also that area where fans stand at the end of games and the players all file in and give them high fives etc.. is that open to members only? (I understand this part of my post should probably be in the MSS thread but I couldn’t find a definitive answer in the FAQ thread).

Also, the membership card - is it just something with “Member 2018” on it, or does it actually have your member number? Is there an actual purpose for it? Just wondering in case it can be scanned via barcode etc..

and lastly, for a first timer at MSS, is the best atmosphere in “gold uncovered?”. Don’t really want to go covered as it looks a fair distance from the field. Not worried about rain either...

Cheers!
You will get access to the members tent situated in the North Stand.

To get hi fives I recommend registering in the members weekly comp to be a flag bearer or win a gym pass. Either that or line up behind the gates at the East Stand tunnel as the players run on or off the field. Two players will always make it to the members tent after the game.

No idea about the away member card?

Best for atmosphere is Lower East Bay 32 on towards the South Stand and as close to the front as possible. You are so close to the action you hear the players breathing...

eric

eric

You will get access to the members tent situated in the North Stand.

To get hi fives I recommend registering in the members weekly comp to be a flag bearer or win a gym pass. Either that or line up behind the gates at the East Stand tunnel as the players run on or off the field. Two players will always make it to the members tent after the game.

No idea about the away member card?

Best for atmosphere is Lower East Bay 32 on towards the South Stand and as close to the front as possible. You are so close to the action you hear the players breathing...

Sweet, bay 32 is the one I was going for.
Thanks man

Reactions: 1 users
eric

eric

there's a joke here somewhere about heavy breathing etc...but won't go there!

the $30 membership...

Will they post to the UK?

i'm fairly certain they do.

Mine's being sent to Australia with no postage cost, so it could be a flat $30nzd worldwide.

Makasene

Makasene

I took public transport to and from the game. Bus from the shore to Britomart before a train out to Penrose. The reverse after the game. After the game there was a large group ready for the first train which was about a 10 minute wait. Managed to get on the first train which was pretty full, can't say what the wait was like for the next train. But overall my first time taking public transport to the game was pretty good.

I'm a regular train user. Regardless of increased services there will always be delays moving that volume of people.

The piece of mind it brings to be able to have a few beers and not worry about driving is worth it to me.

Reactions: 5 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
It was about an hour each way. If it was any longer on the way back it would have been the wait for the train on the way back. That was only 10 minutes or so waiting with the crowd with a little stress that you might not fit in the first train due to the amount of people. Bus was waiting at Britomart when we got there as well.

I was lucky as my niece that staying with us knew the public transport system. Shes been living here two months compared to my 20 years. That was my first time on a train in Auckland, my public transport is usually limited to the odd bus trip in and out of the city for training courses or meetings.

Had a little wait for the bus on the way in as well. But all up it wasn't a bad trip, better than expected. Also had a few other fans do the same trip as us, got a few more at each stop.

I initially wanted to drive as the last few times with one of my work mates we'd pay for a park close to the ground and people usually let you out and the traffic clears pretty quick. One time I had to get dropped off at his old place in Mt Wellington and come back into the stadium traffic still get through alright.

Saturday got home around half time of the next game. Usually by car about 20 minutes into the next game.
Thanks for the post brother. I would like to catch the train, my wife doesn't want to...she has seen the news stories about bad behaviour on trains. The wait at Penrose station doesn't sound any worse than sitting in O'Rorke Road puffing out diesel fumes.

Miket12

Miket12

Stuff have reported that the membership number has leapt from 8000 to 14000 since the start of the season.

RiceOwl

RiceOwl

Anyone know when the member window was open/closed for members to purchase their seats for the double header? I was supposed to be away next weekend but just had it canned and am keen to go to the game, but want to be sitting in my seat next to my mates.