General 2018 Warriors Membership Thread

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Missed a few calls from an unknown number over the past days. Turns out it was the warriors membership team calling me wanting to know why I hadn’t renewed.

When I said that if they won this weekend I’d buy the away membership... the silence was amusing!! She seemed a little put out by that and said that they played well on the weekend. I said I agreed and it was pleasing to see.... so if they can do it again I’m in.

Not sure why they are so concerned about me getting the $30 membership... unless it’s alol about the numbers and bragging rights!
They called me as well. They were so polite and friendly and offered no bullshit so I joined up. It must be a hell of a job cold calling people all day long, especially with the way the club had been performing. Then when my pack was ready they phoned me while I was on the way to see the practice to tell me they would have my pack at the ground for me. I cannot speak too highly of them and credit has to be given when it is due IMO.

Reactions: 6 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Not sure why they are so concerned about me getting the $30 membership... unless it’s alol about the numbers and bragging rights!
Most likely because its their one and only job. Membership team. They try get members!

Up to 15,000 now so the bandwagon is getting full...

Warriors Bandwagon

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Lower West is my pick, can see what's going on with the bench.

Better for day games too because the sun isn't in your eyes.
I guess everybody has different likes.

The old west stand was built for the 1990 Commonwealth Games and as such was not designed for rugby league. The lower seats are so low the bench payers and other hangers on block much of the game IMO.

The east stand, old and new, were designed with the Carlaw Park atmosphere in mind and I just love it. Sure the sun gets in your eyes but so did it on the terraces at Carlaw Park. The club gave me a hat to shade my eyes anyway.

My favourite is the lower east stand but my wife likes to keep dry so we are in the upper part,

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Stacey Jones Lounge. Best seats in the house bar none...

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Stacey Jones Lounge. Best seats in the house bar none...
I have been up there for games. It is very comfortable, especially if you want drinks and snacks during the game, or to hob nob;), the back of the Tribe section is my favourite spot, I am just a working class man;):D

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Best view is Stacey Jones Lounge. Best atmosphere is Lower East. The front seats in the Lower East are 6 metres away from the sideline...

Reactions: 1 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
The parking was ok as usual, there is always plenty around but getting clear on the roads was a chore.

Did anybody use the trains? Were there enough? Were there any delays?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The parking was ok as usual, there is always plenty around but getting clear on the roads was a chore.
Best going to the members tent when that gets back up. Mingle with other fans, meet some players and win prizes. After half an hour the roads are clear...

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
I’m in the West Stand about 6 seats behind the oppositions reserve bench. We get a good view, are surrounded by passionate fans and are relatively close to the ground. We’re not under cover but it doesn’t actually rain that often.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Good point Welly. You are on next time. I will buy you a beer.:D
I have a spare pass to the lounge. We might see your mate Fale in there so you two can blow each other lol...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Quick non member question but I thought this was the appropriate place to ask, is vaping allowed at MSS? There were huge verbals happening in the section in row in front of us because of it.

Just curious.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Quick non member question but I thought this was the appropriate place to ask, is vaping allowed at MSS? There were huge verbals happening in the section in row in front of us because of it.

Just curious.
From the Mt Smart website..

Mt Smart Stadium is a SMOKE FREE venue. This includes the use of e-cigarettes and vaporisers.

Reactions: 3 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I’m in the West Stand about 6 seats behind the oppositions reserve bench. We get a good view, are surrounded by passionate fans and are relatively close to the ground. We’re not under cover but it doesn’t actually rain that often.
That sounds like where i used to sit when i still lived in NZ. Aside from a near fist fight one year when it rained and everyone wanted to use beach umbrellas as brollies it was a great place to sit. Although i assume ive been here for 10 years now that things might be a little different.

snake77

snake77

Did anybody use the trains? Were there enough? Were there any delays?
I took public transport to and from the game. Bus from the shore to Britomart before a train out to Penrose. The reverse after the game. After the game there was a large group ready for the first train which was about a 10 minute wait. Managed to get on the first train which was pretty full, can't say what the wait was like for the next train. But overall my first time taking public transport to the game was pretty good.