General 2018 Warriors Membership Thread

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

I’ve stuck firm and not renewed the out of town membership.... however the $30 price that includes a cool looking hat is drawing me closer...

I’ll wait and see how the season starts before I cave!!!

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

4ED20359 9811 496C 8917 7D674264091C

Reactions: 1 users
Fazz

Fazz

How long until the club tries the guilt tactic again?

(Yep, still salty over the 'true warrior' fuckery)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
How long until the club tries the guilt tactic again?

(Yep, still salty over the 'true warrior' fuckery)
Not as long as the current lot are there. It was made quite clear to them that fans found such marketing as insulting...

Reactions: 7 users
Defence

Defence

I'll probably join but I never wear hats so there's not much in it for me.
They should give u something a true warriors supporter needs- like a stubbie cooler, or maybe a stress ball- a spare remote? some good drugs ..... something to numb the pain.

• Haha

warriors4eva

how about instead of a cap they give members a jersey

lets be honest, its not like there arent plenty left over at the end of the season

im sure members would appreciate a $180 jersey for $0

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Used to get away membership but never used any of the tickets because we had turned to shit before I got around to using them.
Essentially my membership was then a donation to the club and I felt like I gave them enough money with merch purchases vs what they’ve been dishing out on the field so didn’t renew last season- interestingly enough I never got an email asking for renewal...

Diesel

Diesel

I'll probably join but I never wear hats so there's not much in it for me.
They should give u something a true warriors supporter needs- like a stubbie cooler, or maybe a stress ball- a spare remote? some good drugs ..... something to numb the pain.
They sent me a scarf one year when I ordered a cap through the membership.

Emailed back asking what the fuck am I supposed to do with a scarf in Queensland?

To their credit, they fixed it up quickly

• Haha
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

how about instead of a cap they give members a jersey

lets be honest, its not like there arent plenty left over at the end of the season

im sure members would appreciate a $180 jersey for $0

Or a special "members only" version of the jersey. Better material, choice of number etc.

Kalcod

I caved in a renewed immediately.

I rang them to check something out about my membership and had a chance to complain that the double header game is not included. As I told the lady on the phone, after the crap the team has served us up the last few years they should be happy that anyone is paying to see them and to not include a game at Mt. Smart is pretty shit.

I do understand the double header game is the game that was normally played down the county somewhere, but I still feel they should have included it in the season package to say thanks to the people that have stood by the club through thin and thinner and re purchased.........

I can see it now, somehow they turn this rabble around and they make the finals and then the Herald and tv news will be full of lifelong supporters who are unable to buy tickets to the home final game hahaha

Reactions: 5 users
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

They sent me a scarf one year when I ordered a cap through the membership.

Emailed back asking what the fuck am I supposed to do with a scarf in Queensland?

Problem solved. ;)

Go NZ Warriors ! :)

• Haha
fizurg

fizurg

I’ve always planned to become an away memeber but never really saw the point. Limited edition jerseys would sway me though.

Reactions: 1 user
Diesel

Diesel

They must be desperate, I emailed them to say I’m considering in a moment of weakness to renew my away membership and less than 5 minutes later I had 2 missed calls.

• Haha
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
They must be desperate, I emailed them to say I’m considering in a moment of weakness to renew my away membership and less than 5 minutes later I had 2 missed calls.
I think you might be right.
My brother cancelled his membership this year and he has already had 4 phone calls asking him to renew.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Got a call earlier, it’s not the greatest of sales pitches warriors (if you read this forum), even the salespeople sound resigned to hearing a “no thanks”.

Don’t plan on getting up to Auckland this year, so there really isn’t anything in it for me. A hat I guess, I have an old warriors hat I like better.

In the scheme of things what does high/low membership even mean?

There’s the membership table with all the aus teams, and no one likes to be on the bottom of a table, but does flogging extra memberships (on top of the 5000 who will probably die before they cancel) really mean that much to the bottom line? Once you factor in the free junk and the ticketing discount?

They are 100% privately owned, so it’s not like there is any governance aspect to membership. It’s just to give support, we’ve all given support over the years, most are getting pretty tired of it, but supporting a shackle-dragging club isn’t happening, so will ride the woe-woe coaster once again, but you can do that without the donation.

It’s not like Sydney, there isn’t that concentration of teams where a bumper sticker signifies anything, here, if you’re an NRL fan who don’t support the warriors, you either had an attachment before 1995 you never lost, or you’re a contrarian who feeds on the despair generated by them, or you’ve been driven insane by them and refuse to re-engage out of self-preservation or disgust. Most people I know who have given up on the warriors, also have given up on the NRL in general.

Similarly the aussie teams who bring games to NZ, surely they just do it for the gate takings, do they really gain long term members from here?

Also they don't seem to be in any danger of being kicked out, so there is no imperative to save the club either, they will do what they do, with or without a donation.

Reactions: 2 users
Diesel

Diesel

I think you might be right.
My brother cancelled his membership this year and he has already had 4 phone calls asking him to renew.
I feel for them, it’s an uphill battle while the team is so shit.

On a positive note, today, and other times I’ve spoken to the admin staff, they are lovely, friendly and helpful people.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

On a positive note, today, and other times I’ve spoken to the admin staff, they are lovely, friendly and helpful people.

With the amount of daily abuse they cop you probably made their day too.

• Haha