General 2018 Warriors Membership Thread

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Double header was after a 4 game winning streak to start the season. Try having one when we are on a four losing streak and you'll see game day experiences don't count for jack shit...
Double header is the reason for the sell out. How many turned up the next week?

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Can someone please be a bit more practical and be clear exactly what they want to happen to improve their 'game day experience'. And the team winning doesn't count.
I often wonder this too.
I would have thought the “game day experience” is the activity of experiencing the game live - what else do people really want?

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I often wonder this too.
I would have thought the “game day experience” is the activity of experiencing the game live - what else do people really want?
Exactly this. So why are there massive cues at the food and drink outlets that take 20 - 30 minutes to get through at times? That isn't helping the customer do what they are there for, watching the game. Doesn't matter, everyone is hung up on free WiFi.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
More would be there with free wifi and if they knew the team had a proper laundry
I also believe the emphasis on doing up the car park was they wanted boot parties like in the States. That would be fun for a couple of hours with how often it rains in Auckland.

The membership staff now have a job which is a lot more pleasant. Instead of ringing jaded fans asking to renewal they are probably taking phone calls. Business is always better when the sales come to you.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
When it comes to wifi, I'm not sure the technology is available to serve the numbers and concentrations of people in a stadium. Phone signal and data download when I go to games can be patchy or slow, inevitable with so many people ringing home or whatever, so I tend not to bother

I'm old school but my game day experiences are accessibility to the ground as I sometimes have a pensioner with me, cleanliness of the bogs, getting a drink if I need one. In terms of the entertainment I'm happy with pre-match games played by youngsters from local amateur clubs or schools. At half time the same thing , although in my experience most people talk about what they have watched in the first half and only have half an eye on everything else going on.

I go to watch the game in a decent environment (I've watched plenty of games in utter dumps as well mind) and the whole Americanised experience does nothing for me, unless it involves a few dolly birds running around that is:rolleyes:

Citygirl

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
May 3, 2016
Christchurch
I don't have any problems with the game day experience, but I do agree about Wi-Fi. It's in the club's best interests to have it. I'm not big on social media (this site is about it ) but if there was Wi-Fi people would be posting on FB and Twitter etc from the game spreading the warrior love

RiceOwl

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2015
The game day experience has come a long way in recent years. I’ve been fortunate enough to attend many games of NFL, MLB and NBA in the states and to be fair the stadium infrastructure has a huge part to play in the experience. Reliant stadium where the Texans play NFL (recently hosted the Super Bowl) was an incredible stadium that allowed so much to be brought to the experience.

Reactions: Johnnyray

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
The game day experience has come a long way in recent years. I’ve been fortunate enough to attend many games of NFL, MLB and NBA in the states and to be fair the stadium infrastructure has a huge part to play in the experience. Reliant stadium where the Texans play NFL (recently hosted the Super Bowl) was an incredible stadium that allowed so much to be brought to the experience.
Elaborate if you will.

Game day experience is all I hear but no one wants to tell me WTF it is!?!

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
I get 4G on my phone, seems fine on gameday who needs wifi?
The whie lady takes too long to make a hanmburger but man it tastes good when you get it, other than that queues are not that bad behind the West stand

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
The whie lady takes too long to make a hanmburger but man it tastes good when you get it, other than that queues are not that bad behind the West stand
Likewise. I always post from game day using my own data. Do people want Wifi so they can stream the whole game live? Im way too busy watching the game for much else on social media but suppose it could keep the kids happy if they start being cu**s...

• Haha
Reactions: bruce and Kestrel84

YeahNah 4020

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 6, 2017
I agree with a few of you boys
I’m not in NZ so sorry if wrong re: MSS

But it’s the little things aye,

Fast moving lines to enter and get seated
Food and bevy options reasonable price
Clean facilities
Home team area vs away team area
Pre game let local clubs play
Easy access to leave
Good signage to transport
Dry when wet

Keep winning

Reactions: eric

eric

1st Grade Fringe
May 27, 2015
GC
big ups to the membership team. They've been so swift in replying to some of my enquiries.

I told them I was coming from Aus w/ my girlfriend for this weeks game and I wanted to enter into the game day benefits draw.

Turns out, we've been selected to be in the guard of honour when the team takes the field LOL. Can't wait.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
I’d like it ..... but then I’m cheap and my limited data would get used up in a matter of minutes due to being on a cheap arse prepaid plan.

Reactions: Citygirl

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
The area at the North end of the stadium keeps improving every game.

The food trucks they had there this week were great, we had some really good seafood chowder from a place called Puha & Pakeha (exactly what we needed on a cold Saturday night).

The Woodstock Bar is awesome (especially when it's raining). One of the quickest places to get a drink (I think some people assume it's Members Only when it's not). They were giving out free ponchos to everybody who bought a drink (came in handy later on).

The stage with the band playing and the area to get photos taken were good initiatives too.

Thank you Warriors staff

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
This Friday, we celebrate YOU, at our annual members' appreciation day.

847077de-d631-4de8-9a07-6c6ee3754ac9.jpg

24481e91-dd42-49d1-ab51-2e8fe97c1342.jpg
Members' Appreciation Day
The Vodafone Warriors will celebrate their passionate members during the penultimate regular season game at Mount Smart Stadium against the Panthers on Friday, August 24 (8pm kick-off).

All members in attendance will be entitled to a range of exclusive perks and money-can’t-buy opportunities. Check out what is on offer below.

Round 24 - Friday, August 24

Gates open 5.15pm
New Zealand Police v Australian Police, 5.35pm
Vodafone Warriors v Penrith Panthers, 8.00pm

8879d82e-c943-4bd6-b01b-72ff1f955f00.jpg

Gift
The first 2000 members through the gates can collect a member exclusive car air freshener from the Members’ Clubrooms as a token of the clubs’ appreciation.

42c4b5ca-3121-4687-9ee2-8134516b3fcd.jpg

T-shirt cannon
One lucky member will be selected to assist a player from the Vodafone Warriors player with the Canterbury of New Zealand t-shirt cannon.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST

7018300d-f932-4b7e-995d-d52e408b6f52.jpg

Members' march
In the lead-up to NRL kick-off, all Vodafone Warriors members present at Mount Smart will have the opportunity to step out onto the turf for the annual members’ march around the pitch.

f5aa045d-c0ae-479f-a251-da22a60a1829.jpg

Merchandise discount
Show your membership card at the Vodafone Warriors Superstore on Friday night to access a 20% discount on all full-priced items.

d0ae15de-774c-4716-9fd2-1509a00d525e.jpg

Discounted drinks
Get $2 off your drinks in the Members' Clubrooms on Friday night.

b304aff3-bf4a-495b-aa81-3abfa5d65504.jpg

Team run-out
Members who have attended all 2018 home games so far will go into a draw for the chance to run out with the Vodafone Warriors as they take to the field before kick-off.

5e58c88e-50de-49b6-84c1-e3f2a1241381.jpg

Halftime "catch a bomb"
A complimentary 2019 Vodafone Warriors membership will be up for grabs for the member who can carry off their best David Fusitua impression under the high ball and catch a bomb put up by Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck.

REGISTER YOUR INTEREST

07bac9ff-32cc-4ab9-b3bd-cb8f695583db.jpg
Meet the team post-match
The final members-only benefit will be a meet-and-greet with the Vodafone Warriors in the Members’ Clubrooms following the game on Friday night. This will take place after the players have completed their post-match recovery session. They’ll be available for photos and autographs.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings