General 2018 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise thread

snake77

snake77

I recently watched an ESPN 30 for 30 on the LA Raiders. It was directed by Ice Cube as the Raiders were big with the N.W.A.

They made a big deal about the black and silver and how it was marketable as the LA Kings ended up moving to it.

I then remembered a rugby league team that used to sport those colours. The black and big silver V was pretty plain but there would of been some ok designs possible from that combination.

Bring back the black and silver and tap into the American market.;)

Reactions: 2 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

If I was looking at the big picture and planning for the future, I would move away from the black/white and more towards Auckland centric colours.

Eventually there will be another NZ based team, so the name "NZ" and the colours that go along with it need to go at some point.

This would also marry up with who our new owners are.

I would go for Blue/White/Green and then the Vodafone sponsorship will take care of the red, tying back to our initial colours.

Would love to see the initial layout/design used too, it was spot on!

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Also heard murmurs of reverting back to original colours next year, in 2 minds
On 1 hand it’d be nice to distance from the kiwis colours.
On the other hand we’ve had Black and white for nearly 3x as long as we had the original colours- maybe that’s our identity now?

Reactions: 1 user

warriors4eva

Saw some rumour about us going back to 95 colours. I'm sure MT W has a bit of knowledge.

I'd support that, always pissed me off that we change our colours every 3 years.

we have had so many heritage jerseys over the years with the 95 colours and everyone seems to like them

this years heritage jersey would get my vote to use for an entire season

Reactions: 1 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

For me, i hate the idea of going back to the original colours. The way I see it, the Auckland Warriors were a failed venture. They should return to the original New Zealand Warriors. Id like to see our colours like our first GF. Black, white, red, blue. And have red with black hints as the basis of our away jerseys. I think our red jerseys have been the most striking.

Forget changing the tone of the grey every couple of years. If we are supposed to be black and silver, can we have silver? Or go back to white

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
For me, i hate the idea of going back to the original colours. The way I see it, the Auckland Warriors were a failed venture. They should return to the original New Zealand Warriors. Id like to see our colours like our first GF. Black, white, red, blue. And have red with black hints as the basis of our away Jerseys. I think our red Jerseys have been the most striking.

Heres what the why dont we have both girl looks l 2 25350 1427494348 1 dblbig

Said too much. OK bye...

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
For me, i hate the idea of going back to the original colours. The way I see it, the Auckland Warriors were a failed venture. They should return to the original New Zealand Warriors. Id like to see our colours like our first GF. Black, white, red, blue. And have red with black hints as the basis of our away jerseys. I think our red jerseys have been the most striking.

Forget changing the tone of the grey every couple of years. If we are supposed to be black and silver, can we have silver? Or go back to white
disagree the wellington jumper would have been the most striking IMO

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

disagree the wellington jumper would have been the most striking IMO
You are dead right. Its my favourite of all. I have my signed 1 in a frame. All my other 46 jerseys are only pinned up

• Haha
Defence

Defence

I wouldn't mind going with the original blue, green, red as a home jersey, black when we play in NSW and white in qld (better for players and supporters up here).

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
I wouldn't mind going with the original blue, green, red as a home jersey, black when we play in NSW and white in qld (better for players and supporters up here).
I like this, ‘95 colours at home (that’s what we all fell in love with, and if there’s a mindset of failure attached to it - winning will change that quick enough) and black away, maybe the ‘01 & ‘02 jumper.

Would still prefer just an alternate white version of the home jersey as an away one though.

And maybe the white one you’re thinking of can be an alternate or another heritage one (loved the hoops one off jumper) to make certain we have all clashes accounted for.

I’d only add a WIL jersey to that and keep it and the others for the same two year period.

Oh and finally - the green moko must return (straight tongue).

There - that’s my Xmas list done LOL.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Lorina papalii 1a

Not really feeling this jersey. I appreciate that purple is the WNRL colour but to just whack it on the current heritage jersey looks lazy. Without the Warriors logo you would never know that team was part of the club. Bit disappointed with the effort put into our inaugural womens teams kit and how poorly tied into the club it is.

Hope they can get a major sponsor before the season gets underway. Apparently Vodafone was blocked by Telstra...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Looks like I’ll be getting H&A for the first time in ages

Any word on the club being re-renamed “Auckland”?
Nothing as yet. Wonder if they can actually rename it that without having to pay the debts of that old company???

AlexM

AlexM

I thought we looked really slick playing in purple and black.
It just looked really striking.

Reactions: 2 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor

Not really feeling this jersey. I appreciate that purple is the WNRL colour but to just whack it on the current heritage jersey looks lazy. Without the Warriors logo you would never know that team was part of the club. Bit disappointed with the effort put into our inaugural womens teams kit and how poorly tied into the club it is.

Hope they can get a major sponsor before the season gets underway. Apparently Vodafone was blocked by Telstra...

Just doesn’t scream Warriors does it? Even if the purple was swapped for red or something would fix that problem
Re:the purple, seemed a decent amount of clubs didn’t bother with a wil jersey- maybe the concept is fading