• A

• B

• C

• F

• Z!

Results are only viewable after voting.
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Somebody mentioned in a pre-season interview that Kieran Read had taught them a breathing technique to use under the posts

Reactions: 2 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Somebody mentioned in a pre-season interview that Kieran Read had taught them a breathing technique to use under the posts
You see them doing that after every try? Like they were meditating...

Reactions: 3 users

WarriorBall

You see them doing that after every try? Like they were meditating...

Also noticed they do it before anyone speaks, it’s like they’re clearing their heads before new messages are delivered.

I can’t say I’ve noticed the AB’s doing it but if Kieran Reid suggested it then it’s either the greatest cross-code gee-up of all time or it actually has some benefit for the players.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Also noticed they do it before anyone speaks, it’s like they’re clearing their heads before new messages are delivered.

I can’t say I’ve noticed the AB’s doing it but if Kieran Reid suggested it then it’s either the greatest cross-code gee-up of all time or it actually has some benefit for the players.
i dont know if it would be meditation, but it would quiet them all down long enough that they stop and listen to whats their being told. Its also really easy to spot the person who isnt onboard. If it adds meditation as well its some next level shit.

Reactions: 1 user
Generally Little

Generally Little

The breathing thing is talked about in one of the Papamoa camp vids. Cant remember who exactly mentions it, but they have obviously taken it on board.

Mr Brownstone

Kata and Ken have had too much criticism. Their good far outweighed the supposedly bad.Kata ran a great line for his try. Ken bought the ball back intelligently. These guys are far smarter than before.
If any outside back should have received some criticism from round 1 then I think it should have been Hiku and his defence - I've said it before however his tackling ability concerns me. 5 missed tackles against the Rabbitohs and there was a stage in the first half where he could barely lay a hand on his opposite man.

Reactions: 3 users
Makasene

Makasene

It has been raised a couple of times but good to see the pats on the back have been reserved for positive plays.

Seeing Green
If any outside back should have received some criticism from round 1 then I think it should have been Hiku and his defence - I've said it before however his tackling ability concerns me. 5 missed tackles against the Rabbitohs and there was a stage in the first half where he could barely lay a hand on his opposite man.

Have to say I noticed that too but I will give him the benefit as it was the great Greg Inglis he was marking.

A lot of arm grabbing though

Reactions: 1 users
Deranged

Deranged

They showed an interesting thing on the Matty Johns show that I didn’t notice watching the game.
Apparently after each try the warriors would make a circle, close their eyes and take deep breaths in unison- any insight on this?
Apparently they got this from the Kieran Read talk.

Deranged

Deranged

Hey Matiunz... Just found this on the net:

Deep breathing has several important benefits. It ensures that you get enough oxygen so your body can function well. By getting more oxygen into your body, you will relax, feel better, and it will give you a greater sense of control. This increased comfort will give you more confidence and enable you to more easily combat negative thoughts (which are often the cause of the overintensity). It will also help you let go of negative emotions such as fear or frustration, and allow you to regain positive emotions such as excitement. Focusing on your breathing also acts to take your mind off of things that may be interfering causing your overintensity.

I mentioned to my son 'what about poor Shauny he is missing out while he attempts the conversion'
True, but he does calm himself before taking a kick at goal.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

I thought Kata deserved to be sent to the bin, the ref had just warned Roger after several consecutive penalties for slowing the play the ball down then Kata blatantly has his hands all over the ball in the very next tackle.

I know it’d be going off on here if we were only ahead by a couple of points in a tight one.

Roger could slow the ball down at every other penalty by calmly asking the ref for clarification and identifying which players he as Captain needed to address.

Just don't milk it and it can be as useful as a scrum for having a breather lol.

WarriorBall

Roger could slow the ball down at every other penalty by calmly asking the ref for clarification and identifying which players he as Captain needed to address.

Just don't milk it and it can be as useful as a scrum for having a breather lol.

Do ref’s talk to captains after every penalty? I thought they had gone away from that to help speed the game up.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

It's just a quick form of meditation by the looks of it, get in the group, close your eyes take some deep breathes in unison to refocus your mind/breathe control, then everyone is refocussed and the leaders speak about the teams next task. They did it after the bunnies scored aswell, just a refocusing tool I guess.

Yup. Soward and co as well as Peter Sterling were taking the piss. But basically because the Warriors history is tragic so they are not convinced yet.

But I'm stoked with our current win streak.

• Haha
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Do ref’s talk to captains after every penalty? I thought they had gone away from that to help speed the game up.

Doesn't have to be every penalty but I get your drift. It could also be prone to quick taps too.

Tragic

Tragic

i think they are practicing mindfulness, helps you get in the moment and focus, looks like hippy crap but it actully works, never seen it applied for sports though,

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Yeah they haven't been allowed to talk to the refs at penalties or scrums since the 2014 season, unless your name is Cameron Smith.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Yeah they haven't been allowed to talk to the refs at penalties or scrums since the 2014 season, unless your name is Cameron Smith.

Exactly my point.
If they are being consistent at rules.....then?

I get it though. Ryan Hoffman found out how warriorsist the refs have been when he was captain.