Results are only viewable after voting.
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
2018 Round 1 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors Post Match Discussion
Rabbitohs ? vs ? New Zealand Warriors
nib Stadium, Perth

NRLRd24RabbitohsvWarriors74KQLm9CsOHx

Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 1 game between the New Zealand Warriors and Rabbitohs after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc...

Reactions: 1 user
Matulino's Left Shoulder

Matulino's Left Shoulder

I love the Warriors in the Trump era.
Thank you President Trump !

• Haha
Reactions: 34 users
Sebastian

Sebastian

Wow. What a rush. Nice win. Blair is someone you don't want to run into. And that can't be underestimated. Green straightens up the attack. Good buy so far.

Reactions: 13 users
RiceOwl

RiceOwl

How good! So much to like about this game - the win, the style of play, the recruits, broken hoodoo/s, but how about that attitude! I haven’t seen commitment and attitude like that for a long time, maybe even since the Cleary days? They wanted it and by god they deserved it.

So much to like, but the things that stuck out to me:
- MOM for me = Isaac Luke. Huge game. Great service, took on the line plenty and got great yards, and just looked committed. Hope it continues.
- Papalii - How old? 19? You are kidding me...He is a going to be a deadset star for this team for many years to come. But what I really like about him is his composure.
- Forwards. Our ‘small' forwards just showed commitment and stepped up as a unit today. Kept on punching at the line and looked difficult to get down at times.
- A running Shaun Johnson. So good to see and I hope this isn’t a mirage. If this can continue with Green managing the game so to speak and Shaun Johnson taking on the line, it will be exciting.
- Tohu Harris - Worth every cent. Huge game. Showed that Storm professionalism.
- Offloads - Great to see them look for offloads and runners backing up.
- Play of the game - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck spot tackle. Great commitment and was just simply one of the best I have seen.
- Still think a Wing and Centre position are up for grabs. Didn’t think Kata and Maumalo were as horrific as they have been in the past, but that they also played to their strengths with some strong carries and using their strength to get across the line.
- A guy I rip on a lot is Lisone. But credit where credit is due - good to see him get his first try and he played with a lot of gusto and less stupid shit.

Couple of questions that came from this game:
- Will Blair step up further? Hasn’t shown his price tag just yet. Was busy but not a standout. That PTB was just lazy I thought as well.
- Will the refs police the ruck as hard as they have been in round one.
- Will the offloads and 'Warrior ball' continue?

Ahhh I think I’ll just sit back and enjoy this one for a good week. Bring not the Tit’s!

Reactions: 26 users
Rilakkuma

Rilakkuma

OMG! That is the best first round game I have even seen us play! Usually we look rusty as at the start of the season! Hell, thats the best we have played in the past 5 years! I excited now!

Reactions: 22 users
Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

I think the moment for me was the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck try saving tackle in the first half. My wife and I looked at each when he made the break thinking, not again but wow what an improved effort!

Reactions: 19 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Great start.... lot to be positive about!!

Now if they could please stop giving away stupid penalties that would be great!!

Reactions: 6 users
BiggerD

BiggerD

First Win ever in Perth WA
Well done Warriors

Just shows those people that the Warriors can win in Aussie

This 2018 Team is looking very good. :)

Reactions: 5 users
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Best game this year.
Still got stuff to work on. But the boys were not huffing and puffing.
Time to bet on top 8 top 4 as nd grand final before they work us out

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Kalcod

Very impressed. Couldn't believe it when Anasta says the Warriors look the fitter of the 2 teams. Wow. !

Green, Papalii and Afoa very impressive. Love it

Reactions: 19 users
drunk_monk

drunk_monk

That's how you start a season. Winning where we haven't before.

Oh optimism, welcome back, like it is every year.....

Reactions: 10 users
danyooll

danyooll

Oh man, I haven’t felt this good in a while. Haven’t seen so much emotion in a warriors game for a while. You could sense something positive in the air with that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck trysaver and the camaraderie of the boys straight after.

The fact that we conceded only 6 points with 12 on the field for 10 minutes, and without Mannering - unheard of.

It’s only round 1, but I’m looking forward to this year.

LETS GORNNEEE WARRIOORRS

Reactions: 13 users
Rilakkuma

Rilakkuma

Whats not to like about that game? We beat the Bunnies! We won in Perth! We overcame some awful penalties! And we were fucking entertaining!

Reactions: 18 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Haven't seen any of it yet, but to all the doubters I put $3000 of Bookie cash on them to win.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users