How good! So much to like about this game - the win, the style of play, the recruits, broken hoodoo/s, but how about that attitude! I haven’t seen commitment and attitude like that for a long time, maybe even since the Cleary days? They wanted it and by god they deserved it.
So much to like, but the things that stuck out to me:
- MOM for me = Isaac Luke. Huge game. Great service, took on the line plenty and got great yards, and just looked committed. Hope it continues.
- Papalii - How old? 19? You are kidding me...He is a going to be a deadset star for this team for many years to come. But what I really like about him is his composure.
- Forwards. Our ‘small' forwards just showed commitment and stepped up as a unit today. Kept on punching at the line and looked difficult to get down at times.
- A running Shaun Johnson
. So good to see and I hope this isn’t a mirage. If this can continue with Green managing the game so to speak and Shaun Johnson
taking on the line, it will be exciting.
- Tohu Harris
- Worth every cent. Huge game. Showed that Storm professionalism.
- Offloads - Great to see them look for offloads and runners backing up.
- Play of the game - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
spot tackle. Great commitment and was just simply one of the best I have seen.
- Still think a Wing and Centre position are up for grabs. Didn’t think Kata and Maumalo
were as horrific as they have been in the past, but that they also played to their strengths with some strong carries and using their strength to get across the line.
- A guy I rip on a lot is Lisone
. But credit where credit is due - good to see him get his first try and he played with a lot of gusto and less stupid shit.
Couple of questions that came from this game:
- Will Blair
step up further? Hasn’t shown his price tag just yet. Was busy but not a standout. That PTB was just lazy I thought as well.
- Will the refs police the ruck as hard as they have been in round one.
- Will the offloads and 'Warrior ball' continue?
Ahhh I think I’ll just sit back and enjoy this one for a good week. Bring not the Tit’s!