Internationals 2018 Pacific Test Invitational

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Apart from the halves it’s not THAT bad of a team.
Samoa V Tonga should be interesting, Samoa too proud to go down without a fight and Tonga may start to believe the hype-could be an ambush

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 6, 2013
Melbourne
It really is weird how caught up fans get with players bouncing around international league teams. The international game has largely been a farce for quite some time now, and until they put a comprehensive set of rules in place this is how it will be.

Some people might grow up dreaming to play for their country, others might not even consider the idea they will play rep footy until the coach calls, either way, some people may place parental heritage at the top, others may place where they were born at the top or where they live at the top, heck they may even place which is likely to earn them the most money at the top, who are we to judge? If you are a passionate fan for your particular country, that is great feel free to represent them.

Let me be clear, I am a Kiwi through and through and have no affiliation with any other country. But the way people (including current and former Kiwis players) have talked about Jason Taumololo is embarrassing, I get it, he turned his back on you, he is a world class player, it has opened the flood gates for people to come through the New Zealand system and then play for someone else. But surely at the end of the day, you would prefer to have people who are as passionate about your country as you are represent it?

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Anyone else watching? PNG starting strong, all over Fiji ATM

Reactions: leaguejunkie

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
It really is weird how caught up fans get with players bouncing around international league teams. The international game has largely been a farce for quite some time now, and until they put a comprehensive set of rules in place this is how it will be.

Some people might grow up dreaming to play for their country, others might not even consider the idea they will play rep footy until the coach calls, either way, some people may place parental heritage at the top, others may place where they were born at the top or where they live at the top, heck they may even place which is likely to earn them the most money at the top, who are we to judge? If you are a passionate fan for your particular country, that is great feel free to represent them.

Let me be clear, I am a Kiwi through and through and have no affiliation with any other country. But the way people (including current and former Kiwis players) have talked about Jason Taumololo is embarrassing, I get it, he turned his back on you, he is a world class player, it has opened the flood gates for people to come through the New Zealand system and then play for someone else. But surely at the end of the day, you would prefer to have people who are as passionate about your country as you are represent it?
I think you will find the upset at Taumalolo is more about his deviousness. Looking back, the way he took players with Tongan heritage aside after games, throught last season to turn their allegiance was disgusting and disgraceful. He went about a mutiny secretly and with devious intent to double cross the Kiwis at the last minute and do exactly what he did. Catch us unawares. Taumalolo is the only player I despise for the world cup. I would have everyone back but him. He talked about his late advice to the Kiwis perhaps being badly done. It was planned. Just watch some old games and watch him put his arm around Tongans in opposition teams after season games and lead them to a quiet part of the field. That wasnt accidental.

usiz.king

U20's Player
Mar 15, 2016
I think you will find the upset at Taumalolo is more about his deviousness. Looking back, the way he took players with Tongan heritage aside after games, throught last season to turn their allegiance was disgusting and disgraceful. He went about a mutiny secretly and with devious intent to double cross the Kiwis at the last minute and do exactly what he did. Catch us unawares. Taumalolo is the only player I despise for the world cup. I would have everyone back but him. He talked about his late advice to the Kiwis perhaps being badly done. It was planned. Just watch some old games and watch him put his arm around Tongans in opposition teams after season games and lead them to a quiet part of the field. That wasnt accidental.
And i take it you know this be cause he told you himself?? Stop assuming shit cause it just makes you look stupid.

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
And i take it you know this be cause he told you himself?? Stop assuming shit cause it just makes you look stupid.
Assuming? Go watch the end of any of his games last year. Not assuming anything. Its widely known. I even vaguely remember Fusitua talking about how convincing his approach was.

Im a Warriors fan. I spent 6 years looking stupid. No biggy.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Really looking forward to the next test match.

As a Neutral I switch sides a lot between Samoa and Tonga...usually settling on the underdog...however until recently there hasn't been too much separating both teams.

Samoa it is then.

Reactions: matiunz and Defence

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Really looking forward to the next test match.

As a Neutral I switch sides a lot between Samoa and Tonga...usually settling on the underdog...however until recently there hasn't been too much separating both teams.

Samoa it is then.

I always supported tonga just to wind up my Samoan mates but in light of recent events...... let's gone Samoa!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings